Hello Auburn fans!

ChinaVol

Hey Auburn fans, first time poster here. Congrats on the victory this weekend. The running backs look like the real deal, especially against one of the best defenses in the nation. Its causing us Vol fans to be particularly nervous since our run defense has not been that great so far. The loss of our senior middle linebacker will not help matters in the middle. Our defensive secondary is very young with 1 freshman, 1 first time starter and 1 2nd time starter, but we managed to sqeek by Mr. Leak and company. The Vol nation is fired up about this years team and it looks like the Auburn game will be HUGE! You are welcome to visit our site www.voltalk.com anytime to discuss the game or anything else you like. Anyway, looking forward to a great game!

Welcome CV...and thanks for the props.

It should be a great game...road games are always tough...and the general's place should be rockin'! :D

Thanks! We broke the attendance record last weekend. With the excitement these freshmen have created and the significance of the UT-AU game from a national perspective I think it will be broken again in 2 weeks. It was also the loudest crowd in recent memory and caused our defense some problems on getting play calls from the sidelines. Should be a great game if we can slow down your running game!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The big difference between our offense this year and last year is having both CW AND RB on the field at the same time. Last year we played one or the other and an opposing defense could key off him. With both of them plays like counters and play action screens can really open up a defense that intends to "stack the box".

Thats bad news since we never stopped them in last years game! Our run defense has looked weak so far. The truth is we have been trying to stop the run and pressure the passer with the front 4 letting the linbackers lay back in support of a really green secondary. Floridas passing game is awesome and Leak had all day to throw but we only gave him the short stuff except for 1 blown assignment. I doubt we will play the same defense against AU.

this is weird, i couldnt remember what it was like to have a meaningful conversation about football. the lsu fans almost cajunized us.

We felt the same way last week with florida in town. 50% flammers. I don't remember being called that many different names in a while. Same thing no football all flame. Well their fire is out now!

I would say that comment rings true for our cajunized corndog guest. I bet the florida flammers are as silent as those lovely LSwho flammers on here.

this is weird, i couldnt remember what it was like to have a meaningful conversation about football. the lsu fans almost cajunized us.

We felt the same way last week with florida in town. 50% flammers. I don't remember being called that many different names in a while. Same thing no football all flame. Well their fire is out now!

I would say that comment rings true for our cajunized corndog guest. I bet the florida flammers are as silent as those lovely LSwho flammers on here.

As you know, when the gators lose the flammers disappear, they immediately want to fire all of the coaches then then spend a few days going over how the calls beat them. Same thing every year!

As you know, when the gators lose the flammers disappear, they immediately want to fire all of the coaches then then spend a few days going over how the calls beat them. Same thing every year!

Sounds like LSU and FL could be doubles, 90% of the LSU fans that did show up to "take it" since they were giving it out couldn't even lose with class the first words out of them was "that was a bad call you got sooo lucky". I just can't get over them, I never heard one of them calling it luck when there butts got saved by not 1 but 3 missed PAT.

Sounds like LSU and FL could be doubles, 90% of the LSU fans that did show up to "take it" since they were giving it out couldn't even lose with class the first words out of them was "that was a bad call you got sooo lucky". I just can't get over them, I never heard one of them calling it luck when there butts got saved by not 1 but 3 missed PAT.

Well it was a bad call but frankly after Ainge completed a 4th and 6 and Wilhoit kicked a 50 yarder that would have been good from 65 I don't feel sorry for them. The regular members our board are quite the opposite of most, all class!

Well it was a bad call but frankly after Ainge completed a 4th and 6 and Wilhoit kicked a 50 yarder that would have been good from 65 I don't feel sorry for them. The regular members our board are quite the opposite of most, all class!

Indeed the regulars here are classy, it was the new additions that did nothing but flame that got most of us all in a uproar.

Looking forward to taking care of the Citadel this week, and you guys are square in our path after that. Hope its a great game, welcome to the board, its good to more people who can talk football with out all the B.S. again welcome and post often.

Both QB's are quite good by UF's pass defense was horrible last weekend and to be honest, I think AU is going to have a field day with them.

You are correct on both counts! Chris Leak said the same thing last Saturday morning! :D

Indeed the regulars here are classy, it was the new additions that did nothing but flame that got most of us all in a uproar.

