AU vs. UT

AcctTiger

ESPN......6:45 CST

Finally an night game.....It is gonna be a fun day in Knoxville.......

Link

Man, oh man, oh man, I wish I could go to this game. This could be it and at night at that!!! We have got to come in there ready to kick some serious tail and quiet those fans down!!!

WAR EAGLE AND BEAT THE VOLS!!!

BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CITADEL!!!!!

NOOO, this is one thing we do NOT need!!

Why would you be celebrating this? There is a reason we want night games at HOME. The fans are much more rowdy at night at any stadium you go to.

I was hoping for a the early game on CBS (12:30 EST). Now that would have been good cause it would have been nice and early and half the tennessee students would still be hungover.

NOOO, this is one thing we do NOT need!!

Why would you be celebrating this? There is a reason we want night games at HOME. The fans are much more rowdy at night at any stadium you go to.

I was hoping for a the early game on CBS (12:30 EST). Now that would have been good cause it would have been nice and early and half the tennessee students would still be hungover.

I disagree somewhat. I know that now that the game is set for 6:45 pm, I can go. Otherwise, I don't think so. I am planning to leave early in the morning from Montgomery and then stay somewhere in between Knoxvegas and Chattanooga on Saturday night. I can't leave on Friday. I think some Auburn fans might be in my same position of not being able to go if it was early in the morning on Saturday. Besides that point, I think it would be beneficial to get a early game so that the fans and the Tenn team are not as pumped up for the game.

How long a drive is it from Montgomery to Knoxville? I assume that the best route is 65 to Bham then 59 to Chattanooga and then on to Knoxville.

How long a drive is it from Montgomery to Knoxville? I assume that the best route is 65 to Bham then 59 to Chattanooga and then on to Knoxville.

Actually, I think your best bet would be I-85 to Atlanta, then I-75 to Chattanooga.

You can make that trip in one day if you get up before the crack of dawn...I did it in 1989, but I left at about 4-5 AM Saturday morning for an afternoon CBS kickoff. It rained all the way up, all during the game and most all the way back. I got home about 1 AM Sunday morning...talk about a long day which was made longer by the fact that we lost 21-14.

I was wary of this game before the season even started, but it's gonna be a fun one to watch...both teams should be top 10 when they face off and the last time that happened was 1990, which was the amazing 26-26 tie.

Archived