Does Tuberville Stay?

JTTIGER

I am somewhat hesitant to even bring this topic up, but what the hay. Let's face it; TT had to be less than happy about JETGATE and if the truth was known, has not forgiven the people involved. If, by chance Auburn should win 10 or 11 games this year his stock will rise. There is no doubt that he will be offered other jobs. Question: Does TT tell Auburn to kiss his ... and leave while on top? Or does he remain in Auburn and keep his children in a small town with a great school system? I am interested in your thoughts. Maybe a good survey topic!

Here's what I say

How bout we enjoy this year. We are looking to have a great team that can do some great things. We need to stay behind our coach 100% and support him through this whole season. I'm tired of hearing people speculate as to how long he's going to be around. Let's be glad that we have someone who is classy and can win us some games and enjoy that, not toss it aside and ramble about how long he's going to be here. I think CTT loves Auburn and I hope that all of the Auburn family will stay behind him no matter what we do this year.

WDE

very good question. I myself don't really have a clue. However one thing is certain and that is he will do what he feels is best for himself and his family. Eithe ray life goes on.

War Eagle

I thought the same thing, but recall this:

1) His kids and wife are very happy in Auburn. It's probably not a good time to have his kid move somewhere else.

2) Ole Miss --> Auburn = Huge Raise and Big Promotion.

Auburn --> ? = Who knows

Where could Tubs go that is better than Auburn when it comes to the height of College Football. Coaches go to better footall programs and where would he go? I'm not saying the following programs are better, but they are the only ones at Auburn's level:

Alabama: That would be funny actually, but I don't think Bama would take an Auburn coach.

Oklahoma, Ohio St., USC, Georgia, Miami, LSU all have programs with secure coaches that don't seem to be leaving anytime soon (Unless Saban bolts).

Florida St. has a coach that will be retiring in the near future, but next year.

Penn St. has a coach that will be retiring when nobody knows. PSU won't force him out for Tubs.

Tennessee: Fulmer - ya never know, but I do not see him being replaced.

That leaves 3 schools: Florida, Michigan & Texas. Rumors have it that Michigan should get a new coach. Same goes with Texas because the guy can't beat Oklahoma. These offers would be interesting to Tubs, but they are the Big 10 and the Big 12. Conferences are weak compared to the SEC. That leaves Florida. We'll have to see how Zooky does.

I could only see Tubs going to an Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Georgia, Miami, FSU, or Florida. UF and Texas are the only possibilities out of those schools. It's all about odds of Auburn doing well and those 2 coaches being fired.

Tubs is one of the highest paid coaches in the NCAA. He knows where he stands and that he holds the power in his hands if he wins the SEC this year. He can hold Richardson by the strings and I think he would rather have that power.

My post is not about supporting TT or sbout how much we need to be behind him. I cherish his character, but realize that he will have offers should he have a great year. Does he have the last laugh as he walks away?

Honestly, the only drawback to coaching at Auburn would be the endless "lets fir the coach" talk that seems to hang like a dark cloud around the school.

Thay and the stupidity of some "fans" that can't wait for an excuse, any excuse, to bring up this type of rubbish. :blink::rolleyes:

Well, I don't think it is a stupid topic, nor rubbish. If Tub becomes a hot commodity, logic would dictate that he look over his hand and then make an informed decision. I don't know Tub, but one would think that Jetgate is not one of his cherished memories. That said, I suspect that all schools have a certain level of nonsense with which one must endure. While AU takes some heat from time to time for having meddling power brokers, I don't know that we are that different from other major schools.

I want AU to have a VERY good year for two reasons. First, I'm an AU fan. Second, I want to see Tuberville get his vindication.

It appears Auburn is at a reload versus rebuild state. After this last weekend we once again have to opporuinity to gain a clear upper hand over the other university.

If he stays we can stay there. If he leaves by his choice or other choice everything reverses -- again.

If Notre Dame falters again I wonder if the folks in South Bend will be looking.

Doesn't Tuberville have it in his contract that if he leaves Auburn of his own accord he pays us his buyout? Thats alot of money to pay to change jobs.

Unless we fire him I think he finishes here. If he were to have the big season and win the SEC then his recruiting is going to go up, especially if he were to get a BCS win, and will probably be on the verge of getting more 10 win seasons and Atlanta trips.

Look out Tim! I am certainly not one of the fire TT fans. I just wonder what must be in the back of his mind?

Why must there be something "in the back of his mind"?

Oh for the days of a little loyalty and a whole lot of expecting the best from folks.

Maybe, just maybe, Coach Tuberville is right where he wants to be and right where he wants to raise his family. After all, if ever a man had the chance to take the $$ and run, it was Coach Tuberville this past season.

Maybe, just maybe, he is a better man than those that attempted to drive the knife deep in his back.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

I have met CTT (a few times and for no indepth interview btw) but I think I have gotten a few insights on him.

1) He expects excellence. The man is fifty and could probably run half the team into the ground. He knows that this has not been the easiest trip so far for Him, his family, the team, nor even the AU Family.

2) He is incredibly loyal. (I know, shut up to the Ole Miss fans.) But CTT is leaving a big mark here at AU. We have given him Carte Blanche and he knows it. He has huge fan support, a great job, a lot of time, talent, energy etc. invested in this place. I think he stays btw.

3) He is likely very upset at the BOT, but that is part of life in College Football. Disgruntled fans and boosters come with the territory. Preaching is a great job, except with having to deal with some Christians. :rolleyes:

4) He has the foundation laid to be here forever. He graduates kids. He has them in class. He does not have them in jail. He has Chette Williams involved with them and in many respects has built up a model "ministry" of a program that he can now showcase with others.

