CK update

BadrabbitAU

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said it was going to be a gut decision and that's what it was. Go with the gut CK. We want you here at AU!!

I do agree that everyone needs to remember to breathe haha. This more than likely isn't going to be resolved right now, or tonight at all. Sitting here on AE and refreshing the page every 30 seconds isn't going to make things happen any faster (I know that what some of you are doing!!!)  :tease:

You have to wait 30 secs?

I have slow internet! By the time it's done loading it's already been 30 sec! I blame the Air Force's "go with the lowest bidder" mentality for this issue...

This thread is a little embarrassing and pathetic with all the blaming and finger pointing. And whining.

As if ANY of the people doing the finger pointing were there and really know what the heck is going on.

You get a pass I guess if you are by chance under 5 years of age.

It is a discussion forum, you know

^^^^this to everyone who says "back off we have a great recruiting class" and "you don't know you weren't there"

I don't see why Saban is given a voice in this.  Is he strong-arming Cyrus by saying he gave his brother a scholarship last year for his services now?  If not, why doesn't he just sign with Auburn and move on.  Once signed, there really won't be any need for Saban and the Bama supported media to care.

I read a tweet that said he is going to tell his coach tonight or tomorrow his decision. I don't think he wants it to last much longer. I'm sure this is stressful on him.

Alls I'm saying is why point the finger when you don't have a clue what is going on. That's bad now?

I just think it looks bad when our fans are pointing the finger at his parents when they just don't know whats going on. I guess I'm wrong.

I just don't think its right and don't think it reflects good on us as the Auburn fan base.

This thread is a little embarrassing and pathetic with all the blaming and finger pointing. And whining.

As if ANY of the people doing the finger pointing were there and really know what the heck is going on.

You get a pass I guess if you are by chance under 5 years of age.

It is a discussion forum, you know

I agree.  I do not condone bashing 17-18 year old kids, but let's face it.  We follow recruiting with the same passion that we follow the game, and when we feel that someone is out there cheating us/bashing us/undermining us (a la weeman), then we take offense to it.  

If we all just sit here typing up rainbows and sunshine, we might as well not bother.  I, for one, am ticked off about this sitution with Cyrus.  I am NOT ticked off at Cyrus or his family, but rather the situation that was created by his "announcement".  He should be sure of where he wants to go, and so should his parents.  Even though he is getting a free ride for school, he still has numerous other expenses his parents will have to cover, so they should feel comfortable with that.  

In hindsight, he should have waited to announce, or he should have brought his parents down last weekend, but hey, he's a kid and most of them don't think things through.   I truly hope he follows his heart down to the Plains, but will freely admit I will harbor at least some resentment if he switches to the darkside (unless he comes back to save me from the emperor one day).  Not necessarily resentment to the kid, but toward the evil ones who took him from us, which would probably trickle down to the kid.  Hey, I'm human!

After watching that interview on Scout, I'm convinced that his parents only want what's best for CK.  I think his dad was just being honest when he said that it would be easier on the family if CK were to join his brother.  Unlike the Calloway situation, this is not a case where the parents are trying to force there son one way or the other.  They could just sense that he was not sure of this decision and have stepped in to make sure that he takes his time.

In the end, I think Cyrus realizes that his doubts are just cold feet and he chooses AU with his parent's blessing.

The posters are not bashing CK. If he picks Bama no one will blame him. It is just odd the way things happened. Like some one else is trying to control the situation.

Lugenbill still thinks we land him.

I still think we land him as well.  I think the coaches just need to call up Cyrus and his parents and have a good conversation with them.  Hopefully that could make the parents more comfortable with Cyrus' decision.

I still hope for the best, but this episode has soured me somewhat on the whole day.  Great class, but the aftertaste isn't what I'd like to remember.  And I do  -  and will....  Sorry!  WDE

His parents seem like nice intelligent people.  If they had any idea that he was really serious about Auburn they would have joined him on his visit.  IMO, they thought he was appeasing the coaches and some of his new friends with the visit.  Now they know he is serious and they want to have more discussions about it.  I think he ends up signing with us tomorrow.

After watching that interview on Scout, I'm convinced that his parents only want what's best for CK.  I think his dad was just being honest when he said that it would be easier on the family if CK were to join his brother.  Unlike the Calloway situation, this is not a case where the parents are trying to force there son one way or the other.  They could just sense that he was not sure of this decision and have stepped in to make sure that he takes his time.

In the end, I think Cyrus realizes that his doubts are just cold feet and he chooses AU with his parent's blessing.

we think alike.

His parents seem like nice intelligent people.  If they had any idea that he was really serious about Auburn they would have joined him on his visit.  IMO, they thought he was appeasing the coaches and some of his new friends with the visit.  Now they know he is serious and they want to have more discussions about it.  I think he ends up signing with us tomorrow.

I like the way you think! :believe:

Guest Tigereagle03

hope ur right!!

Archived