Looking Ahead at our Schedule

TigerinBham

I know that you take it just one game at a time and there is alot of season to be played. There is always the chance of having a big injury like Brodie (which I Hate for him). But, if we can somehow make it through Knoxville where Auburn has traditionally not played well, then we have an excellent shot at being 9-0 when Georgia comes to the Plains in November. We will get Arkansas, La. Tech, and kentucky at Home and travel to Oxford. With the big win yesterday, how exciting can this season get? What we have is a hard-nosed group of tough kids who seem to work together. We need to show up this Saturday even though it is The Citadel, and support them. War Eagle! :au:

Excellent post Dothan. I forgot to tell you that I saw you on TV during the Miss. St. game. Now email me your new telephone #. You can use this forum to email. Maybe click on my name and follow directions.

I have a great feeling about this season.. I really hope we can get by Tenn.. I think they are playing very well and this game along with the uga game will set the rest of our season...

Where do you think we will be in bcs or in the other polls if we finish 11-0...

I have a great feeling about this season.. I really hope we can get by Tenn.. I think they are playing very well and this game along with the uga game will set the rest of our season...

Where do you think we will be in bcs or in the other polls if we finish 11-0...

If Auburn is 11-0 and NOT in the National Title game I will renounce my love of College Football.

The SEC if flat out brutal this year, with UF, UGA, LSU, Auburn, and UT all legit top 15 teams. For Auburn to survive that unscathed, they will without question surpass OU and USC for #1. If not I will quit watching football and watch ping pong...

I agree TexTiger! :D

Thanks for your post!

Here is how I breakdown the season and remaining games:

Sept. 04 LOUISIANA-MONROE W 31-0

-It was a win and nobody got hurt.

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State W 43-14

-Not impressive at all after MSU lost to Maine.

Sept. 18 LSU W 10-9

- Auburn leads chase for west.

- How good is LSU or Auburn?

- Neither team knows until they play others.

- I think both teams are really good w/ LSU behind on offense at this point in the year.

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL - WIN

- Blow out as starters rest up for UT.

- Concern is nobody gets hurt.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee - TOSS UP

- Will our offense be improved enough to outscore UT?

- A win and we are launched into the NC hunt

- A loss and the letdown will be big in AU land.

- Either way AU remains team to beat in the West and SECC are alive.

Oct. 9 LOUISIANA TECH - WIN

- Our D will shut down on of the nations leading rushers.

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS - WIN

- Will they spoil our season again?

- With a loss, does Richardson get on plane to visit coaches to "evaluate how to make Auburn better"?

- I don't think Auburn overlooks them this year.

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY - WIN

- Where did their offense come from against Indy?

- Auburn should handle them with the offense highly developed at this point.

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss - WIN

- If they don't start playing better, Cuttcliff may need to pack his bags.

- This is their second biggest game after LSU, will we overlook them?

Nov. 13 GEORGIA - TOSS UP

- What is up with the offense? - Somethings broke now, but it will be fixed by AU.

- How great is this defense? - Perhaps the best in the SEC.

- Can Auburn overcome the ghost of David Green past and pull it off?

Nov. 20 at Alabama - TOSS UP

- Can anyone replace Croyle?

- If Auburn is undefeated going into this game the pressure will be higher than normal if you can believe it.

- I expect UAT to struggle w/o Croyle. They may limb into the game with a bad record. This game is their season. Their fans will want it desperately (ala AU in 1989). IT may be the hardest game to win for Auburn this season.

Finish the year with 1 to 3 losses. I expect to lose to either UT or UGA and beat Bama. IF we win them all, then we will face UT, UGA, or UF in the SECC.

To win the SECC we will have to out coach the other team. My heart says we will win our first SECC under CTT.

IF undefeated we will NOT get the BCS NC game. I look for us to play an undefeated West Virginia team in the BCS game as they get slighted also by undefeated USC and UO.

Auburn can finish undefeated and we will be ranked 3rd behind the BCS champs and runner ups.

I think that if we go undefeated we will play for the NC. The voters are more a part of the BCS and they will take strength of schedule as part of their vote. With playing LSU, UT, UGA (all of which could be top 10 when we play them), and then another good team in the SECC, I don't know how we wouldn't play for it. USC and OU don't have the toughest schedules in the world, and if we do go to the SECC, that would make ours a lot tougher.

i'll bet a dollar that NEITHER usc OR oklahoma finish the year unbeaten. cal is gonna be sc again. i picked 'em last year, and i'm pickin 'em this year. and ou is no better than they were last season. i'm tired of hearing how they have the best defense in the nation when in reality the big 12 has looked weak at best against other conferences. somebody will beat ou.

oh and i don't think we're going undefeated either, but i'll be there for every single game whether we win 'em all or lose 'em.

First, I want to say I agree with mcqu. I don't think USC will run the table this year. They pulled away late in the BYU game, but that is a game they could've lost. I think Texas is finally going to get over the OU hump this year.

As for Auburn, we could still get into the BCS championship with one loss (USC, OU and LSU all had one loss last year).

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL - WIN

Definite win here. We'll pull our starters early and rest them up for the big test at Knoxville.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee - Push

The defense is going to have to come to play. UT's offense is no joke this year. Schaffer scares me after watching how Randall ran all over us. Ainge is going to be another in the line of great UT QBs. This one could go either way. We'll have to establish the run early and milk the clock to come out of this one untouched. Florida was able to run on UT, we shouldn't have a problem either.

Oct. 9 LOUISIANA TECH - WIN

Again, shouldn't be much of a problem. Tech has a decent offense, they always do, but we shouldn't have a problem.

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS - WIN

Arkansas is too one-dimensional to beat us this year. Matt Jones is good, but he can't take us down.

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY - WIN

No contest. Kentucky is horrible!

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss - WIN

Another weak SEC school, we shouldn't have an issue here either.

Nov. 13 GEORGIA - WIN

UGA is over-rated. They haven't been able to pull away from the decent teams they've played this year. They'll be a tough match as late in the season as we play them.

Nov. 20 at Alabama - WIN

This is going to be a tough game, it always is. Without Brodie Croyle Alabama's offense will suffer. Darby and Hudson will not be able to run all over Auburn as they have several teams through the season. It'll be a close, hard-fought, low scoring victory for Auburn.

UGA is over-rated. They haven't been able to pull away from the decent teams they've played this year.

When have we ever the last 3 years? Winning is winning. Thats all that matters to me.

I think that if we go undefeated we will play for the NC. The voters are more a part of the BCS and they will take strength of schedule as part of their vote. With playing LSU, UT, UGA (all of which could be top 10 when we play them), and then another good team in the SECC, I don't know how we wouldn't play for it. USC and OU don't have the toughest schedules in the world, and if we do go to the SECC, that would make ours a lot tougher.

THE SEC is tougher...but it doesn't matter!!!! If OU and USC finish undefeated, a 20-0 AU team would NOT be in the NC game!

First, I want to say I agree with mcqu. I don't think USC will run the table this year. They pulled away late in the BYU game, but that is a game they could've lost. I think Texas is finally going to get over the OU hump this year.

As for Auburn, we could still get into the BCS championship with one loss (USC, OU and LSU all had one loss last year).

if we get to the national championship w/ one loss, the loss would have to be to tennessee. a loss late in the season will have a much larger impact on the polls than a loss early in the year(i.e. 2003 bsc fiasco).

Guys, we just beat lsWHO. They had a very good year LAST year, but, after all, they are lsWHO. :D Let's play 'em all nad see where we stack up.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Archived