Looking forward to taking care of the Citadel this week, and you guys are square in our path after that. Hope its a great game, welcome to the board, its good to more people who can talk football with out all the B.S. again welcome and post often.

Thanks Au Fan. It looks like a good group of fans here. Like I said before, you are welcome to come to our board www.voltalk.com to discuss the upcoming game. I said its going to be a wild one only because our team is so young. 10 true freshmen saw action Saturday night. With that many in the game anything can happen. Actually they only made 3 big mistakes but Florida capitalized on every one of them. The 2 QB's have won the hearts of the fanbase by their hardwork in the summer and Fall getting themselves into a position to play SEC ball. We just love to watch them play! Its been a long time since we had an offense I guess?

Hey its a ChuckTown reunion, I live in Charleston too.

It will be interesting on how well UT handles La Tech's run attack this weekend as it is no slouch, but it is one dimensional since the departure of their senior QB. Of course their defense is one of the worst so UT should score often, but I expect La Tech to put up some points too. UT is giving up 4.2 yards per carry to opponents averaging 3.9, La Tech averages 5 yards per carry, so it could be a long day for the defense. Couple that with a hangover and a look-ahead and they could stay within 2 tds.

Hey its a ChuckTown reunion, I live in Charleston too.

It will be interesting on how well UT handles La Tech's run attack this weekend as it is no slouch, but it is one dimensional since the departure of their senior QB. Of course their defense is one of the worst so UT should score often, but I expect La Tech to put up some points too. UT is giving up 4.2 yards per carry to opponents averaging 3.9, La Tech averages 5 yards per carry, so it could be a long day for the defense. Couple that with a hangover and a look-ahead and they could stay within 2 tds.

Your right it will be interesting. Moat is averaging 200 yards per game thru the first 3. He got 80 against miami but they took him out early. La. Tech had 400 yards of offense against Miami. It will test our defense at the weakest point and hopefully our prep for them will also prepare us for Auburn. They are no Auburn but the defense we play will probably be similar. We can't take anyone for granted with 10 freshmen seeing playing time. This will tell us a lot about the UT-UA game. I am just wondering who does the scheduling for La. Tech?

I'm going to the UT-LA Tech game Saturday nite. Anyone know any good Voodoo curses or spells I can cast over Neyland? I figure we need all the help we can get. War Damn Eagle, 10-9!

Cool, brother. Where are you watching the UT game? Auburn fans seem to be a little thin on the ground around here.

Your right, the AU fans are few and far between in these parts, the only one I know is my wife.

Im staying here for UT. Shoot me an email @ autigersc@aol.com if ya want to get together for a mock tailgate for the game. I'll bring the cheap beer :P

Cool, brother. Where are you watching the UT game? Auburn fans seem to be a little thin on the ground around here.

Your right, the AU fans are few and far between in these parts, the only one I know is my wife.

Im staying here for UT. Shoot me an email @ autigersc@aol.com if ya want to get together for a mock tailgate for the game. I'll bring the cheap beer :P

War Damn Eagle!

Congrats on the Citadel win! Turned out to be a tune up game as expected. Our game answered some questions but not all. Ainge pretty much set himself up as the starter for next week and the running game continued hitting on all cylinders. We played 3 quarterbacks and 5 running backs in the game but I woould give up lefty for 2 corners! The defense got off to a slow start but finished strong, still a dissapointing outing overall defensively. The rookie corners got beat several times in the first half before we made adjustments. Anyway, can't complain too much with so many freshman seeing a lot of action.

The game this weekend will be huge. I am expecting a slobberknocker as usual! Ktown will be rockin!

welcome vol fans.

IMO, ainge is the guy for UT. he is looking great...poised and accurate. what else can you ask for? and if he falters, you've got a solid bench guy! put 'em together and you get a 'heath shuler' experience! :(

i had the pleasure of attending a couple of UA/UT games up in neyland, and it is a great experience. both times, my wife and i went up and stayed in gatlinburg for a few days, and capped off the trip w/ a venture over to knoxville & the game.

while i'm going to gatlinburg this weekend, i don't have tickets and prolly won't be heading over to scalp for the game. i'll just watch it on the tube.

i hope we can move the ball on you guys.

ct

Archived