****OFFICIAL NSD THREAD****

PokerJokerAU

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Who??????????

For those who couldn't watch it.  ^^This is what the back of his AU cap said "NICK WHO?"  He was saying that he is going to make people forget Nick Fairley.

Kristen Kenney saying to hold off on Cyrus for now.  She says he didn't even know who he was going to pick until he just started talking on tv.  He still has some doubts about Auburn.  Auburn does not have his LOI right now.

UPDATE FROM SCOUT:

"BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day."

WE need to get someone in this kid's ear to not listen to those around him and go with his heart!

This is starting to piss me off.. let him make his own decision!!! He is the one attending the college. If we get screwed again because people tell our recruit to go somewhere else im gonna be heated...

Something needs to be done about Andrew Bone and his constant pressuring of kids to go to uat. He has been accused of this  before and Gabe Wright accused him of it today.

This is starting to piss me off.. let him make his own decision!!! He is the one attending the college. If we get screwed again because people tell our recruit to go somewhere else im gonna be heated...

For real. The whole Brent Calloway situation got me pretty pissed. But if it happens again, which I don't think it will (thought the same thing about Brent), I'd be sooooooooooo mad.

I'm getting different stories on whether Gabe Wright has signed yet, can anyone confirm?

Ledger Enquirer had a live feed of his commitment and I definitely saw him signing it.  Don't know if it's been received by the coaches yet.

Kristen Kenney saying to hold off on Cyrus for now.  She says he didn't even know who he was going to pick until he just started talking on tv.  He still has some doubts about Auburn.  Auburn does not have his LOI right now.

UPDATE FROM SCOUT:

"BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day."

WE need to get someone in this kid's ear to not listen to those around him and go with his heart!

There have been twitter reports today that bama beat writers and bama media have been trying to sway prospects before they commit.  This tends to follow that rumor.

This is my first time actually following recruiting, I don't think I'm going to do it again. Too much drama, to many flip flops. If we lose CK I'm going to jump out of the window. I know, it's a great class, but it's like being given a million dollars but then you have to give half of it back. Half a million is certainly a lot and I'd be happy to have it, but knowing you should have had a full million takes away from what you got. IDK, maybe I'm just greedy.

I think that anyone who watched the CK announcement could see that everyone in the room was shock.  Even CK had a stranger look on his face.  The kid is really confused. I know that where ever he goes if his heart isn't it he will not succeed.

This is my first time actually following recruiting, I don't think I'm going to do it again. Too much drama, to many flip flops. If we lose CK I'm going to jump out of the window. I know, it's a great class, but it's like being given a million dollars but then you have to give half of it back. Half a million is certainly a lot and I'd be happy to have it, but knowing you should have had a full million takes away from what you got. IDK, maybe I'm just greedy.

I've never seen this many flops.  And Auburn is guilty here, too (BC, Westerman).

I think that anyone who watched the CK announcement could see that everyone in the room was shock.  Even CK had a stranger look on his face.  The kid is really confused. I know that where ever he goes if his heart isn't it he will not succeed.

Same with BC.  You've got to want something in life to be able to get it.  Otherwise, you just don't appreciate it.

UPDATE FROM SCOUT:

There have been twitter reports today that bama beat writers and bama media have been trying to sway prospects before they commit.  This tends to follow that rumor.

Typical........... :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama:

I'm getting different stories on whether Gabe Wright has signed yet, can anyone confirm?

Ledger Enquirer had a live feed of his commitment and I definitely saw him signing it.  Don't know if it's been received by the coaches yet.

Yeah, AL.com reported he signed too, but I haven't seen it made "official" anywhere. This is nerve-racking, waiting on the last 2 pieces of the greatest AU class since the dawn of recruiting services. Whatever happens now, though, Gene Chizik is the best recruiter, CEO and motivator I have ever seen. Just want to take this moment to thank our fearless leader for what he has done and continues to do for the Auburn Family. Who was that guy from Buffalo we were supposed to hire because he was more qualified to lead us to glory, hence making us racists for thinking Chizik could possibly make us competitive?  Oh yeah, Turner Gill, what's he doing now? Any National or Conference championships? top 3 recruiting classes? Heisman or Lombardi winners?

Early this morning it was expected that we would sign 26 players today.  If CK comes through that will be 25, who is the last player or are we done?

^^^^

REPOST from another thread - I just wanted it here too.  Get over it.

Calm down.  I am sure there is a reasonable reason that it is taking so long.  I firmly believe that he will honor what he said and we will shortly have his LOI.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

Very, very calmly I can tell you that I don't think the coaching staff, current players and new signees, and the entire Auburn Family need to jump thru hoops to sign one player.  I felt the same way when Crowell pulled his disrespectful antics a few weeks back.  I'd love to have this guy and believe he can be an immediate impact to our team, but I'd also like to have a good, solid 3+-4* who would give anything to play for Auburn.  JMO :wareagle:

Folks, listen to salty.  I've been told, in the Auburn locker room, before the games, sat a young man who would escalate his passions and emotions and carry them onto the field, where he dominated.  His name was Mr. Nick Fairley.  And I'm pretty sure he wasn't there, in that locker room, moping that he's not a 5 star.  However, after getting jerked around a few times by life, it came his moment of payback.  Our coaches, our team, our family built that opportunity for him.  Whoever wants that shot, step right up.  We're ready.  Leave your stars at the door. Be All In.  I am.  War Eagle.

Archived