Question about LSU

BamaGrad03

BamaGrad and Tidefan I'd love for Bama to whip LSU not only because it puts us in a better position in the west but also I flat out hate LSU. But I would really be surprised if Bama won. LSU excels at the basics of good football-great defense and a dominate O line. They still might make it to ATL. I haven't seen Bama against a decent team yet so I could be wrong.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per your argument then...Shula was an idiot for even playing brodie in the first quarter...right?

We could have won with anyone at QB.

No, you play your first team QB until the game is completely in hand, then it is time for the second and third team.

And per your argument, yes, UA may have won with any QB. Pennington, Gullien (SP?) or maybe even Avalo (or whatever his name is, the 3rd stringer from last year who played when Croyle and Pennington went down).

I'm not implying any one is stupid or an idiot. I've been watching football for about 40 years now, and I've seen too many players get hurt when they shouldn't even be in the game.

My first Auburn game I went to at Legion Field was AU/MSU in 1971,2 or 3 (can't remember the exact year). Auburn was leading 59-0 in the 4th Qtr. Mike Kolen (Cap't Krunch) was in the game and broke his leg. Shug received a lot of flak for that one. Kolen was lost for the year.

I've listened to discussion for and against what happened. Seems Tide fans are about 50/50 on whether he should have been in the game. Personally, it doesn't affect me one way or the other. I just hate to see Brodie lose another year of football. He's a nice and talented kid, and deserves better.

Daymeyune Craig...Graduate assistant, defensive backs...LSU

Saban thinks he's gonna be an excellent coach. Did he play for coach TIE and bowden?

Let me give you a quick tip, sonny boy. You will get nowhere fast calling one of our most beloved coaches "tie". You would be better off to simply not let the door hit you in the arse ! ! ! !

:corndog: Nature's quitters.

Daymeyune Craig...Graduate assistant, defensive backs...LSU

Saban thinks he's gonna be an excellent coach. Did he play for coach TIE and bowden?

To actually answer your question, Craig was Nix's backup and started in 96-97. Graduated in 97.

BamaGrad and Tidefan I'd love for Bama to whip LSU not only because it puts us in a better position in the west but also I flat out hate LSU.

Am I the only AU fan left who wants Bama to lose EVERY game? I used to be of the warm-natured friendly rivalry persuasion, but now i have to be true to myself. I think spending the last 3 years in ttown have made me cold and bitter. :angry:

As for Bama, they had no chance even with BC. LSU just has too much defensive speed.

BamaGrad and Tidefan I'd love for Bama to whip LSU not only because it puts us in a better position in the west but also I flat out hate LSU.

Am I the only AU fan left who wants Bama to lose EVERY game? I used to be of the warm-natured friendly rivalry persuasion, but now i have to be true to myself. I think spending the last 3 years in ttown have made me cold and bitter. :angry:

As for Bama, they had no chance even with BC. LSU just has too much defensive speed.

Personally, if i were an Auburn fan, I'd be pulling for UA to beat as many sec opponents as possible, because that only helps AU.

I have no comment on the LSU/UA prediction. I think the Ark game this saturday will set the tone for the rest of the year for UA. If Ark smacks us in the mouth early, they will dominate the game. That will be tough for bama.

As for the Brodie Croyle's talent comment, I haven't seen one thread this year, saying Croyle has no talent. In the first two weeks, when Croyle was beating Campbell in every catergory, NOBODY said a word about Brodie. Don't wait until he's gone for the year to start talking smack. His stats against two weak teams, were better than Campbell's stats against two weak teams. And don't start with the "We had Carnell and Ronnie, so we ran more" crap, because in two weeks, UA and AU were dead even in the running game.

I'm not trying to get a whole Croyle vs Campbell thing going again, so I won't comment any further.

I still don't agree with Croyle even being in the game. Yes, I know we've heard they need to get their timing down, they need the reps, blah, blah, blah. But Croyle has shown his fragility since the second game of his senior year in HS. I believe I'm right in saying he was injured in that game and did not play his senior year. His frosh year he played only in mop up duty behind Watts. Then last year he play almost the whole year with a seperated shoulder. Now this.

Timing and reps is fine, but that is what practice is for. When your up 31 points, the game is in control. It's time to build depth and give the backups some lessons in timing and reps. Especially at QB. Every team needs an experienced (as much as possible) second QB for situations just like bammer is in now.

