Hello Auburn fans!

ChinaVol

Hello Tiger fans.......First allow me to say good luck on the rest of the season and I hope our game is a great one. I am not here to flame just to talk a little friendly smack and discuss good ole southern football.

:poke: I like this smiley

Welcome OS...look forward to a lively discussion! :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome!

So who do you think will win China?  :D

I think we will win of course but its going to be a close high scoring game. Our offense is the best we have had in a long time. The offensive line dominated florida all night, we only punted twice. We have scored 10 touchdowns in 2 games and all have been drives of over 80 yards. The really incredible stat is only 1 penalty on the offense so far this year, not counting the celebration calls. Schaeffer adds and extra dimension to the running game with his quickness and Ainge has a rocket arm and is great with the play action passes. Still freshamn mistakes led to 21 easy point for florida and kept us behind the whole game. We have the best group of receivers I can remember and thats a long way back. The defense has had a slow start and right now is playing very poor due to inexperience. We are all hoping they get some before you start running those 2 backs at us! Like I said I predict a wild high scoring game! Whats your take?

Ball control offense! If we can run the ball and keep those qb's off the field, we'll win...if not, it'll be a long ride home from k'ville.

Lets hope its the long ride home..... :poke:

I can't wait for the game. i just hope we can contain your two horses....

I f we can slow them and get to Campbell then we have a chance. If they run wild....well you know.....remember last year :(

The big difference between our offense this year and last year is having both CW AND RB on the field at the same time. Last year we played one or the other and an opposing defense could key off him. With both of them plays like counters and play action screens can really open up a defense that intends to "stack the box".

Welcome. Classy Post. Looking forward, AFTER the Citadel, to goin' to Vol land!

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

To bad JEff Klein isn't at the Citadel anymore. That school has become transfer central though. Klein from Auburn and Simmons from Clemson.....You would think they would win a few with those guys.....not the case though.

Hey Smokey!

I live in the upstate SC. Know the Citadel well. Lovely town, Charleston.

Both UT and AU will have a much better idea how good thay actually are after the game.

Of course I think we are better than ya'll on both sides of the ball, but then I hear say that ya'll are hard to beat at home.

I think that we can beat The 'Del, but I would like for us to kick about 15 field goals to try to work out the kinks in that area of our special teams.

i just our O line can keep ya'll off our QB's...if so look out...

Ainge has an arm that is scary accurate...they reference it to a LASER not a bullet but a laser.

Schaeffer not only has his feet but an arm also.

If we can establish a running game I like our chances...if not well it could make for a long trip home to SC.

Who is leading the SEC in rushing yards?........we have some good backs also

Just fair warning....

I don't care what team you root for or how bad you hate the Vols, the team running out of the T is definitely something to behold. It's awesome to watch....

AU TailGATEr

I hope your experience at Neyland will be a great one. I am sure ther will at least be one a$$ hole there to make us look bad so I apologize on the behalf of civilized Vol fans.

Big Dude.......

I think if you grow up up a Vol fan that is what you dream of getting to do.

They way the band forms the T and opens it......gives me chills.

AUBURN tradition is no slouch either. My family is from Walnut Grove, Alabama....right outside of Gadsden

Alabama is leading the SEC in rushing at 241yds per game. They havn't played even a decent defense yet though. Auburn leads the league in scoring defense. UT is 8th in the league in rushing defense. I like our chances of running the football on them.

SEC Statistics

AU TailGATEr

I hope your experience at Neyland will be a great one. I am sure ther will at least be one a$$ hole there to make us look bad so I apologize on the behalf of civilized Vol fans.

Big Dude.......

I think if you grow up up a Vol fan that is what you dream of getting to do.

They way the band forms the T and opens it......gives me chills.

AUBURN tradition is no slouch either. My family is from Walnut Grove, Alabama....right outside of Gadsden

I'm sure you are right, we have some too. I know how to avoid them so I am ceartain that I will enjoy this experience a great deal. I can't wait to see a 100,000+ seat on campus stadium. I wish we would enclose our end zones and go over 100,000.

I gaurantee you that I will not be one of those visiting jerks (win or lose) that make so many SEC schools look bad.

Thanks for the good wishes and I and my friends will return the favor in Knoxville.

Nope...... All my family grew up on Bud Umphrey road....all went to West End high.

My Dad was a tailback ther before going to play ball at your arch rival....Alabama.

Some how I ended up a UT fan and everyone else in my family are Tide fans.....

Alabama is leading the SEC in rushing at 241yds per game. They havn't played even a decent defense yet though. Auburn leads the league in scoring defense. UT is 8th in the league in rushing defense. I like our chances of running the football on them.

SEC Statistics

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Nope...... All my family grew up on Bud Umphrey road....all went to West End high.

My Dad was a tailback ther before going to play ball at your arch rival....Alabama.

Sorry to hear about your family members being bammers. That has to suck. I know where umphrey rd is. I grew up on Hwy 132 but went to Etowah High School, home of the mighty Blue Devils!!! I actually lived near Nashville after I graduated from AU. Good luck on 10/2. (but not too much) :D

I haven't had a chance to watch Tennessee yet this year, so i haven't been able to see their qb play first hand I just know a little about Schaffer from the fact that we recruited him and know a little about Ainge from highlights and posts on here, but my question is who do you think Auburn will struggle with more?

Ainge worries me a little more just becuase of his passing ability. Although we have a great line and great linebackers, our secondary is decent but is no doubt the weakest part of our defense. I know Schaffer can throw too but I like our chances at stopping a more athletic less prolific passer than a dropback a la peyton manning.

I'd say the grace of God had something to do with you becoming a Vols fan. You'd rather be anything than a bammer fan.

this is weird, i couldnt remember what it was like to have a meaningful conversation about football. the lsu fans almost cajunized us.

We felt the same way last week with florida in town. 50% flammers. I don't remember being called that many different names in a while. Same thing no football all flame. Well their fire is out now!

this is weird, i couldnt remember what it was like to have a meaningful conversation about football. the lsu fans almost cajunized us.

We felt the same way last week with florida in town. 50% flammers. I don't remember being called that many different names in a while. Same thing no football all flame. Well their fire is out now!

Heh, I live in Gainesville -- I know all about Gaytors.

Archived