Question about LSU

BamaGrad03

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Another UAT Heisman hopeful gone. Let's be real. What has BC done? Who says he is a better pro prospect than JC? Was this the same group who had him on the Heisman watch list and other QB awards? Or was it the Birmingcrapem News? I am sorry a young man is hurt. However, UAT is no better off, or worse off without him. Their main problem is depth: a severe lack of it. Could they surprise someone this year? Sure. Of course I know we will soon hear how great this back-up guy is!! :roll:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well...I dont think Oregon State is better than Alabama ;)

This is getting real sad. :(

You are such a freaking homer that if bama went 11-0 you would still say they suck. Get over it man. We get it...alabama is the worst team in D-1 football. Our players suck, our coaches suck, and AU is on their way to their second title in a shade under 50 years.

For the record (since you think my OSU question was SOOOOO out of line)

You must know more than all the sportswriters and coaches.

Coaches Poll: Alabama 34th. Oregon State No votes (worse than 45th)

AP Poll: Alabama 33rd. OSU No Votes.

CBS Sportsline 117 - Alabama 36th. OSU 46th.

I know I know...the polls dont mean anything because they dont ask any 'reasonable' Auburn fans like yourself.

You are such a freaking homer that if bama went 11-0 you would still say they suck. Get over it man. We get it...alabama is the worst team in D-1 football. Our players suck, our coaches suck, and AU is on their way to their second title in a shade under 50 years.

I know I know...the polls dont mean anything because they dont ask any 'reasonable' Auburn fans like yourself.

Again, look at the competition.

OSU has played LSU, Boise St. and New Mexico.

They played LSU to the wire...no small feat.

Boise St. blew them out....high flying offense and one of the longest home win streaks in the nation.

They beat New Mexico....who gave Wash St. all they could hande.

Those three teams would pound on Bama's competition thus far. Wait until you've got some SEC play under your belt before you start telling us how great your 4-9 team is.

Polls reflect competition. I didnt say compare records. I said every sportswriter and coach in the country thinks alabama is better.

Would you say that ND lives, to a certain extent, on their reputation?

Polls reflect competition. I didnt say compare records. I said every sportswriter and coach in the country thinks alabama is better.

So you are saying that there are 45 teams better than us? (Assuming OSU doesnt live off of tradition and is ranked where they should be)

So you are saying that there are 45 teams better than us? (Assuming OSU doesnt live off of tradition and is ranked where they should be)

Quite possibly. What I'm saying is that you're putting waaaaaaay too much stock in your 3-0 record against a bunch of nobodies. The current polls have Alabama in a much loftier position than any other school would be with a 3-0 record against Utah St, Ole Miss, and W. Carolina.

Again, play somebody worth a damn and then we'll see where your program is.

Yeah, come on BS, you guys just lost your best player for the season, unfortunately, and you've yet to play somebody. How do you really have an argument about where bama is at this point? I'll be interested to see how they handle that road trip this weekend...should be pretty informative given the circumstances.

The question of BC being injured while up by 31 against a Div. 1AA team is a valid one.  It is not the same situation as Cambell being in against LA Monroe early in the second half.  BC is not Campbell; BC has proven to be injury prone, Campbell has proven to be very durable.  Personnel utilization is one facet of the game that your coach-in-training has not yet mastered.  You can't have a standard plan that fits all situations in that respect.  IF Brodie means as much to your team and is really as good as you say he is (which I seriously doubt) then he should be pulled and allowed to get his reps in practice where he can wear the pink jersey.  Face it, Shula was trying to let Brodie get his numbers up to make his daddy happy and give the fans something to crow about.  It backfired just like it did last year...... he's not learning from his mistakes. 

Somehow I knew I would get this response. In last years wins over Westen Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and UL Monroe, are you telling me that Carnell didn't play the second half of any of those games? Are you telling me that after two years of season-ending injuries, Carnell wasn't injury prone? HA!! Good try. As a matter of fact, I would say that Carnell still should be considered injury prone, and I bet you he will play at least one drive in the Second half.

