CNN/SI New Rankings #3 - link

AUTaxMan

I think after our trip to Knoxville #3 would still be a tad high. LSU was a bit over-rated, I think everyone agrees on that. Top 10, definitely. Top 5? Questionable

I think after our trip to Knoxville #3 would still be a tad high. LSU was a bit over-rated, I think everyone agrees on that. Top 10, definitely. Top 5? Questionable

LSWHO, over rated? Surely you jest sir! They are the best team to EVER play the game. Each and every player is an All-American. Even the water-boy is an All-American. Saban is the best coach ever, EVER! Over rated? NO! Maybe they are still even under-rated! :poke:

LSWHO, over rated? Surely you jest sir! They are the best team to EVER play the game. Each and every player is an All-American. Even the water-boy is an All-American. Saban is the best coach ever, EVER! Over rated? NO! Maybe they are still even under-rated! :poke:

:roflol: The All-American water boy got me!! Too funny.

It's waaaaay too early to be looking at power rankings. Nice to see the respect, but the night game in Knoxville will be :au: 's real gut check. Get past that one, and then gloat.

War Eagle and bring on The Citadel

I think after our trip to Knoxville #3 would still be a tad high.  LSU was a bit over-rated, I think everyone agrees on that.  Top 10, definitely.  Top 5?  Questionable

I apologize for my temporary lack of football wisdom. The 2004 LSU team is the best team ever!

I think after our trip to Knoxville #3 would still be a tad high.  LSU was a bit over-rated, I think everyone agrees on that.  Top 10, definitely.  Top 5?  Questionable

I apologize for my temporary lack of football wisdom. The 2004 LSU team is the best team ever!

Sure they are! Haven't you read all the insight we have been getting PRIOR to the games last Saturday! :o

Russell 4 Heisman

damn you guys are pathetic.....It was a good game and you won. Congrats you beat LSU by "1" point and you say LSU is overrated....What does that say about AU. I took it as AU is a VERY good football team, and I would expect AU fans to do the same. But from what I am reading from you guys is that AU is just a plain ole average team that beat an OVERRATED LSU team.

I know some of LSU fans have put a bad taste in some of your mouths.....But man saying LSU is overrated after you beat us by "1" point....GIVE YOURSELVES SOME CREDIT.....I KNOW I AM!!!

damn you guys are pathetic.....It was a good game and you won. Congrats you beat LSU by "1" point and you say LSU is overrated....What does that say about AU. I took it as AU is a VERY good football team, and I would expect AU fans to do the same. But from what I am reading from you guys is that AU is just a plain ole average team that beat an OVERRATED LSU team.

I know some of LSU fans have put a bad taste in some of your mouths.....But man saying LSU is overrated after you beat us by "1" point....GIVE YOURSELVES SOME CREDIT.....I KNOW I AM!!!

geaux,

Please. If you care to look there have been plenty of post-game threads on here giving props to LSU. We can stand to have a couple of joke threads like these. How 'bout you? Are you going to monitor this board for the slightest digs at LSU for the rest of the season? Get a life, man. :roll:

Congrats you beat LSU by "1" point and you say LSU is overrated....What does that say about AU. I took it as AU is a VERY good football team, and I would expect AU fans to do the same. But from what I am reading from you guys is that AU is just a plain ole average team that beat an OVERRATED LSU team.

Here's an interesting viewpoint from one of your own...

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=10870&st=0

I know LSU is lucky to by 2-1 rather than 1-2......but to say LSU is overrated doesn't say much for AU. I'm not defending LSU. I am just stating the AU had a big win and I would hope you thought the same....I know it LSU would have won 10-9, I wouldn't be saying AU is overrated.

I hope that none of our guys see this. This is the kind of crapola that makes us thing we're better than we are!

Striving to be no better than 15 in the rankings...wins are sweeter as an underdog.

WDE :au:

WE are where we should be at this point in the season.

#9/ #10.

We beat UT, then we should be #6 or so.

We run the table, win the SEC, then we should be #1.

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!! :au: :roll: :au:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...ings/index.html

What a crazy idea! Rank the teams AFTER they've played a few games and not before. WDE #3

He's been ranking all season, including the preseason. He just adjusts his and doesn't do it based on "who beat who" like the polls do.

Auburn could go undefeated and not get into the NC simply because USC, OU, and West Virginia started off ranked higher and its tough to jump the top teams when those teams win and the new BCS formula doesn't help out much either.

Plus he said he ranked us so high based on the fact that he has seen Auburn and 3 other teams and noone else

WE are where we should be at this point in the season.

#9/ #10.

We beat UT, then we should be #6 or so.

We run the table, win the SEC, then we should be #1.

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!! :au: :roll: :au:

I agree

That high ranking for a team with several more tough games is a departure from SI's usual formula for ranking teams. Instead of #1 being the best team, historically in SI-land it's the team least likely to embarass SI in the final polls (e.g. OU & Miami). We still have some tough games and SI could look silly if we drop 4, my hats off to their new-found cahoonas.

I know LSU is lucky to by 2-1 rather than 1-2......but to say LSU is overrated doesn't say much for AU. I'm not defending LSU. I am just stating the AU had a big win and I would hope you thought the same....I know it LSU would have won 10-9, I wouldn't be saying AU is overrated.

Good lord, LSU fans called everyone they beat last year over-rated in arguments on their own sites......

And now are trying to use the argument on another team?

Get a clue and stop being so hypocritical

Archived