ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, you can say it came down to Facebook if you want to or you can even talk about how Saban illegally recruits through reporters or used his brother as the go-between to heavily recruit/re-align CK during a dead and quiet period and I would say they were definitely factors, but they were not major factors.  The major factor here (as I told the other mods "behind the curtain" on this past Wednesday AND as discussed by some on this very long thread) was always cultural.  CK's family is from Cameroon.  It is true that he moved here at a young age and has spent most of his life in the American culture.  Nonetheless, the culture of his family remains that of his parents.  That culture is VERY much family-based and the father is the "chief" both figuratively and, in some cases, literally.  In this case, as in many other paternal dominant cultures around the world, the father makes family decisions, period.  I think the American influence is the only thing that made this whole situation at all interesting since they actually entertained CK's reasoning for saying AU.  But in the end, in my mind anyway, I felt he would side with family both in that he would be with his bro at uat and and he would not be "disobeying" his father's wishes.  After he did not sign the NLI on Wednesday, as far as I was concerned, his will was going to die a slow death under pressure from the rest of the fam, primarily his dad and Arie.  I heard what the insiders and other experts were saying as far as optimistic predictions and I hoped I would be wrong, but I was never expecting the will of this teenager, gigantic man-child or not, to prevail.  You win some, you lose some.

This one stings for sure....BUT DO NOT FORGET, WE HAVE A GREAT CLASS REGARDLESS!!  AND after all the bammers sober back up from their moonshine induced stupor no doubt claiming another national championship, they can't change this:  They still lost 28-27 in their own house in front of their biggest crowd ever in the worst comeback loss in their history to their greatest rival, when a win would have stained a perfect season and surely thwarted a run for the BCS NC...And then, they had to watch as this same hated rival not only tucked away ANOTHER Heisman Trophy and just about every other prominant award, but brought home the crystal football as National Champions.

I don't know about you guys, but for the next 293 days I'm going to absolutely revel in our epic season where we took their manhood and won it all.  And as CGC would say (at least once!) [glow=red,2,300]WAR DAMN EAGLE!!![/glow]

We Are Auburn!!!

believe.gif

Kristen Kenny is a Bama recruiter working for fox sports, (thayer evans also works for fox sports as well)

Saban should have been a lawyer.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1046102.html

Nice she happened to stumble on this on her own guesses that CK would flip.

Not worried about CK anymore, just letting you know about names and angles that will be used in 2012 by the red army.

Fair warning:  This thread will be locked around midnight tonight.  Say your piece now about CK and then starting tomorrow, we're going to focus on the future...which includes celebrating both the GREAT recruiting class Auburn signed this year and the studs lining up to be a part of the 2012 class!  Our future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!!!  extracool.gif  War Eagle!

Fair warning:  This thread will be locked around midnight tonight.  Say your piece now about CK and then starting tomorrow, we're going to focus on the future...which includes celebrating both the GREAT recruiting class Auburn signed this year and the studs lining up to be a part of the 2012 class!  Our future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!!!  extracool.gif  War Eagle!

Yahoo!  :thumbsup:    :bananadance:      :partey: :partey: :partey:

:zapbama:

:zapbama::beatmullet::zapbama::beatmullet::zapbama:

I don't care if his decision was because of Cameroon culture of daddy decide all, he is now part of the turd and I never wish any turd well.

CK family still holding on to social networking site....Here is the latest quotes from al.com

"Facebook messages, friend requests and text messages apparently played a part in swaying the player ultimately to Alabama."

"The opinion was heavier toward Alabama," Jean-Claude Kouandjio told the Post. "The friends that wanted him to go to Alabama was heavier than Auburn. So he paid more attention to them."

Its a Smoke screen-----> :zapbama:

Cyrus and his father did not pick uat for the quality of education Cyrus will receive. Auburn definitely has higher academic standards.

CK family still holding on to social networking site....Here is the latest quotes from al.com

"Facebook messages, friend requests and text messages apparently played a part in swaying the player ultimately to Alabama."

"The opinion was heavier toward Alabama," Jean-Claude Kouandjio told the Post. "The friends that wanted him to go to Alabama was heavier than Auburn. So he paid more attention to them."

What is cameroonian for poor excuse?

Cyrus and his father did not pick uat for the quality of education Cyrus will receive. Auburn definitely has higher academic standards.

You are correct...Bama does not have Architecture, which is the degree CK is quoted as wanting to pursue.....unless his dad is changing his degree choice now....

THE MORE his father talks the dumber he sounds....Christ shut up it's done....

This is one if the most, if not THE most bizarre recruiting stories I've ever heard. We were told not to post things on his FB page, then dad says it made a difference?  What a can of worms. So now people will start Facebook "campaigns" telling people to post on recruits pages believing they are "recruiters" for their team? That is ridiculous and will lead to all kinds of unscrupulous behavior.

Archived