SIAP: Auburn Daniel Moore Print WOW

HENDRIXWDE

I just talked to Moore and learned that he is trying to put some signature editions (player/coach) options together for this work and one was a potential charity deal on campus.

I also asked him about some of the reasoning behind that composition. He said he chose the bald eagle because it was true to this game.  He used "Spirit" in the title because of our bald eagle Mascot "Spirit".  He said he could paint a Golden Eagle instead but I told him I like the "realism" and understood what he was getting at trying to capture the "spirit" that drove this team to the title.

He also told me that he arranged the players around Coach Chizik in a subtle "A" shape (for Auburn) while Coach Chizik forms a "U" (for university).  I thought that was really cool.

I asked him who #45 was holding the "22" play call and he said it was what he got off of an AP Wire photo (just different number of the play). I know it wasn't Antoine Carter and there's nobody else listed on the depth chart with 45.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THIS IS??

He said if sales went well, he might do something featuring Cam and the Heisman.  He had about 1500 pre-publications orders prior to even finishing the pencil sketch.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I don't like is the eagle at the top of the print. I know it's the eagle that flew at the game, but a Golden Eagle would look so much better.

Agreed, that was also my first reaction... shoulve been Nova up there

Has anyone received any kind of notice or email since 'reserving' your copy?

The only thing I don't like is the eagle at the top of the print. I know it's the eagle that flew at the game, but a Golden Eagle would look so much better.

I read someplace where Spirit and Nova fly according to weather conditions. Temperature and such. I wish I could find it to show as reference. While I am partial to Nova, I don't see an issue with either one being depicted on the painting.

So I go to this Greg Gamble guys website....................... He has ZERO Auburn paintings from this year. He has just done THREE new bammer paintings. I was suppose to support this guy over DM why?????

I read someplace where Spirit and Nova fly according to weather conditions. Temperature and such. I wish I could find it to show as reference. While I am partial to Nova, I don't see an issue with either one being depicted on the painting.

Yeah, thats true. Also, Nova is younger (not as calm or tame in a way)... Golden Eagle is more traditional, Nova has the title of 'Tiger'.. just don't like to see Nova left out!

Yeah, thats true. Also, Nova is younger (not as calm or tame in a way)... Golden Eagle is more traditional, Nova has the title of 'Tiger'.. just don't like to see Nova left out!

Nova has the official title of 'War Eagle.'  Tiger is a different golden eagle who was retired from her position as the official War Eagle several years ago at the AU-UGA game.

Nova has the official title of 'War Eagle.'  Tiger is a different golden eagle who was retired from her position as the offical War Eagle several years ago at the AU-UGA game.

That day... ???

There is NO WAY I would give my money to Daniel Moore and yes I would rather pay $650 for something that was drawn in Windows Paint to an Auburn man than something he painted.

Wise cracks in 3...2...1...

Nova has the official title of 'War Eagle.'  Tiger is a different golden eagle who was retired from her position as the offical War Eagle several years ago at the AU-UGA game.

War Eagle VI was nicknamed "Tiger", her official name is and always has been War Eagle VI

War Eagle VI was nicknamed "Tiger", her official name is and always has been War Eagle VI

'Tiger' =that was a typo, if anyone here know the diff... trust that it's me lol ...meant WE

thanks for the clarification.

Point being, Golden Eagle is tradition... I like and am open to new traditions, but I still think Nova should be the eagle depicted in this case. He IS War Eagle VII. Deserves to be there.

I talked to Moore about the Eagle choice and he chose the  bald eagle for 3 reasons:

1. A bald eagle flew in the game

2. Auburn has a bald eagle named Spirit

3. He wanted the name "SPIRIT" in the title  because he wanted to portray what he felt was one of the most dominant traits of this special team.

Can someone direct me to a place where I can buy photos from 2010 games? I want to match photos from all the games I attended with the tickets but I don't want to pay a ton of money for a 4x6 or 5x7.

I do find it satisfying that the bammer's personal artist found that to make any money this year he had to paint a picture of us.

I doubt he'll consider himself Bama's personal artist after the lawsuit they levied on him over trademark infringement.

As to my over all opinion I do find it really odd to see his name associated with an AU painting but I do like the mock up.  Also love that Dyer’s break dance spin move on top of the Oregon DB made it in so prominently. 

Cant honestly see many Auburn folk availing themselves of the Official Turdtown Artist in residences' artistic renderings.

Well - first off - he is NOT AN OFFICIAL ARTIST of anyone.  He went to Bama.  They ended up suing him over royalty issues - he filed a counter suit on 1st Amendment issues and won.

Secondly - over 1500 "folks" already ordered even before he released this sketch!  I don't think there were many Bama fans or Oregon fans in that number.

Thirdly - I think Auburn "folk" are smarter than you give them credit for and realize like I do, that if you want the best  - you get the best.  Where his degree comes from or who he routes for is irrelevant to me. Besides, he's painted PLENTY of AUBURN art already.  You'd better believe he was pulling for Auburn all year 9except one game).  I know him personally and he is an avid SEC and college football fan and follower.

Cant honestly see many Auburn folk availing themselves of the Official Turdtown Artist in residences' artistic renderings.

Well - first off - he is NOT AN OFFICIAL ARTIST of anyone.  He went to Bama.  They ended up suing him over royalty issues - he filed a counter suit on 1st Amendment issues and won.

Secondly - over 1500 "folks" already ordered even before he released this sketch!  I don't think there were many Bama fans or Oregon fans in that number.

Thirdly - I think Auburn "folk" are smarter than you give them credit for and realize like I do, that if you want the best  - you get the best.  Where his degree comes from or who he routes for is irrelevant to me. Besides, he's painted PLENTY of AUBURN art already.  You'd better believe he was pulling for Auburn all year 9except one game).  I know him personally and he is an avid SEC and college football fan and follower.

Never mind teh truth, some won't listen.  I have Moore's Bo Over the top prominantly displayed in my game room.  This will go right beside it.  I also have two Zuniga who is almost as good as Moore.

There is NO WAY I would give my money to Daniel Moore and yes I would rather pay $650 for something that was drawn in Windows Paint to an Auburn man than something he painted.

I will be through Cullman around 5:30 on friday evening....I have drawn up several great items in Windows Paint...I will only charge you 1/2 price......lol

I will be through Cullman around 5:30 on friday evening....I have drawn up several great items in Windows Paint...I will only charge you 1/2 price......lol

I knew it..... :thumbsup:

Daniel Moore's website has his explanation behind the symbolism in the sketch that will become the painting and prints he sells of the BCS title game.  You can also see some of his other Auburn works (beating Bama!)

Caution - it is 3 pages long and only in PDF...

http://www.newlifeart.com/images/awfa.pdf

http://www.newlifeart.com/images/awfa2.pdf

http://www.newlifeart.com/images/awfa3.pdf

WAR EAGLE!!

I like it. Wish they could have squeezed in a few more of our seniors and Darvin. Oh well, still nice.

Archived