He built this program from the ground up. It is CTT's program. He would take a huge step back to leave for somewhere else where the program woould have to be rebuilt, re-established, re-worked. The amount of work done here at AU is phenomenal.

Looking ahead, and I will stand by this until I am proved totally wrong, I see CTT here for many years. He is the second most longlived coach in the SEC now. Only Fulmer has been on the job longer and the feud with :ua: is just cranking up. Cutcliffe may not survive the season if ole Miss doesnt improve dramatically. Richt may leave for FSU after Bowden. Saban could eventually leave for the NFL again. Etc.

I no longer see CTT in the NFL anywhere. I truly feel that HE feels more at home here with his team, his coaches, his "extended family."

The wildcard in this is the "Morons on the BOT factor." But as with all successful people, I think they too can see that CTT has the team and program on a sound foundation and well managed too.

Maybe, just maybe, Coach Tuberville is right where he wants to be and right where he wants to raise his family. After all, if ever a man had the chance to take the $$ and run, it was Coach Tuberville this past season.

Maybe, just maybe, he is a better man than those that attempted to drive the knife deep in his back.

If Coach Tuberville wanted out he would have split then, and rightly I couldn't have blamed the man after the way "some" tried to screw over CTT. I am and always have been a fan of TT, I think he will be a good if not GREAT coach for :au: given time to do his work and not worry about midnight trips. With a good year this year its a way for CTT, as well as the fans who sent all the letters and calls of support to say "Take that!" to the powers the be in :au: and TT wouldn't miss it for the world I think.

WDE!

I've heard rumors of TT being our next AD.

Then who would be our coach? :unsure:

Cant be our next AD. Richardson has promised a new AD by the end of the month or early October.

BTW< the buyouts for CTT are huge either way, so barring a complete meltdown I think he will be with us a long time.

I think, no matter what team, if you have a half way decent coach you better get behind him and keep him as long as possible. Don't see that many top line coaches out there in line for work. Getting harder and harder to take them from existing schools without selling the farm. Of course Willingham or Zook may be available soon! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

i hope coach tubs stays....the Lord knows that i have made enough calls and written enough emails on his behalf.....let's face it,AU is a screwed up place as far as administration and politics are concerned...until lowder is ridden out on a rail, it will be this way....some things never change.....ed richardson rode on paul hubbards coattails while he was state superintendent and he just swapped vehicles in his move to AU.....i thought he was going to do the right thing,but he has either been persuaded to move to the lowder corner, or he let a little authority go to his head....the interview with the looseranna paper shows that he isn't the brightest star in the sky by itself,but the reply i recieved from him concerning that interview proved it.....the sooner a new AD and Prez are hired the better.....as long as lowder is the evil ruler at AU,we will never move beyond where we have been for years....he may be most powerful man in the state.....

tuberville is a class act....sure, he screwed up with nall ball last year......he has manny more positives than negatives.....who the hell would we get any better?....the whole damn country knows how things are at AU....personally, if coach tubs is messed with any more, i would like to say that i will be far less interested in AU sports than anytime in my life......i have not missed a game in 45 years,not one single game......that is by being in attendance,radio,tv,ect,so that is a big statement for me.....another embarrassment like jetgate will be more than i can stand.....richardson's interview is bad enough.....i hope a bunch of others emailed the SOB and expressed their feelings toward his statements in that interview.....if not, go for it.....stuff like that is not needed during the season,especially during a season that is as promising as this one,and the prez of a major university should know that

Good topic JT. This is a discussion that should be spun in a positive light. "IF" CTT and the team come through and have a very successful season, will he be swayed by other offers? A good problem to have. Ask LSU after last season and it's certainly better than the alternative. If our coach becomes a hot commodity, that means we've all enjoyed watching a great season.

I want to see CTT and AU be successful and one of the benefits of that happening is winding up with a great representative for our team and the university.

Cant be our next AD. Richardson has promised a new AD by the end of the month or early October.

Wait...back in early august didn't Richardson promise a new AD in three weeks?

Why must we talk about who will be our next coach? TT is doing a great job right now, even though I suspect there were about four persons (some who are on the BOT) who were sorry to see Auburn win the LSU game.

Richardson's remarks about TT's job not being secure put a real damper on the Asst. Coaches the week of the LSU game, bur they did their job. If we each put ourselves in a position where we were being continually questioned about how long we would be able to hold our job regardless of how good we were doing, would we want to live with that pressure...and subject our families to that constant pressure..or would we say..hey...I'm tired of this and move on when the time was right.

Given the past circumstances, it doesn't seem like his job is overly secure. I think a lot of the issues last year were because of the season we had versus what we should've had. I know that there is still a bad taste in everyone's mouth about the incidents last year. That's the only reason I'd say his job would be in any jeopardy. The Auburn people (fans) love him. We've had a decent amount of success under him. Obviously an SEC ring, or better, would've been nice. I think he can make a solid coach that could hang around for a while. If he can keep a decent OC (ala Borges) I think he could get us over the hump. I think at a football school in the South your job is never 100% secure until you win a ring.

I truly feel that HE feels more at home here with his team, his coaches, his "extended family."

I will admit I was pretty upset after the beginning of last season. But there was something about Tubs that kept me from getting on the "Fire CTT" bandwagon. I never met the man, but the impression that I have gotten of him parallels what David said. I'm happy to have him.

I rarely see folks from auburn ever question CTT as a man. Its the fact that he is more loyal to friend in respect to his job, then he is to Auburn.

Honestly, even if CTT led us to a MNC (which I don't think will happen) and then left to go somewhere else, I would be ok with that.

Archived