CTT owns LSU and Saban (while at AU)

Boss

While at AU, CTT is 4-2 against LSU and 3-2 against Saban. Looks like we get more for our money at Auburn ($1.5 Mil) than LSU does ($2.5 Mil).

Bring on Phata$$ Phil!!!!!

Watch it...

Looks like we get more for our money at Auburn ($1.5 Mil) than LSU does ($2.5 Mil).

Well, come on....I mean.....I like Auburn but there is a reason Saban is making that extra million....

We are getting our money's worth THIS YEAR. It's still early don't forget. Saban can still get his team to the SEC Championship. And it's not like he works for Auburn, his BOT & Prez won't even think of firing him after one season.

You're right. I have a point to make...I am a big CTT fan and a big Jason Campbell fan. I see the big picture when it comes to each of these fine individuals. Too many of the posters to this board don't. CTT recruits great kids (you dont see our players in the news very much) and JC not only has a great QB rating but is very adept at changing the plays at the line of scrimmage. Brandon Cox will be a great QB at Auburn one day (starting next year) but he is not the QB that JC is (this year at least).

Let's enjoy what we have. This year is going to be very satisfying for AU fans. I sincerely hope CTT will stay after he gets all the offers he's going to get.

Looks like we get more for our money at Auburn ($1.5 Mil) than LSU does ($2.5 Mil).

:blink:

* 1 National Championship, 2 SEC Titles

* 39-13 in 5 years at LSU

* 2003 Associated Press National Coach of the Year

* Saban has a career win-loss record of 82-39-1 for a winning percentage of .676,

Let's not go off deep end...

:au:

CTT is a find coach and he has finally put together a good coaching staff. The first couple of years he tried to be loyal to the guys who had been with him. That did not work out so he went and got Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino. That worked great for one year but Petrino turned out to be too good and got his own HC job. Tommy then was forced to promote Hugh Nall and Hire Ensminger and again was bitten by trying to be loyal to those who were there for him for years. This did not work out but how many of us have gotten jobs because of friends and working ourselves up the ladder. Now Tommy has gotten a real gem of a OC in Al Borges and all you want to do is say Saben is much better than Tommy? Auburn is 3-2 against Saben and the two losses came when we had poor OC's

Tommy is doing all the right things but like the QB needs a good team it takes a good Staff to make the HC look good.

We are 3-0 and have just knocked off the Defending Co-MNC champs. What else do you want?

I will take something from the Corndogs. When LSU made a great play they bowed down to say "we are not worthy". Well for all of you who blast TT and JC you should bow down and beg forgivness. :angry:

War Eagle

CTT is a find coach and he has finally put together a good coaching staff.  The first couple of years he tried to be loyal to the guys who had been with him.  That did not work out so he went and got Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino. That worked great for one year but Petrino turned out to be too good and got his own HC job.  Tommy then was forced to promote Hugh Nall and Hire Ensminger and again was bitten by trying to be loyal to those who were there for him for years.  This did not work out but how many of us have gotten jobs because of friends and working ourselves up the ladder.  Now Tommy has gotten a real gem of a OC in Al Borges and all you want to do is say Saben is much better than Tommy?  Auburn is 3-2 against Saben and the two losses came when we had poor OC's

Tommy is doing all the right things but like the QB needs a good team it takes a good Staff to make the HC look good.

We are 3-0 and have just knocked off the Defending Co-MNC champs.  What else do you want?

I will take something from the Corndogs.  When LSU made a great play they bowed down to say "we are not worthy".  Well for all of you who blast TT and JC you should bow down and beg forgivness. :angry:

War Eagle

1. Tubby was forced to fire Lovett and Mazzone. There were a fair number of people on THIS board that thought that was a bad decision. Loyalty, continuity, blah, blah... How many people still think that was a bad decision???

2. Tubby chose to promote Nall and hire Ensminger.

3. Good Head Coaches (Carroll, Saban, Stoops, Bowden, etc) develop systems around them to breed success. Maybe Tubby has finally reached that point.

4. Read the original post. My post addressed the original post. If you don't like reading factual statements, put your head back in the sand, or where ever it was remove from...

Please don't try the revisionist history ploy... It only works if people don't remember.

:lol:

1. Tubby was forced to fire Lovett and Mazzone. There were a fair number of people on THIS board that thought that was a bad decision. Loyalty, continuity, blah, blah... How many people still think that was a bad decision???

Please don't try the revisionist history ploy... It only works if people don't remember.

There was not a person on this board that felt like Mazzone should have been retained and it is only specualtion to assume CTT did not make that decision alone.

Some wanted Lovett to hang around and I would bet he would have had CTT's hand not been pushed a little on that.

All coaches are only as succesful as their staff. see Mike Shannahan without Alex Gibbs.

CTT is a find coach and he has finally put together a good coaching staff.  The first couple of years he tried to be loyal to the guys who had been with him.  That did not work out so he went and got Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino. That worked great for one year but Petrino turned out to be too good and got his own HC job.  Tommy then was forced to promote Hugh Nall and Hire Ensminger and again was bitten by trying to be loyal to those who were there for him for years.  This did not work out but how many of us have gotten jobs because of friends and working ourselves up the ladder.  Now Tommy has gotten a real gem of a OC in Al Borges and all you want to do is say Saben is much better than Tommy?  Auburn is 3-2 against Saben and the two losses came when we had poor OC's

We are 3-0 and have just knocked off the Defending Co-MNC champs.  What else do you want?

