Updated @ 8:55 pm: Countdown to National Signing Day - February 1st

AUSportTalk

**Below you will find the percentages that the following prospects sign with Auburn. I will be updating this throughout the day and night as I receive information that might change my percentage.**

RB Brent Calloway - 60%

DT Gabe Wright - 60%

S Erique Florence - 99%

OL Antonio Richardson - 30%

OL Cyrus Kouandjio - 55%

OL La'El Collins - 40%

DT LaMichael Fanning - 50% *I am hearing he will be a sign and place if they take him.

DB Jermaine Whitehead - 80%

**I believe AU lands at least one of the OL above**

A lot of things can change in the next 20-24 hours so please be patient. I will continue to update these percentages.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST, After everything pans out on NSD, would you be willing to explain why you and another Mod on another site have given Auburn a realistic chance of getting Collins for a while?...I am just very curious about that.

Thank You ST.  Now I am going to walk around work and tell people  "My sources tell me........"   Some people I work with think I know a lot about recruiting.  

ST, After everything pans out on NSD, would you be willing to explain why you and another Mod on another site have given Auburn a realistic chance of getting Collins for a while?...I am just very curious about that.

Just hearing from a source that we have a good shot. It's not anything I am hearing from Collins. I know the coaches have been recruiting him very hard for the last couple months and they believe they have a pretty good shot. It takes a lot to get a recruit out of their home state. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Yes i was wondering the same thing. No one in the nation seems to think we are gonna get either CK or La el...why do we? I know you(ST) are well informed and cant reveal your sources or atleast some of the information you get from your sources, but it looks to those of us not in the know at all like we have wishful thinking.

Not trying to be doubtful, but i am extremely curious.

War Eagle! keep up the good work. one more day!

How many guys do you see us taking?

ST,

Thanks for the update and for all your time and effort with this recruiting class. Your comments and those of the other Mods on AE have provided some of the only sanity in this crazy game of recruiting.

My clocks must all be broken, time is moving so slowly; it doesn't seem like tomorrow will ever get here.

Thanks to our coaching staff for all the hard work, it is really paying off big time.

War Eagle and welcome to The Plains to the class of 2011!

I'm not sure. The coaches know a lot more about the numbers game than I do. They know about grade concerns and they also know how many recruits are willing to grayshirt. The most they can sign is 28 so I guess we will see.

Do you have Richardson at a lower percentage because we wouldn't get him if we get one of the other OL or because he is just less interested in Auburn?

I'm not sure. The coaches know a lot more about the numbers game than I do. They know about grade concerns and they also know how many recruits are willing to grayshirt. The most they can sign is 28 so I guess we will see.

Will the coaches ever tell you or other media outlets what the NCAA decides on the Shon Coleman petition when they here from the NCAA?

Get ready for the accusations from the dark side to start tomorrow if either Collins or Cyrus commit to us.  LSU and/or UAT will be in complete meltdown mode and won't know how to handle the kick in the face.  I actually feel pretty confident about Cyrus because of his focus on education and majoring in Architecture.  He doesn't want to compete against his brother (r fr) and UAT also has a ton of OT's--McCullough (SR), Love (JR), Douglass (JR), Fluker (SO), Moore (SO), Williams (SO), Shepherd (R FR).  That's alot of competition.

Last year Cody Parkey was the first to send in his fax.  This year I predict it will be Kiehl......since Mr. Beech already said he would fax it in at 7:01.   :thumbsup:

ST and the other mods (except the one I'm mad at) thanks for everything during this recruiting season....helping to maintain sanity when 17/18 year old kids drive us crazy.

Do you have Richardson at a lower percentage because we wouldn't get him if we get one of the other OL or because he is just less interested in Auburn?

A little of both.

I know that Cyrus is announcing around 11am CST, what about La'El and Richardson? Are they later?

Cyrus is at 8 in the morning?

Now being reported that he will pick between AU/bama at 11 CST with teammates

EDIT: just saw that you already found out -- but I'll leave this up in case anyone else comes in with the same question

I know that Cyrus is announcing around 11am CST, what about La'El and Richardson?  Are they later?

He was scheduled at 8, but has decided to announce the same time as his teammate closer to 11

I know that Cyrus is announcing around 11am CST, what about La'El and Richardson?  Are they later?

Collins is at 1pm and I'm not sure with Richardson

He was scheduled at 8, but has decided to announce the same time as his teammate closer to 11

Who's his teammate?

so far we have : 5 linebackers, 4 defensive backs, 4 offensive linemen, 3 defensive linemen, 2 running backs, 2 tight ends, 2 wide receivers and 1 quarterback (counting BC as a rb, and not counting Shon) that gives us 23.

So it appears we are going to get E. Florence - db, and G. Wright - dl, making 25.

That should have us set at the following positions: linebacker, db, tight end, quarterback, and wr.  

So that leaves us room to take 2-3 more guys (depending on what happens with the waiver for Shon) from the following positions: OL, DL, rb.  From ST's list we can know who we want at the OL position and DL position.  

Just by looking at our roster and our commits (and no inside sources) I wouldn't be too surprised to see us end up adding another rb at the end.  

Archived