Jason Campbell

kickinwang

way to go Jason!

Jason Campbell

Jason Campbell Named SEC Offensive Player of the Week

September 20, 2004

Jason Campbell

AUBURN - Auburn senior quarterback Jason Campbell was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday. Campbell is the first Auburn signal caller to win the SEC weekly honor since Ben Leard in 1999.

The Taylorsville, Miss., native led the Tigers to a 10-9 come-from-behind victory over No. 5 LSU on Saturday as he completed 16 of 27 passes for 170 yards and one touchdown. Campbell directed Auburn's 12-play, 59-yard winning touchdown drive in the fourth quarter. He hit wide receiver Courtney Taylor on a 16-yard strike with 1:14 remaining to tie the contest. Campbell also connected with Taylor on a key 4th-and-12 earlier in the drive.

Campbell, who is 21-9 as a starter in his Auburn career has thrown for 419 yards and six touchdowns this season.

Campbell is the third Auburn player this season to receive SEC Player of the Week honors this season joining running back Carnell Williams (Sept. 13) and offensive lineman Troy Reddick (Sept. 13).

Auburn host The Citadel at Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. CT

Come on! SEC offensive player of the week? Why? He did just enough to not lose the game for us against the defending national chumps. Geeze what a waste of an award...it's not like he did something to win the game or anything. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

*Edit: Added some more eye rollers in case the sarcasm wasn't blindingly obvious enough for you. :)

I really think that's about as good as a QB is going to look against that defense. Leak may be able to do more because he's so quick back there, but JC got it done when it counted.

I agree with 88. It looks like the SEC has some serious defenses around the league. AU, LSU, UGA, Bama...

This will not be the last POW award that Jason wins this season! :au:

He is well deserving!

Congrats Jason & WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Come on!  SEC offensive player of the week?  Why?  He did just enough to not lose the game for us against the defending national chumps.  Geeze what a waste of an award...it's not like he did something to win the game or anything.  :roll:

Your an idiot....its much more than just what you see....Its the poise, composure...and everything else he did alright in that game. He did just enough to beat # 4 Lsu....and he did it correctly.....

Im not gonna sit here and see some people try and take that away from him. Jason played his heart out...sit down, and enjoy that an Auburn quarterback got offensive player of the week. No need for negativity at all.

Come on!  SEC offensive player of the week?  Why?  He did just enough to not lose the game for us against the defending national chumps.  Geeze what a waste of an award...it's not like he did something to win the game or anything.  :roll:

Your an idiot....its much more than just what you see....Its the poise, composure...and everything else he did alright in that game. He did just enough to beat # 4 Lsu....and he did it correctly.....

I believe that was sarcastic playing off of what lsuj said earlier....

this is well deserved and its about time JC got his due..

I believe that was sarcastic playing off of what lsuj said earlier....

this is well deserved and its about time JC got his due..

If hes sarcastic then awesome, my bad on the confusion...But to anyone else who thinks otherwise about jason getting this honor, they should read my reply.

I agree that JC earned t his award, but I still maintain that BC is more accurate with his passes. I have no idea how far BC is with reading defenses or checking off, but he seems to fire the team up more than JC. But, give JC credit where it's due, he did fire the pass that won the game. My one andonly problem with JC has and continues to be that once he has a great game, the confidence that SHOULD follow such a game seems to be missing. It's a new start for JC every game. A great QB learns from the previous game and builds on it with respect to confidence. He doesn't seem to be able to do that. He may just fall apart against UT despite the fact that he played great against LSU. Point made. :au:

Im not gonna sit here and see some people try and take that away from him. Jason played his heart out...sit down, and enjoy that an Auburn quarterback got offensive player of the week. No need for negativity at all.

Dude...

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=10854&st=0

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10905

I have mixed feeling about it. He played a good game but not great. He got the job done but didn't really shine. I feel the reason that most poeple think he shined is the fact that this is the forst time he has followed through and finished the game in a way that we have been looking for for 4 years. If he keeps it up and continues to grow, then this award was spot on. But like another poster said, he needs to keep it up. I would love to se him POW many more times. Will it happen? I hold my breath every time its gets squirrely out there. Right now, I just cheer him on and take slow, deep breaths.

