Hello Auburn fans!

ChinaVol

Hey Auburn fans, first time poster here. Congrats on the victory this weekend. The running backs look like the real deal, especially against one of the best defenses in the nation. Its causing us Vol fans to be particularly nervous since our run defense has not been that great so far. The loss of our senior middle linebacker will not help matters in the middle. Our defensive secondary is very young with 1 freshman, 1 first time starter and 1 2nd time starter, but we managed to sqeek by Mr. Leak and company. The Vol nation is fired up about this years team and it looks like the Auburn game will be HUGE! You are welcome to visit our site www.voltalk.com anytime to discuss the game or anything else you like. Anyway, looking forward to a great game!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great first post, China. Good to have you here. You have found the best AU forum to talk football. Looking forward to the game, and believe me, we have the same reservations about the game as you do. Gonna be a great game none the less.

This could quite possibly be a prequel to the SECCG. It should make for a great game. I look for Auburn's D to break these green UT QB's in...Eddins style! :)

918edin2tv.jpg

eddins.jpg

Welcome to our world

Vol fans aren't the only ones worrying about this week. Ainge is an awesomely talented passer. Schaffer scares me with our inability to stop Randall last week. I'm sure (I hope) AU coaches have noticed Tennessee's apparent weakness against the run. We'll have to shut down their O though, we can't put up enough points to run with them. Well, not if we play like we did last week (on offense).

Welcome!

So who do you think will win China? :D

I think we will win of course but its going to be a close high scoring game. Our offense is the best we have had in a long time. The offensive line dominated florida all night, we only punted twice. We have scored 10 touchdowns in 2 games and all have been drives of over 80 yards. The really incredible stat is only 1 penalty on the offense so far this year, not counting the celebration calls. Schaeffer adds and extra dimension to the running game with his quickness and Ainge has a rocket arm and is great with the play action passes. Still freshamn mistakes led to 21 easy point for florida and kept us behind the whole game. We have the best group of receivers I can remember and thats a long way back. The defense has had a slow start and right now is playing very poor due to inexperience. We are all hoping they get some before you start running those 2 backs at us! Like I said I predict a wild high scoring game! Whats your take?

I doubt this game will be high scoring at all...Florida's defense isn't exactly great, neither is UT's run D...I think it basically comes down to our defense being able to contain Schaeffer. hopefully we'll be able to pass the ball, but if not, I think we'll just hammer it in there and win it.

I doubt this game will be high scoring at all...Florida's defense isn't exactly great, neither is UT's run D...I think it basically comes down to our defense being able to contain Schaeffer. hopefully we'll be able to pass the ball, but if not, I think we'll just hammer it in there and win it.

Actually we are not sure Schaeffer will start. Ainge played the whole 4th quarter last week in a passing scenerio. They both will see action though.

I've heard that Ainge will be getting the start this week? Is that true? These guys are both awesomely talented football players, but each plays a TOTALLY different game.

Is it just me or does Ainge remind anyone else of Peyton + running skills?

I've heard that Ainge will be getting the start this week? Is that true? These guys are both awesomely talented football players, but each plays a TOTALLY different game.

Is it just me or does Ainge remind anyone else of Peyton + running skills?

Thus far it looks like Fulmer will use the same rotation as last week against LT. Its no secret that Phil likes to try and establish the run early and Schaeffer adds that extra dimension to the running game. Ainge looked great in the 4th quarter Saturday. He does have good mobility for a 6'6" boy but we are more impressed with his quick release and velocity. He did have 1 interception that Florida turned into 7 points. At 18 he's to young to start making comparisons to Peyton. I have always been against the 2 QB system but these 2 guys have changed my mind, so far anyway!

I agree that the 2 QB system never works, and I'm sure it's days are numbered at UT, too. But, you're right. These guys make it look good, don't they?

Ainge puts some great velocity and he spots the ball really well for a freshman. I was surprised to see that Schaefer has a cannon, too. He really puts some zip on that ball.

The Peyton comparison was more a comparison to when Peyton himself was a freshman. I just meant that Ainge's ABILITY looks mighty impressive and he could flourish into a Peyton-esque player. I was at the game where Helton went down in the first half and Brandon Stewart came in the first half. The second half, Peyton started and they never looked back. He is just an incredible player.

I agree that the 2 QB system never works, and I'm sure it's days are numbered at UT, too. But, you're right. These guys make it look good, don't they?

Ainge puts some great velocity and he spots the ball really well for a freshman. I was surprised to see that Schaefer has a cannon, too. He really puts some zip on that ball.

The Peyton comparison was more a comparison to when Peyton himself was a freshman. I just meant that Ainge's ABILITY looks mighty impressive and he could flourish into a Peyton-esque player. I was at the game where Helton went down in the first half and Brandon Stewart came in the first half. The second half, Peyton started and they never looked back. He is just an incredible player.

You're right Big Dude. I was at that game myself. Actually Manning looked a whole lot greener than either Ainge of Schaeffer. That might have a lot to do with the offensive lines. Hey Ainge already has 1 win against Florida! I think the decision to go with these freshmen early in fall practice was based on the skills they were presenting but also the schedule where we have the first 4 at home. This calling the audibles from the sidelines wouldn't work as well on the road!

We are playing a lot of true freshman on both sides of the ball. How many frosh are starting for AU?

Hello Tiger fans.......First allow me to say good luck on the rest of the season and I hope our game is a great one. I am not here to flame just to talk a little friendly smack and discuss good ole southern football.

:poke: I like this smiley

2 UT posters and really good football talk. UT is batting 1000%. Wasn't the LSU corndogs batting about .03%. Hopefully they have whined about 'the call' as much as they can and are out causing trouble on the MSU boards. Maybe we are through with them until next year.

Hey Auburn fans, first time poster here. Congrats on the victory this weekend. The running backs look like the real deal, especially against one of the best defenses in the nation. Its causing us Vol fans to be particularly nervous since our run defense has not been that great so far. The loss of our senior middle linebacker will not help matters in the middle. Our defensive secondary is very young with 1 freshman, 1 first time starter and 1 2nd time starter, but we managed to sqeek by Mr. Leak and company. The Vol nation is fired up about this years team and it looks like the Auburn game will be HUGE! You are welcome to visit our site www.voltalk.com anytime to discuss the game or anything else you like. Anyway, looking forward to a great game!

Welcome CV...and thanks for the props.

It should be a great game...road games are always tough...and the general's place should be rockin'! :D

Archived