Question about LSU

BamaGrad03

But after watching UGA play Marshall...uh....maybe we should be talking about how bama stacks up against UGA?

That's a burn!!

Mentioning either the 20 point win over 1-AA Georgia Southern, or giving up 28 to 1-AA Georgia Southern would have been accepted as well.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are all giving our OPINIONS here. Mine counts just as much as yours. Go ahead, state what you think. Look at the "Touchdown Auburn" prediction thread. You will see that the VAST majority do not think uat has what it takes to beat Arkansas.

Oh, WAR EAGLE ! !  :au:

I am well aware these are OPINIONS. I was just saying that they do have a chance and anything can happen in college football. Saying there is no way Bama can win is ridiculous and if you really believe this then you don't know squat about football. I am also well aware that many Auburn fans think Bama will lose to Arkansas. Hatred of ones rival can make one blind too. You should know this. Roll Tide anyway.

Ummmm...i dont know why you get all offended when I suggest bama can compete with some other teams in the sec..

But after watching UGA play Marshall...uh....maybe we should be talking about how bama stacks up against UGA?

All I did was ask a question. "Does bama have a shot against LSU"

And if you remember I said SUNDAY after the Brodie injury that we still win 7. I think 7-8 is feasible. After seeing 2 of LSU's games, I think we can hang with them also.

And yes i was talking about WT.

Please do. USC fans said they would run all over us because of the Southern game and look what happened. If people want to say we are over-rated and such...be my guest. Only helps us as we are not looked upon as being a huge favorite, which is quite helpful.

And I said UGA would lose 2 games this year before the season began and I still believe it. UF and possibly AU now....

On a side note, I would take Marshall anyday over Alabama and I mean that.

p.s.s. I am finding myself on the same side as slink far too often. Slink, you may want to rethink this one. :D

Alabama rules and owns the SEC. Why we would even think otherwise if flat out ridiculous.

Ummmm...i dont know why you get all offended when I suggest bama can compete with some other teams in the sec..

And if you remember I said SUNDAY after the Brodie injury that we still win 7. I think 7-8 is feasible. After seeing 2 of LSU's games, I think we can hang with them also.

Please do. USC fans said they would run all over us because of the Southern game and look what happened. If people want to say we are over-rated and such...be my guest. Only helps us as we are not looked upon as being a huge favorite, which is quite helpful.

And I said UGA would lose 2 games this year before the season began and I still believe it. UF and possibly AU now....

SO THAT MEANS THAT TROY STATE IS BETTER THAN ALABAMA?

:o:o:o:o:D:D:D

Since both teams are being discussed, I'll say again that the most important part of LSU and UGA is the defense. Neither has an offense clicking on all cylinders to say the least, but both have top-flight defenses that will keep them in games until the O works out the kinks. (See Alabama 1992) If neither team gets it's act together on the offensive side of the ball, most SEC teams will hang with them. If they do, it'll take a pretty damn good team to beat em'.

JMHO

We are all giving our OPINIONS here. Mine counts just as much as yours. Go ahead, state what you think. Look at the "Touchdown Auburn" prediction thread. You will see that the VAST majority do not think uat has what it takes to beat Arkansas.

I am well aware these are OPINIONS. I was just saying that they do have a chance and anything can happen in college football. Saying there is no way Bama can win is ridiculous and if you really believe this then you don't know squat about football. I am also well aware that many Auburn fans think Bama will lose to Arkansas. Hatred of ones rival can make one blind too. You should know this. Roll Tide anyway.

:lol::lol: Here we go again. THIS is an AUBURN board. YOU are a guest. IF you want to speak with the koolaid drinkin uat bunch, you will not find them here.

uat will be lucky to win 7 games. THAT is what the vast majority of Football fans assume. (Some :rolleyes: are not THAT generous.)

Whatever floats your boat. Just a warning, if you spend that amount of time with your head in the sand, more of it will sink into your skull. :lol::lol::lol:

No flame for our LSU brethren on the board, but until they get their QB issues worked out, they're not gonna roll anyone short of Arky State. The defense is awesome and will keep it tight against any team in the country, bar none. The offense is immensely talented but they have to:

1. Settle on a QB(Russell) and let him run the team for a few weeks.

2. Tell Broussard he's the man and give him the ball 20-25 times a game.

3. Develop their young and very talented wide receiver corp giving them the opportunity to get on the same page as Russell.