I have mixed feeling about it. He played a good game but not great. He got the job done but didn't really shine. I feel the reason that most poeple think he shined is the fact that this is the forst time he has followed through and finished the game in a way that we have been looking for for 4 years. If he keeps it up and continues to grow, then this award was spot on. But like another poster said, he needs to keep it up. I would love to se him POW many more times. Will it happen? I hold my breath every time its gets squirrely out there. Right now, I just cheer him on and take slow, deep breaths.

Campbell's numbers against any other SEC team (except possibly UGA) would have been huge on Saturday. Give credit to the LSU defense for playing a helluva game.

I agree that JC earned t his award, but I still maintain that BC is more accurate with his passes. I have no idea how far BC is with reading defenses or checking off, but he seems to fire the team up more than JC. But, give JC credit where it's due, he did fire the pass that won the game. My one andonly problem with JC has and continues to be that once he has a great game, the confidence that SHOULD follow such a game seems to be missing. It's a new start for JC every game. A great QB learns from the previous game and builds on it with respect to confidence. He doesn't seem to be able to do that. He may just fall apart against UT despite the fact that he played great against LSU. Point made. :au:

Point made? maybe....Point lost on me?.....DEFINATELY. :rolleyes:

Unreal.

Your an idiot....its much more than just what you see....Its the poise, composure...and everything else he did alright in that game.  He did just enough to beat # 4 Lsu....and he did it correctly.....

Im not gonna sit here and see some people try and take that away from him.  Jason played his heart out...sit down, and enjoy that an Auburn quarterback got offensive player of the week.  No need for negativity at all.

Dude...

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=10854&st=0

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10905

Wow chill out, I even said if you were sarcastic my bad...Is that not enough for you? :rolleyes:

Its cute....its cute...

Some times you try to clear up your own doings, and people try to maintain conflict.....wow

Well I'm glad everyone is finally running on the Jason Campbell banwagon... took ya'll long enough (except for a select few - and even some of those were just like 'well jason deserves the start cuz of experience'). The questions is, how will ya'll be reacting after the UT game. Or if he has a "bad" day. Same goes with CTT.

Actually, with the OC situation he had last year, it's a wonder he followed through in any game. Remember he brought AU from behind in the MCB (& won MVP honors.) Didn't do too badly in the Ah-yurn Bowl either. And don't forget he did all he could do in the Ole Miss game. What we've witnessed the past 4 years is a progression of JC's abilities. He's come a long way and for anybody to be say he's the same now in his senior year that we all saw in his FR/SO years is, ... kinda silly. He was the best QB on the field (from either sideline) last Saturday. The award is definately deserved for this week.

I said one word... :huh:

:lol: I wish some people could count. Im talking about your whole thread response to me...Just let it go buddy, im done talkin about this...as....of....... :au::au: now

Well I'm glad everyone is finally running on the Jason Campbell banwagon... took ya'll long enough (except for a select few - and even some of those were just like 'well jason deserves the start cuz of experience'). The questions is, how will ya'll be reacting after the UT game. Or if he has a "bad" day. Same goes with CTT.

Whoa Horsey. I don't see the JC wagon any fuller than it was last week. I'll say most people are changing their opinion of some faucets of his game (like his checks, for instance). Also his overall stock has appeared to have risen slightly. But come on. Two great throws don't change the past 4 years. Don't misinterpret this post as JC bashing. I'm only pointing out that those of us don't like JC (for lack of a better term) may be more optimistic now, but we're not ready to put him up for Heisman quite yet. And yes, you will see a resurgance of the "bashing" as soon as he falters. If it only takes two plays to make him a God, then two plays will also tear him down. That's football.

If anyone rewatches the game, notice how for the first three quarters or so he watches one receiver, sometimes because of the pressure. For the last part of the game starting with the Cooper catch on the skinny post, he starts looking at second receivers and it made a tremendous difference. That play and the fake screen/dump to Wallace, the fourth and 12, the touchdown (with a little pump to the first guy) were all plays to the second or third receiver. There were a couple of times, [the slant to Mix that could have been picked and the fourth down where if he looked at his second guy (Aromashadu) it probably would have been six] where looking at his second receiver would have made a big difference.

Campbell is impressing me with his reads and audibles, and eventhough he still sometimes birddogs, I think he is doing a great job under Borges.

Good for him. Much deserved (with some kudos to Courtney Taylor for hauling in the two biggest throws of the day).

Ditto...way to go JC!!! :D

Archived