I will take something from the Corndogs.  When LSU made a great play they bowed down to say "we are not worthy".  Well for all of you who blast TT and JC you should bow down and beg forgivness. :angry:

War Eagle

3. Good Head Coaches (Carroll, Saban, Stoops, Bowden, etc) develop systems around them to breed success. Maybe Tubby has finally reached that point.

4. Read the original post. My post addressed the original post. If you don't like reading factual statements, put your head back in the sand, or where ever it was remove from...

I think, and hope that CTT has finally asembled a staff that will take him and us to the next level. Loyality is a commendable trait, but I think he's learned that loyalty alone is not enough to build a working partnership on--competence is equally important!

I've never had any complaints about CTT and his defensive staff(s). He's always had good defenses, and if they had an occasional slip--well, no defense in the history of football has been perfect on every play.

Offensively, Mazzone and Nall were mistakes greatly attributable to loyalty (Although thinking that Nall was capable of continuing Petrino's system without having to install a new one played a role in his case.) With Al Borges, I think maybe the package is complete--but it really is too early to be sure.

I wouldn't say 3-2 constitutes "owning" LSU, but it certainly makes any counter-claims by Corndogs pretty ludicrous.

War Eagle

Anybody that thought that Loser Lovett and Moron Mazzone should stay at Auburn is a fool. Look at the teams they are at now. Clemson just got hammered by Texas A&M, just like we got hammered by Alabama in 2001. It seems that Lovett still has not figured out how to stop a Franchione team. Look at how many games North Carolina State has blown with Mazzone.

anybody else notice the extreme lack of cordogs now that their whining time has expired??

You aint gettin' rid of me that easy. I post when I feel I have something to add.

I will add this, though-

A coach that takes a team from 4-7 and 3-8 two years before his arrival, to 8-4, 10-3, 8-5, and 13-1 with 2 SEC championships and a MNC is worth 2.5 million to me. Time will tell with Tubby.

How many times has our Pres "secretly" tried to hire another coach?

How many SEC championships has AU won with Tubbs? Saban with LSU?

Who is more secure at there school, Tubbs or Saban?

Which coach would the rest of the SEC wish to get rid of Saban or Tubbs?

BTW, nice win this weekend. Good luck the rest of the year.

GC Tiger - I don't know the answer to that - but I know LSU tried to hire CTT while he was at Auburn.

I will support CTT much more if he gives back the $1. . .million dollars from last years debacle caused by promoting Nall and hiring Emsinger . .

Until then, anything he does good this year is payback for last year.

I for one am ready to put nallsminger behind me. I am not gonna dwell on that negativity anymore. Both those guys are working hard to make this years team a winner.

I gotta admit that I didn't have a problem w/ it when tubs did it. Only after the obvious results did I realize that it was a mistake. Same for tubs I'm sure.

Tubs is not a football genius, but he is learning. Yes, he has been a little too loyal to his friends, I think he is learning from that too.

Go Tubby, Go Tubby! Turn the corner, turn the corner! :au:

Give $1 mil. back? You gotta be kidding. If tubs left tomorrow the foundation he has laid would be worth all monies paid out. Here's to tubs building on that foundation himself! :au:

"3-2 against Saban. Looks like we get more for our money at Auburn ($1.5 Mil) than LSU does ($2.5 Mil)."

Huh ???

3-2 thats owning ????

Auburns a great team, but I hardly thing 3-2 (And the 3 being a 1 point win at home) owning, I call it pretty darn equal football teams.

Also Saban has 2 SEC titles and a National Championship..... I have no beef against Tubs, but to say beating LSU 3 out of 5 times is bigger then that.. Well... Nevermind.

While at AU, CTT is 4-2 against LSU and 3-2 against Saban. Looks like we get more for our money at Auburn ($1.5 Mil) than LSU does ($2.5 Mil).

CTT 3-0 at home vs. Saban

CTT 0-2 at LSU vs. Saban

Hardly any advantage since the home team holds the edge, but...

CTT - 1 SEC Western Division title

Saban - 2 SEC Championships

1 BCS National Championship

CTT - 5-6 - 1999

9-3 - 2000

7-4 - 2001

9-4 - Captiol One Bowl Champions - 2002

8-5 - Music City Bowl Champions - 2003

3-0 - 2004

--------------------------

TOTAL: 41-22 in 5 years - 65.1% winning percentage

Saban - 8-4 - Peach Bowl Champions - 2000

10-3 - Sugar Bowl Champions, SEC Champions - 2001

8-5 - 2002

13-1 - Sugar Bowl Champions, SEC Champions,

BCS National Champions - 2003

2-1 - 2004

----------------------------

TOTAL: 41 - 14 in 4 years - 74.5% winning percentage

Hmmmm. CTT 1 year more at Auburn than Saban at LSU and the same number of wins. Saban 2 SEC Championships and 1 BCS National Championship in 4 years, CTT 0 SEC Championships and 0 National Championships in 5 years.

You're right! Auburn does get more bang for its buck.

:blink:

* 1 National Championship, 2 SEC Titles

* 39-13 in 5 years at LSU

* 2003 Associated Press National Coach of the Year

* Saban has a career win-loss record of 82-39-1 for a winning percentage of .676,

Let's not go off deep end...

I agree.

3-2 = owns? :poke:

10-9 = "owns" IN 2004 ! ! ! :au::lol::lol::poke:

Dammit... :angry:

;):lol:

GC Tiger - I don't know the answer to that - but I know LSU tried to hire CTT while he was at Auburn.

I will support CTT much more if he gives back the $1. . .million dollars from last years debacle caused by promoting Nall and hiring Emsinger . .

Until then, anything he does good this year is payback for last year.

Good way of looking at this season... Payback.

Archived