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Another UAT Heisman hopeful gone. Let's be real. What has BC done? Who says he is a better pro prospect than JC? Was this the same group who had him on the Heisman watch list and other QB awards? Or was it the Birmingcrapem News? I am sorry a young man is hurt. However, UAT is no better off, or worse off without him. Their main problem is depth: a severe lack of it. Could they surprise someone this year? Sure. Of course I know we will soon hear how great this back-up guy is!! :roll:

Like I said. You waited until he was gone for the season to start with the, Brodie's done nothing, this year. Last year, there was a thread comparing Brodie to Campbell after the first game. This year, when Brodie is leading in every catergory, you say NOTHING, until you know you won't have to eat crow.

Like I said. You waited until he was gone for the season to start with the, Brodie's done nothing, this year. Last year, there was a thread comparing Brodie to Campbell after the first game. This year, when Brodie is leading in every catergory, you say NOTHING, until you know you won't have to eat crow.

Again, Bama has played no one. A trained chimp could put up amazing stats against Utah St, W. Carolina, and, to a lesser extent, Ole Miss.

Yeah, come on BS, you guys just lost your best player for the season, unfortunately, and you've yet to play somebody. How do you really have an argument about where bama is at this point? I'll be interested to see how they handle that road trip this weekend...should be pretty informative given the circumstances.

We lost a guy who you all said wasnt a good QB to begin with. So it shouldnt matter right?

I dont think this weekend is a fair judgement as to how we will fare against LSU. Guillon will have 7 starts under his belt by then.

I think USC is a better barometer.

It all boils down to this. You guys beat em by 1 point. And if you ADMIT that bama has a shot against them, you'd have to admit we have a chance against AU.

And judging from your newly surfacing arrogance...it makes it easy for you to look down your nose at UA.

How dare he suggest Bama will be decent this year!

Write it down, LSU/UA and AU/UA will be close games.

Oh, and BTW, I think BC and UAs passing game has/had looked very sharp for this early in the season.

No matter who the opponents were...

Daymeyune Craig...Graduate assistant, defensive backs...LSU

Saban thinks he's gonna be an excellent coach. Did he play for coach TIE and bowden?

Let me give you a quick tip, sonny boy. You will get nowhere fast calling one of our most beloved coaches "tie". You would be better off to simply not let the door hit you in the arse ! ! ! !

:corndog: Nature's quitters.

Pat Tie!!!

Gotta love it... go for the win, man! :lol::lol:

We lost a guy who you all said wasnt a good QB to begin with. So it shouldnt matter right?

BC was bama's best player...regardless of what we said. You know that.

I dont think this weekend is a fair judgement as to how we will fare against LSU. Guillon will have 7 starts under his belt by then.

It all boils down to this. You guys beat em by 1 point. And if you ADMIT that bama has a shot against them, you'd have to admit we have a chance against AU.

This weekend may be not be "fair" only because it will be Guillon's first start and it's on the road. But your analysis of how bama will play LSU is terribly skewed. Do you think LSU won't have their QB situation settled by mid Nov.? LSU's situation will be corrected this weekend against MSU, no doubt. One of those QB's will standout this weekend and they will settle on him (my guess is that Russell will start and they won't look back). You could tell from the AU/LSU game that LSU is in dire need of consistency in the passing game. If they had ANY consistency in that area they would've beaten us last Saturday. If the game was postponed to Nov., I don't know that Auburn would've won. Sure, Guillon will probably be more experienced by then too but LSU has far more depth AND talent than bama and I'm afraid the game won't even be close. The game is also in Baton Rouge and bama has a lot of underclassman that haven't yet experienced the circus that is LSU.

And judging from your newly surfacing arrogance...it makes it easy for you to look down your nose at UA.

Sorry for being high on our team right now...we did just beat the national champs in a heart stopping game. But what does that have to do with Brodie getting hurt for the year? Bama just took a big hit to their offense. That's an unrelated fact, not arrogance.

The LSU/UA game will not be close, the Iron Bowl will probably be a lot closer.