I still say he should have been sitting on the sideline, or have his baseball cap on and advising and teaching the second QB. He had already proved his worth this game, let someone else shine.

You don't agree with Croyle being in, and you will never agree with Croyle being it. I understand that, but I will point out one more thing that people haven't taken the time to look at, before casting judgement on the situation.

Bama scored 3 touchdowns and 1 fieldgoal on four drives in the first half. One drive of 41 yards, one drive of 5 yards, one drive of 61 yards, and one drive of 15 yards. On average, bama only had to go 30.5 yards per drive to score points. That' 122 total yards of offense on four scoring drives. There were three more drives in the first half, that resulted in punts. For a total, bama had 148 total yards of offense against Western Carolina in the first half. Take out Western Carolina, put in Arkansas, and I doubt we have 148 total yards. I also doubt we would be winning the game. If we were, not a chance in hell it would be 31-0.

It's over and nothing can be done about it, but I seriously doubt ANY coach would pull their starters at halftime after under-performing like that against a Div II school. I'd also like to look back at last years AU wins over cream puff teams, and see if Campbell was pulled at half-time, when AU had the game already in the bag. I seriously doubt it happend. Hell, I'm willing to bet that Carnell, Ronnie Brown, and Jason Campbell play at least one drive in the second half of the Citadel game this week. I guess we will see.

BamaGrad, I was beginning to think you were one of the few rational Bammers until this post. But to come HERE and ask such a silly question and then act offended when you get a straight answer..... well, I suppose you're just delusional, like the other Bammers.

First, BC or not, Bama does not have talent equal to LSU. The Bama first team is pretty good and that is why they look good against the poor teams. Bama has NO depth and will be even worse when November rolls around.

One of the keys to AU being able to hang with LSU and win in the 4th quarter is depth on defense, especially in the DL and LB's. CTT was substituting in the DL on the LSU's second possession.

AU's defense this year may well be better than last year. I've heard all the gloom and doom predictions with the loss of DT and KD at LB and those in the DL, as well, BUT this year's defense is different. Instead of a handful of superstars, supported by young, unproven talent, this year's defense is loaded with many of equal talent and SPEED.

The DL has two complete units that can switch out with no loss in productivity, plus a couple of third teamers (if you want to call them that) who can come on and play against top quality teams. The LB's are not far behind in that respect. The secondary is not as deep, with the injury to Irons and defection of Denson, but everyone from last year is back with another year's experience, plus we have several new additions who have seen siginficant playing time, even against LSU.

Bama's problem against LSU and other quality teams is going to be DEPTH. This does not show against the Utah States and Western Carolinas and Ole Mrs type teams because they don't have quality depth either. You say you are glad that you play LSU in November....... BAD CHOICE..... By then, your already thin depth in the OL and DL is likely to be thinner; all it takes is one or two injuries to put true freshmen or walk-on's in the lineup. Even without major injuries, those starters who have to play almost every down against good teams will be banged up and playing at a reduced level of effectiveness.

By November, your "freshmen won't be freshmen"...... that is supposed to be an advantage for you? LSU has a much superior freshman class to Bama and that was before one third of Bama's class didn't qualify. LSU's freshmen will have some time to mature by November too, but they will be playing behind upper classmen. Your statement on that may be the most delusional part of your posts in this thread.

The question of BC being injured while up by 31 against a Div. 1AA team is a valid one. It is not the same situation as Cambell being in against LA Monroe early in the second half. BC is not Campbell; BC has proven to be injury prone, Campbell has proven to be very durable. Personnel utilization is one facet of the game that your coach-in-training has not yet mastered. You can't have a standard plan that fits all situations in that respect. IF Brodie means as much to your team and is really as good as you say he is (which I seriously doubt) then he should be pulled and allowed to get his reps in practice where he can wear the pink jersey. Face it, Shula was trying to let Brodie get his numbers up to make his daddy happy and give the fans something to crow about. It backfired just like it did last year...... he's not learning from his mistakes.

How good is Guillon? He left Miami because he couldn't compete with Brock Berlin; if that doesn't give you a clue, then lay off the Kool Aid for a few days.

Come on bg you really have to be kidding yourself....maybe before Brodie went down but not now  definately not now...

What the heck has BC ever done that peopel make him to be that big of a difference? Good? yes. Great? No. Even with BC UAT losses by at least 10-14 points.

