Updated @ 8:55 pm: Countdown to National Signing Day - February 1st

AUSportTalk

I know that Cyrus is announcing around 11am CST, what about La'El and Richardson?  Are they later?

Cyrus is at 8 in the morning?

He was scheduled at 8, but has decided to announce the same time as his teammate closer to 11

Who's his teammate?

Darion Cooper down to 2 schools.... Iowa & Mich St

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Cyrus is announcing around 11am CST, what about La'El and Richardson?  Are they later?

Collins is at 1pm and I'm not sure with Richardson

I am surprised Collins is doing a public ceremony. I would think if he was picking Auburn he would send his fax in quietly. JMO.

Cyrus is at 8 in the morning?

He was scheduled at 8, but has decided to announce the same time as his teammate closer to 11

Who's his teammate?

Darion Cooper down to 2 schools.... Iowa & Mich St

Gotcha. So it'll be like GW and Crowell...2 different schools for the commits.

Get ready for the accusations from the dark side to start tomorrow if either Collins or Cyrus commit to us.  LSU and/or UAT will be in complete meltdown mode and won't know how to handle the kick in the face.  I actually feel pretty confident about Cyrus because of his focus on education and majoring in Architecture.  He doesn't want to compete against his brother (r fr) and UAT also has a ton of OT's--McCullough (SR), Love (JR), Douglass (JR), Fluker (SO), Moore (SO), Williams (SO), Shepherd (R FR).  That's alot of competition.

Last year Cody Parkey was the first to send in his fax.  This year I predict it will be Kiehl......since Mr. Beech already said he would fax it in at 7:01.   :thumbsup:

ST and the other mods (except the one I'm mad at) thanks for everything during this recruiting season....helping to maintain sanity when 17/18 year old kids drive us crazy.

I am pretty sure it is 7 local time. The players in the East time cone will have an hour advantage on him.

Collins is at 1pm and I'm not sure with Richardson

I am surprised Collins is doing a public ceremony. I would think if he was picking Auburn he would send his fax in quietly. JMO.

It's going to be pretty big news if he sends it to Auburn anyway, so he may as well have a ceremony.  Not like he could just go about his business and show up on the Plains a few months later before anyone notices.

Get ready for the accusations from the dark side to start tomorrow if either Collins or Cyrus commit to us.  LSU and/or UAT will be in complete meltdown mode and won't know how to handle the kick in the face.  I actually feel pretty confident about Cyrus because of his focus on education and majoring in Architecture.  He doesn't want to compete against his brother (r fr) and UAT also has a ton of OT's--McCullough (SR), Love (JR), Douglass (JR), Fluker (SO), Moore (SO), Williams (SO), Shepherd (R FR).  That's alot of competition.

Last year Cody Parkey was the first to send in his fax.  This year I predict it will be Kiehl......since Mr. Beech already said he would fax it in at 7:01.   :thumbsup:

ST and the other mods (except the one I'm mad at) thanks for everything during this recruiting season....helping to maintain sanity when 17/18 year old kids drive us crazy.

I am pretty sure it is 7 local time. The players in the East time cone will have an hour advantage on him.

OK.  I think I'll go with Kris Frost being first....

ST, any shot at Clowney? Rumors were that he was visiting.

I think that rumor was started by someone who said that with no actual info. I don't think Clowney is interested, he's gonna go to South Carolina anyways

Maybe instead of the suggestion of a contest to determine who ends up signing with Auburn, we could just have one predicting the order the LOIs come in.

First time poster, been lurking for a while though.

Do we have a consolidated list of names and announcment times (and maybe whether they're televised or not)??

I'm sure many of them are listed in individual threads, but I thought it'd be nice to have one list... not sure if that warrants a new thread or not.

Thanks, War Eagle, and Merry NSD Eve.

First time poster, been lurking for a while though.

Do we have a consolidated list of names and announcment times (and maybe whether they're televised or not)??

I'm sure many of them are listed in individual threads, but I thought it'd be nice to have one list... not sure if that warrants a new thread or not.

Thanks, War Eagle, and Merry NSD Eve.

4 posts below this..

I'm excited to see what might happen with the OL situation if Cyrus chooses Alabama. You never know what these coaches can do to snag Collins out of LA. That would be crazy!

Collins was man-handling Clowney at the All-Star game before he went out with the ankle injury.  I remember him being extremely positive after his visit.  Collins would be dealing with the same thing Callaway or Trovon Reed did last year if he committed sooner.  :thumbsup:  I also think that Cyrus, being from Maryland, could find it fun to be a rival of his brother and to have that life long jarring going on with the big bro'.  :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

ST, I just want to send out a sincere 'Thank You' from myself and all the AU fans that spend so much time receiving such great info from AE. You do  great job and it is very much appreciated.  WDE!!!!

:we: :we: :we:

Just imagine if we finish out with-

Collins

Kouandjio

Florence

Whitehead...

Im thinking repeat

No Gabe Wright?

I will be floored if we get CK or Collins. Either of those would be the shocker of the year nationally in recruiting. I will be happy if we get Florence, Wright, and Whitehead.

I just think it's amazing we're having the Kouandijo/Collins conversation.  Not because I lack pride in Auburn, just that these are two guys who would have been untouchable in previous eras.  #2 guys in the country, from another part region, whose brother plays for Bama, and a guy who's been actively recruiting for LSU.

I would have been less surprised by Crowell -- he's in our sphere of influence.  I'm actually disappointed about Drew.  But CK and Collins, just the fact that we're having this conversation says everything to me.

Archived