Saban thinks he's gonna be an excellent coach. Did he play for coach TIE and bowden?

Let me give you a quick tip, sonny boy. You will get nowhere fast calling one of our most beloved coaches "tie". You would be better off to simply not let the door hit you in the arse ! ! ! !

Pat Tie!!!

And then there is that GENIIUS, curley-larry-moe Hallman ! ! !

"Throw it over the middle ! ! !"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:B):P

Pat Tie!!!

I have absolutely no problem, what-so-ever, with anyone, at anytime, making fun of Curley Hallman...or Dinardo for that matter.

BC was bama's best player...regardless of what we said. You know that.

This weekend may be not be "fair" only because it will be Guillon's first start and it's on the road. But your analysis of how bama will play LSU is terribly skewed. Do you think LSU won't have their QB situation settled by mid Nov.? LSU's situation will be corrected this weekend against MSU, no doubt. One of those QB's will standout this weekend and they will settle on him (my guess is that Russell will start and they won't look back). You could tell from the AU/LSU game that LSU is in dire need of consistency in the passing game. If they had ANY consistency in that area they would've beaten us last Saturday. If the game was postponed to Nov., I don't know that Auburn would've won. Sure, Guillon will probably be more experienced by then too but LSU has far more depth AND talent than bama and I'm afraid the game won't even be close. The game is also in Baton Rouge and bama has a lot of underclassman that haven't yet experienced the circus that is LSU.

Sorry for being high on our team right now...we did just beat the national champs in a heart stopping game. But what does that have to do with Brodie getting hurt for the year? Bama just took a big hit to their offense. That's an unrelated fact, not arrogance.

The LSU/UA game will not be close, the Iron Bowl will probably be a lot closer.

My assesment of LSU/UA game is based on the assumption that Guillon will progress similar to Randall or Russell....

LSU's passing game SUUUUCKS. Bama's is unknown. So that's a draw.

Looking at the rest of the two teams aside from that factor...i think we can give them a game.

LSU's passing game SUUUUCKS.

How do you figure?

If you would have said Randall SUUUUCKS, I would agree, but with Russell at the helm... watch out.

Stat, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Dwayne Bowe leads the SEC in recieving. Maybe it's recieving TD's.

Pat Tie!!!

Gotta love it... go for the win, man!  :lol:   :lol:

I have absolutely no problem, what-so-ever, with anyone, at anytime, making fun of Curley Hallman...or Dinardo for that matter.

Ditto.

Somehow I knew I would get this response. In last years wins over Westen Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and UL Monroe, are you telling me that Carnell didn't play the second half of any of those games? Are you telling me that after two years of season-ending injuries, Carnell wasn't injury prone? HA!! Good try. As a matter of fact, I would say that Carnell still should be considered injury prone, and I bet you he will play at least one drive in the Second half.

Pretty much, yes. CW didn't play in the 2nd half of those games you listed, except maybe the Vandy game, I think. If he played at all ... maybe a series or two. His stats were:

Vanderbilt 19-69, 1 TD (B. Jacobs/T. Smith split time in 2nd half.)

W. Kentucky 8-71, 1 TD (B. Jacobs leading rusher with 103 yds.)

La-Monroe 7-113, 2 TDs (B. Jacobs/T. Smith split time in 2nd half.)

What's remarkable about CW's 1307 yard season was that in 13 games, CW didn't get at least 100 yards in 7 of those games. That's over half the season. And in 3 of those 7 games, CW didn't even get 50 yards. He made the bulk of his yardage against 4 teams: UT (185), Arky (150), MSU (164) and uat (204.)

CTT could have very easily have padded CW's stats by playing him the entire game during the Vandy, W. KY, LaMO games. But he is a smart enough coach to know he might need CW later on in the season and it would be best not to risk getting his star player hurt in a meaningless blowout game. That's something HC Shulla is going to have to learn how to do here in the SEC. Two years running now this has happened. As a bammie fan, what do you make of that? Is Shulla just a slow learner or what? :lol:

If you played the game, OSU wins.

Archived