Just my Monday morning, armchair QB analysis. I think if they do this, they'll be scary by the time Bama rolls around, but until then I think most of their games against good ball clubs will be tight.

I absolutely could not agree more.

Youth kills: us now, everybody else later. ;)

No. I think Alabama would beat Troy St.

That would be a fun game to watch. It would be a toss up, except Troy would have the edge in coaching. ;)

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Another UAT Heisman hopeful gone. Let's be real. What has BC done? Who says he is a better pro prospect than JC? Was this the same group who had him on the Heisman watch list and other QB awards? Or was it the Birmingcrapem News? I am sorry a young man is hurt. However, UAT is no better off, or worse off without him. Their main problem is depth: a severe lack of it. Could they surprise someone this year? Sure. Of course I know we will soon hear how great this back-up guy is!! :roll:

Like I said. You waited until he was gone for the season to start with the, Brodie's done nothing, this year. Last year, there was a thread comparing Brodie to Campbell after the first game. This year, when Brodie is leading in every catergory, you say NOTHING, until you know you won't have to eat crow.

Well, I guess we could always go back to his Heisman winnng season of last year and look at those films! Oh wait! He didn't win the Heisman last year did he?! He barely won anything! But, that's all we have to go on. Maybe UAT will win the rest, maybe they will win the MNC. We will see. Chances are, at this point, having played NOBODY, they are just an average team, who is getting props for playing in the SEC.

I'm with ya' Jaydubb for the reasons laid out in my post above. Until LSU gets some issues worked out, I don't think they're gonna run away and hide from anyone. If they do start clicking, look out. That's a very talented bunch.

LSWho has a very good team. Let's face it. Even with all the grief we have given them after Saturday, they are still a good team and will/should win a lot of games.

Is this one of the fallen corndogs, reborn? <_<

Is this one of the fallen corndogs, reborn? <_<

To quote Fred Sanford: "You ain't gotta' be LAME in the legs. You can be LAME somewhere else!"

Gotta' love those uat brand, and registered, ..... :corndog:s.

:lol:;)

If you want to compare them, look at last year's game. Regardless of the stats (And I don't know what they were) Campbell's team beat Crodie's team. au2.gif

This one is my absolute favorite! We beat you guys in 2001 with Ahmaad Galloway and Santonio Beard at tailback. I guess they are better than Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams...just look at the stats!

Let's not get into a QB comparison. The bottom line is that while BC is widely considered a better pro prospect (not to say that JC doesn't have a chance at making a pro roster), JC is unarguably more accomplished on the gridiron at this point, especially in the only stat that really matters in college, W's.

Another UAT Heisman hopeful gone. Let's be real. What has BC done? Who says he is a better pro prospect than JC? Was this the same group who had him on the Heisman watch list and other QB awards? Or was it the Birmingcrapem News? I am sorry a young man is hurt. However, UAT is no better off, or worse off without him. Their main problem is depth: a severe lack of it. Could they surprise someone this year? Sure. Of course I know we will soon hear how great this back-up guy is!! :roll:

Like I said. You waited until he was gone for the season to start with the, Brodie's done nothing, this year. Last year, there was a thread comparing Brodie to Campbell after the first game. This year, when Brodie is leading in every catergory, you say NOTHING, until you know you won't have to eat crow.

Well, I guess we could always go back to his Heisman winnng season of last year and look at those films! Oh wait! He didn't win the Heisman last year did he?! He barely won anything! But, that's all we have to go on. Maybe UAT will win the rest, maybe they will win the MNC. We will see. Chances are, at this point, having played NOBODY, they are just an average team, who is getting props for playing in the SEC.

Well I must admit, I was expecting a more thought out response. We are not talking about last years stats, we were talking about this year. You say Brodie put up those numbers against two weak teams? In case you missed AU's first two games, they played some weak competition. Brodie had better numbers. We will never know what Brodie's numbers would have looked like this season, and I'm not claiming he would have won the heisman. All I'm saying is that last year, when JC was beating BC in passing numbers, there was a thread about after the first game. This year, when it's the exact opposite, nothing can be heard about Brodie out-performing JC. Then, after you know you won't have to eat crow this year, you start with the "Brodie's done nothing" again. Nice timing, I might add.

This arguement is tired, and it's obvious with your "what did brodie do last year" argument, you are just going through the "hate everything bama" motions. I hope your Auburn Tigers have a great year.

Well I must admit, I was expecting a more thought out response.

Were you really? :huh:

Archived