Congrats on the big win!

LSUfonte

As I said last week, special teams would decide the game. Going into the game neither team really knew what they had. I think both teams learned a lot about what they have.

Aub: Still has a solid running game, and I still think Ronnie Brown is better then the cadillac. I am still not sure were the Aub D really is, because LSU's offense is just aweful right now. As long as Campbell doesn't make mistakes, Aub has a chance to win every game. Jason Campbell will not win any games for Aub, but he just can't lose the game. IE Matt Mauck

LSU: The D still might bend, but will never break. The D is still the strong part of the team. If LSU's offense can score 20 pts in a game, we will win every game. (LSU has only given up 20 pts once in 2 yrs of football) LSU has to decide on a QB and we still can't make an extra pt.

All in all it was a classic Aub/LSU game. I would have loved to see overtime, but it just wasn't meant to be. It is a long season, but good luck the rest of the way out. (Well, actually I wouldn't mind Aub losing 2 games and LSU winning out, but I dont see that happening if we can't score more then 9 pts)

Jason Campbell will not win any games for Aub, but he just can't lose the game.

That's funny...which game did you watch two days ago? The game I saw, Campbell WON THE GAME FOR AUBURN, converting on 4th and 12 and threw the final touchdown on a 3rd and 12 play.

Maybe this is our (Auburn fans) fault because we've been one of his biggest critics as well...I don't know.

Exactly, he didnt lose the game. He could have lost that game for Aub, at anytime by throwing a INT or fumbling. He kept Aub in the game and made enough plays to win. He played mistake free football. Aub, won the game on the ground and by playing field position.

As I said last week, special teams would decide the game. Going into the game neither team really knew what they had. I think both teams learned a lot about what they have.

Aub: Still has a solid running game, and I still think Ronnie Brown is better then the cadillac. I am still not sure were the Aub D really is, because LSU's offense is just aweful right now. As long as Campbell doesn't make mistakes, Aub has a chance to win every game. Jason Campbell will not win any games for Aub, but he just can't lose the game. IE Matt Mauck

LSU: The D still might bend, but will never break. The D is still the strong part of the team. If LSU's offense can score 20 pts in a game, we will win every game. (LSU has only given up 20 pts once in 2 yrs of football) LSU has to decide on a QB and we still can't make an extra pt.

All in all it was a classic Aub/LSU game. I would have loved to see overtime, but it just wasn't meant to be. It is a long season, but good luck the rest of the way out. (Well, actually I wouldn't mind Aub losing 2 games and LSU winning out, but I dont see that happening if we can't score more then 9 pts)

Nice post....

There is hope, after all.

Two strong teams played a great game Saturday. Good luck the rest of the way.

:au: WAR EAGLE :au:

Exactly, he didnt lose the game. He could have lost that game for Aub, at anytime by throwing a INT or fumbling. He kept Aub in the game and made enough plays to win. He played mistake free football. Aub, won the game on the ground and by playing field position.

You typed in your post there that he made plays to win so how did he not win the game for us? In my heart Jason Campbell is the man who made Auburn win the game. He kept his head in it and he played his heart out.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

PS Thanks for the congrats.

I think Jason actually did win the game for us. I guess you have to give credit to Courtney Taylor as well for making the catches, but JC was a hero. And that is especially true on the 4th and 12 throw. He stood there in the teeth of a ferocious LSU pass rush, knowing he was about to get nailed, and delivered a strike to keep the drive alive.

If that isn't winning the game for you, nothing is.

I think what won the game for Aub was playing field position. LSU average starting position was the 17, Aub the 38. You guys are not understanding what I am saying. I know he lead Aub on the drive to win that game, but he keep Aub in the game by playing mistake free football the other 55 minutes!!! The old Jason Campbell might have made a mistake in the first 55 minutes which in turn would have not allowed that drive even to happen.

I know he lead Aub on the drive to win that game...

Oh ok, you confused me when you said that JC would not win any games for Auburn. Stupid me. :roll:

Thanks for the congrats anyway. Auburn was fortunate to win this one. Good luck the rest of the season.

Jason Campbell will not win any games for Aub, but he just can't lose the game.

That's funny...which game did you watch two days ago? The game I saw, Campbell WON THE GAME FOR AUBURN, converting on 4th and 12 and threw the final touchdown on a 3rd and 12 play.

Maybe this is our (Auburn fans) fault because we've been one of his biggest critics as well...I don't know.

He also came very close to losing it for us. Thankfully their DB/LB can't catch and Carnell took one back.

Archived