Question about LSU

BamaGrad03

Just curious now that you guys have gotten a chance to see LSU first hand...do you think Alabama has a chance to handle em in baton rouge?

By then Guillon will have a bunch of games under his belt and our freshmen wont be freshmen anymore...

After what you saw yesterday, what do you guys think the odds are that LSU goes 0-2 against the state of alabama this year?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a healthy Brodie Croyle I would've said yes. Bama always has a stout offense and Bama has a decent offense with Brodie and the backs (Darby/Hudson) but without Darby they're too one-dimensional

Sorry BF, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but:

1. No chance.

2. I've seen wishful thinking before but this really takes the cake.

3. Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

the only way you win is if the hex you've got on them at baton rouge is stronger than the hex florida has over georgia. the gap between their team and what i've seen of bama's is as wide as it was last year. they are deep and they are fast and you have to think their qbs are going to be playing better by that time as well b/c like you said russell won't be a freshman anymore.

the only way you win is if the hex you've got on them at baton rouge is stronger than the hex florida has over georgia. the gap between their team and what i've seen of bama's is as wide as it was last year. they are deep and they are fast and you have to think their qbs are going to be playing better by that time as well b/c like you said russell won't be a freshman anymore.

What about bama's team have you seen that shows such a wide gap?

(assuming M. Gullion is a serviceable QB)

it's not a knock on bama. i just don't see a guy capable of seperating consistently from corey webster (assuming he's completely healthy) or jesse daniels. and i don't see a team in the country that can beat lsu by only pounding the ball at them. no offense, but bama's running game doesn't have the pop auburn's does with ronnie and carnell and we could only muster 130+ yards on them.

on the other side, i think it's a little closer, but they have the ability to run it pretty well on just about anyone. if they come to their senses and give alley broussard more carries, they'll be an even better running team which is what they have to become to find consistent offense. and i think a lot of teams can wear down your front seven b/c from what i've seen it's only 8 or 9 guys deep which is really thin for the sec.

1. No chance.

3. Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1.  No chance. 

2.  I've seen wishful thinking before but this really takes the cake. 

3.  Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

Shouldn't you be trying to find an extra point kicker? ;)

our freshmen wont be freshmen anymore...

Our freshmen will just recede to high school lettermen over these next two months, so.... SURE! :poke:

Shouldn't you be trying to find an extra point kicker? ;)

We can call John Carney! Oh wait.... <_<

I just finished watching a replay of the UA-WCU game. WCU matched up well with UA for the first qtr and well into the second qtr. When WCU fumbled on their 2, that seemed to take the wind out of their sails. Then the UA team begin to wear them down in the second half and talent took charge of the game. This question might be better answered after next week, because UA plays their first actual game (IMO). But now that Croyle is gone, I don't see a win for you guys against LSU.

Now a question to you. Why in the hell was Brodie even on the field with a 31 point lead? Your OC (Rader, right?) should be hung by his &*((s under Denny Chimes and left for the birds. (might want to make room for Shula too, he should have taken him out.) Especially during the third game of the season. With a 31 point lead, and the SEC schedule coming up, Brodie should have been on the sideline smoking and joking with the other first teamers.

1.  No chance. 

2.  I've seen wishful thinking before but this really takes the cake. 

3.  Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

I too could've seen it with Croyle, but I'm not sure how well the backup QB of Bama is competing like.

I think Bama has a chance. Anyone can beat anyone on any given saturday.

It would definately have helped if BC didn't get injured, so Bama will have to play a perfect game.

Bama has talent, but it'll be whether or not they have enough of it and if the team plays like they can

Brodie gave them a chance but who really knows now?

I enjoyed the win over LSU but it'll be a few more weeks before we see, who are the legit teams in the SEC this year.

I just finished watching a replay of the UA-WCU game. WCU matched up well with UA for the first qtr and well into the second qtr. When WCU fumbled on their 2, that seemed to take the wind out of their sails. Then the UA team begin to wear them down in the second half and talent took charge of the game. This question might be better answered after next week, because UA plays their first actual game (IMO). But now that Croyle is gone, I don't see a win for you guys against LSU.

Now a question to you. Why in the hell was Brodie even on the field with a 31 point lead? Your OC (Rader, right?) should be hung by his &*((s under Denny Chimes and left for the birds. (might want to make room for Shula too, he should have taken him out.) Especially during the third game of the season. With a 31 point lead, and the SEC schedule coming up, Brodie should have been on the sideline smoking and joking with the other first teamers.

Its been answered before on this board...but you answered it yourself. The offense was sluggish in the first half...and just like 100% of all other coaches, its normal for the starting QB to play at least one series in the 2nd half.

See Miami - Left Gore (2 blown acls) and Berlin in the third quarter up 34-0

also see freshman receivers and rookie oline...still trying to get everyone on the same page.

Just curious now that you guys have gotten a chance to see LSU first hand...do you think Alabama has a chance to handle em in baton rouge?

By then Guillon will have a bunch of games under his belt and our freshmen wont be freshmen anymore...

After what you saw yesterday, what do you guys think the odds are that LSU goes 0-2 against the state of alabama this year?

Bamagrad, how about a friendly bet? A case of beer of your choice that LSU covers the spread against 'bama...and, you know, LSU will be favored. What do you say? Put up if you think the state of 'bama can sweep LSU or STFU!

1. No chance.

Got to agree with you on this one

The talent LSU has is bar none higher then Alabama's and I don't see anyway that LSU doesn't win the game even with an average QB.

Bamagrad, how about a friendly bet? A case of beer of your choice that LSU covers the spread against 'bama...and, you know, LSU will be favored. What do you say? Put up if you think the state of 'bama can sweep LSU or STFU!

Done. Case of the winners choice. Shipped to their door.

Dont know if this is a put up or shut up situation since I havent been talking trash or anything.

But if LSU doesnt cover...I win...if bama wins, I should get something EXTRA.

But if LSU doesnt cover...I win...if bama wins, I should get something EXTRA.

Agreed. Everyone on this board should get one bottle (not a whole case -- that would be ridiculous) of the brew of his/her choice.

I don't think any team can beat LSU this year in death valley, which is why i laugh at the fact that Bama could be the one team to knock them off at home. Bama has some good players but their talent doesn't stack up with Auburn which doesn't stack up with LSU, our players played their hearts out and it took some breaks, even though we got screwed by a couple of calls, to beat an LSU team that will only get better as the season goes on.

I thought Bama could win 8 games with Brodie Croyle at qb, now im thinking 6 at best, but never in my wildest imagination did I think Bama could beat LSU, I've been proved wrong before, but I think LSU rolls over Bama 38-14.

BG - I'd love to give you an informed response on this - but I haven't watched a bama game yet. All I know is that LSU's defense is VERY strong, and you just lost your team leader for the season.

But, I think the ARkansas game will be interesting.

LSU pretty much made Ronnie and Carnell a non-factor yesterday as far as the amount of yardage they got (of course they stacked the line to do this). UAT must now rely on their (solid) running game with Brodie out. I don't see UAT even competing with LSU at this point. Too bad for Brodie, I really hate that. Seriously.

LSU should kick the crap out of Bama. But if any school has ever owned an opponent at their home field (besides AU on UA) it is Bama at BR. There is no rational way to explain it. So who knows what will happen. I wouldn’t put real money on it.

BG, what’s the word from the Bama faithful on Shula’s decision to leave Croyle in so long ?

Archived