Question about Defense..

woods1110

I saw where our defense was 1st in the SEC and 5th in the NATION. We are only allowing 7.7ppg. I wanted to know if anyone knew where to get the stats for the top 10 defenses in the nation?

I want to see how we compare to the top 4 and how far the 6-10 teams are from us!

Also, is this the best that our D has started a season?

We're 5th in the nation in scoring defense, right?

And I think it's still a little early. We haven't played a really good passing offense yet. Let's see how we handle UT on the road. That's going to be a tough game.

Actually total defense (if im not mistaken) is calculated based on passing yards and rushing yards combined per game.

Based on that Alabama's defense (total not scoring) is 1st in the sec.

Our defense does "bend" but it seems to rarely break. But that's fine by me. We could be last in total D for all I care, the only stat that matters is on the scoreboard.

The top five teams in scoring defense with ppg in parentheses are as follows:

1) Purdue (3.5)

2) Miami (5.0)

3) Wisconsin (5.3)

4) Stanford (6.5)

5) Auburn (7.7)

If my math is correct, we can easily move into the top spot this weekend following this scenario:

1) We have a shutout against the Citadel, this takes our ppg average down to 5.75

2) Purdue gives up at least 11 points to Illinois and pushes them over the average.

3) Miami has to give up at least 8 points to Houston on Thursday.

4) Wisconsin has to give up at least 8 to Penn State

5) Stanford has to give up at least 5 to USC and score a point (we are tied at 5th with USC).

NCAA Football Stats

No, the news said 5th in Total Defense and we were only allowing 7.7ppg. I guess they meant Total D...they could be wrong though!

It's 5th in SCORING "D" and 20th in total....

With all of the questions going into the season, Our "D" has done an outstanding job thus far. Our lbs are a bit smallish, BUT, they can FLY to the ball.

The defensive line looks good, some times GREAT. Dbs are playing better than last year and gettin' better every week.

This bunch is gonna' be real good before the year is done.

Anyone know where we are ranked in overall defense thus far?

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! !

With all of the questions going into the season, Our "D" has done an outstanding job thus far. Our lbs are a bit smallish, BUT, they can FLY to the ball.

The defensive line looks good, some times GREAT. Dbs are playing better than last year and gettin' better every week.

This bunch is gonna' be real good before the year is done.

Anyone know where we are ranked in overall defense thus far?

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! !

I guess great minds think alike WarTim!

I don't know about overall, but in scoring defense we are 5th in the nation! See the thread I started that wesfau posted a link to for more stats!

War Damn Eagle!

I wanted to know if anyone knew where to get the stats for the top 10 defenses in the nation?

Total Defense:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...teamtotdef.html

Scoring Defense:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...eamscordef.html

Site Home:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp

Not bad for a supposed "Weak Link" heading into the Fall.

Not bad at all......................

Actually total defense (if im not mistaken) is calculated based on passing yards and rushing yards combined per game.

Based on that Alabama's defense (total not scoring) is 1st in the sec.

If you let the other guy score, it doesn't really matter. What is it they say about Stats? :D;)

Pat Dye said on Finebaum that "this was the best defense that he has seen at Auburn in a long time". I agree. No big names, just heart and speed!

I think LSU IS a good O. They will do nothing but improve and scared me to death on the first two drives.

Archived