What's up with tailgaters on Wire road?

AUEng84

and I'm sure it was not as bad as BR from what I've heard, but I sure was embarrased by the AU tailgaters along Wire Road.

Anyone know the story on this group. (If you were there, you know what I am talking about without me displaying dirty laundry here)

good question although if i remember correctly last year trash was an issue out there and probably even worse since tailgaters have been pushed farther out....

and I'm sure it was not as bad as BR from what I've heard, but I sure was embarrased by the AU tailgaters along Wire Road.

Anyone know the story on this group. (If you were there, you know what I am talking about without me displaying dirty laundry here)

No guys I think he is stating the bad sportmanship from alot of people on wire road. I noticed myself that alot of lsu fans walking back to their cars got alot of trash from alot of auburn fans....sometimes they went WAAAY to far. I saw a family of lsu fans walk down a sidewalk, and they couldnt dodge one auburn fan screaming in their ear about the game, and all they wanted to do was get to their car. It was pretty rough and I have to say, I was very ashamed.

I am a student that tailgates along Wire Road and personally witnessed some of hte things that happened on Saturday and all I have to say was I was absoluely mortified!! This is my university and I do not appreciate others giving it a bad name. I stopped one guy that was yelling at a woman who happened to be an LSU fan that wanted to know where the bathroom was and explained how horrible he was making himself, Auburn fans, and the University look. He told me that I couldn't say anything until I went to Baton Rouge. I asked him if those same people were the ones that threw pee on him there and he said no and I told him then there was no reason to cuss them out, push them, and then chase them all t he way to the bathroom. I am sure he did not get the point, but he was a little bit better the rest of the day. My group of friends and I tried our best to reassure LSU fans as they went to the game and came back that all Auburn fans were not this way. I know I will never add my two sense to how other fans treat us after this horrible showing this weekend.

Once again, I am completely mortified and please do not take it as everyone, the students, on Wire Road do this because I guarantee you I will never forget the faces of the five-six boys that were doing this Saturday. Hopefully, one day they will grow up and become real Auburn fans like the rest of us strive to be.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. I went to BR last year. I will never make that trip again! Rude would be a compliment to their fans.

And thats the exact thinking of a baton rouge fan my friend.....the exact thinking....Do you not see it? The fact that you want some type of "revenge"?? Just be a good fan and have some class, and everyone will have a very good time, thats all it takes buddy.

Archived