You didnt see any of the bama games this year. Brodie has made enough passes already this season to show he has an exceptional talent.

Those teams would make the Auburn QB's look like Heisman contenders. Give me a break! :roll:

No, you are not! :au:

Personally, if i were an Auburn fan, I'd be pulling for UA to beat as many sec opponents as possible, because that only helps AU.

I have no comment on the LSU/UA prediction. I think the Ark game this saturday will set the tone for the rest of the year for UA. If Ark smacks us in the mouth early, they will dominate the game. That will be tough for bama.

As for the Brodie Croyle's talent comment, I haven't seen one thread this year, saying Croyle has no talent. In the first two weeks, when Croyle was beating Campbell in every catergory, NOBODY said a word about Brodie. Don't wait until he's gone for the year to start talking smack. His stats against two weak teams, were better than Campbell's stats against two weak teams. And don't start with the "We had Carnell and Ronnie, so we ran more" crap, because in two weeks, UA and AU were dead even in the running game.

I'm not trying to get a whole Croyle vs Campbell thing going again, so I won't comment any further.

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. :au:

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Id agree with that.

I would be strongly suprised if UAT can hang with LSU. I am not a UAT basher. I just don't think they are any where close to that level right now. LSU and AU played nose to nose the entire game and we bearly beat them. And, we are a lot better than UAT. (Not in the AU is great and bammer sucks way, but just looking at the teams). ANybody would tell you that we are a notch above UAT right now. And, it is not like we just slaughtered them. We beat them outright, but we did not dominate them.

Purely from the football loving part of it. I do not think UAT scores a TD against LSU and LSU has a pretty easy time offensively against UAT. I think it is pretty naive to think that you have a good chance of beating them. Of course as an AU fan I would be the same way against teams like that and of course you always have a chance of beating them. Just don't expect it. Hope for it sure.

Well...I dont think Oregon State is better than Alabama ;)

Good point BamaGrad. At this point in the season no one really knows how good or how bad LSU is. Before the LSU/AU game many LSU fans were concerned about an apparent weakness against the run. We shut down a horrible Ask. St. against the run but we showed signs of weakness. Now we keep hearing from many AU fans that LSU's defense may be the best they face all season. As an LSU fan I sure hope that's the case.

Sorry BF, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but: 

1.  No chance. 

2.  I've seen wishful thinking before but this really takes the cake. 

3.  Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shouldn't you be trying to find an extra point kicker? ;)

it's not the kicker....the snap was the problem. get it right mr. bammer man. :poke:

Now we keep hearing from many AU fans that LSU's defense may be the best they face all season. As an LSU fan I sure hope that's the case.

Can't really agree with the "LSU's D is best we'll face all season" crowd at this point. We have plenty of games left on our schedule plus we don't know who we'll be in facing in Orange Bowl: SC's & OU's D look pretty good. ( :D )

Anyways, it's apparent to me that LSU's D right now is capable of completely shutting down every team in the SEC including the 'tradishun' rich crimson freakin' tide. You can say 'what about OSU?' but I believe that had to be an abberation (1st game, overconfidence from last year's MNC, etc.) I wouldn't count on LSU coming out flat at home again -- especially against an SEC foe. If BG is counting on uat's record in BR against LSU to pull them to victory, well ... all streaks come to an end sooner or later, so be prepared to witness some some statistical corrections occuring this year and in years to come.

If BG is counting on uat's record in BR against LSU to pull them to victory, well ... all streaks come to an end sooner or later, so be prepared to witness some some statistical corrections occuring this year and in years to come.

Ouch! :unsure:

Keep searching, maybe one day your delusions will come true. You take everything others say and turn it around to try and suit you best! What a joke!. :lol: I guess that's all you have now that the great BC is gone. Now you guys can't win your 84th MNC, or your second Heisman, oh wait YOU DON"T HAVE ONE OF THOSE DO YOU!! <_< You keep on believing. I bet you are one of the ones waiting on the space ship to take you to Bar' Bryant's home planet!!! :lol: Just lie back, cover yourself in one of those 1923 MNC flags, like you guys carry on the field each week, drink your kool-aid, close your eyes and sleep! :blink:

I think Bama can keep it close. Goulian (sp?) isn't a bad ball player. Bama has a solid running game and an always consistent defense. I don't think they'll win, but it won't be an ugly loss.

Archived