Crazy stat I heard today...

Erik81

Maybe Stat can back me up but I heard that against LSU Carnell had 77 net yards rushing. He was tackled for a loss two or three times. His total yards after contact was 85! :o I think that is awesome especially against LSU.

Maybe Stat can back me up but I heard that against LSU Carnell had 77 net yards rushing. He was tackled for a loss two or three times. His total yards after contact was 85! :o I think that is awesome especially against LSU.

I saw the same stat posted on ITAT after the game but I can't verify his YAC yardage.

His total yards after contact was 85! :o I think that is awesome especially against LSU.

It's great in that he was able to do that, but it's also kinda sad.

Sad, that in order to amass 85 yac, he had to have been hit at the LOS virtually every play, which doesn't say too much for our OL's performance. If we are going to beat ugaly, that ratio (77/85) has to change.

Sad, that in order to amass 85 yac, he had to have been hit at the LOS virtually  every play, which doesn't say too much for our OL's performance. If we are going to beat ugaly, that ratio (77/85) has to change.

Nah, LSU's D-line will probably be the best we see all year. Plus, they stacked the box more times than not and that's why we beat them with the pass. Having both Carnell AND Ronnie running for us is really helping us this year. Ronnie is not just Carnell's backup like he was last year. Sure, Carnell may not get as many yards as last year but our offense looks so much better than last year's. Overall, I'm really impressed with what Borges has done with our offense so far.

Sad, that in order to amass 85 yac, he had to have been hit at the LOS virtually  every play, which doesn't say too much for our OL's performance. If we are going to beat ugaly, that ratio (77/85) has to change.

Nah, LSU's D-line will probably be the best we see all year. Plus, they stacked the box more times than not and that's why we beat them with the pass. Having both Carnell AND Ronnie running for us is really helping us this year. Ronnie is not just Carnell's backup like he was last year. Sure, Carnell may not get as many yards as last year but our offense looks so much better than last year's. Overall, I'm really impressed with what Borges has done with our offense so far.

Good point Numa. But I think that everyone will stack the box against us and make JC beat them.

:au:

UGA still has a damn good defense. I just hope we will run at Pollack every time and show the nation that he isn't that good. Thomas Davis and Odell Thurman are very good and UGA will be better when we play them. LSU probably has the best front 4 we'll see all year, but UGA is pretty close.

UGA still has a damn good defense. I just hope we will run at Pollack every time and show the nation that he isn't that good. Thomas Davis and Odell Thurman are very good and UGA will be better when we play them. LSU probably has the best front 4 we'll see all year, but UGA is pretty close.

Please do. It has yet to work for anyone else :D

Come on, if the guy has one good year I could see it but after 2 straight years of being on not only the media but the coaches All-American list...

i think pollack is a man; i just don't think he's THE man. he's really good. great pass rusher/play maker. i think he gets blown out of proportion by the media (and come on, do you really wanna throw your argument in the hands of the voting coaches that admittedly watch few games beyond their own?).

i think he'll be the second end taken out of the sec in the nfl draft b/c the nfl rarely cares about your press clippings and looks more at what you can do. he's not as big as marcus spears. he doesn't play the run as well. and at best, they run equal forties. pollack is really good. he's just been a little overblown since that south carolina play. it had the same impact on his career as alex brown's 3 sack day against ut as a frosh had on his. pollack's better than brown, but he's not the best end even in the college game.

Oh, trust me....you will NOT see me calling him an NFL dream....

I am strictly speaking NCAA

As for the he hasn't done much since 2001 USC game...

I mean......are you kidding me?

Pollack's a great off-ball player. Pass rushing, against the run when it's not to his side, etc. but I agree that he's not as good if you run right at him. He's still an All-American for all those other reasons, but I'm taking AUHansel's back on this one: run right at him.

I think Pollack is a beast at DE. I have watched teams try to avoid him without much success. I think he is a better pass rusher than a run stopper from what I have seen. He is also friends with David Green... :hearts:

I think Pollack is a beast at DE. I have watched teams try to avoid him without much success. I think he is a better pass rusher than a run stopper from what I have seen. He is also friends with David Green... :hearts:

You have to run right at guys like that...they eat up the back side. It's the only way we used to beat the team up the road when they had guys like that "Biscuit" fellow. RUN RIGHT AT HIM!!! :D

I think Pollack is a beast at DE.  I have watched teams try to avoid him without much success.  I think he is a better pass rusher than a run stopper from what I have seen.  He is also friends with David Green... :hearts:

You have to run right at guys like that...they eat up the back side. It's the only way we used to beat the team up the road when they had guys like that "Biscuit" fellow. RUN RIGHT AT HIM!!! :D

good point ;)

Nice to see discussion of players that aren't on our team! I've got to think that Pollack is going to go further in the NFL though. He seems to have a pretty darn good head on his shoulders, as well as a ton of talent. Let's just hope he doesn't have a game at JH in November.

If Cadillac had 77 net rushing yards and 85 yards after contact, that means he was dropped for some losses on first contact (say 3 runs for -10 yards total) and then made nearly every last yard of the day after contact. So LSU was hitting him, on average, right as he got to the line of scrimage. If this is what we can expect with less-than-spectacular run blocking from the O-line, then I'd say we're in great shape!

2 great games for Campbell in succession. The kid is making me a believer, even after living next door to him and cussing him for a year.

WDE! :au:

If our O-line will continue to improve throughout the season like hte normally do under Nall, then I think we will be okay when it comes to Georgia. I think we need to run the ball right at Pollack, too, because he can stop the pass and he can get to the ball and make open field tackles with the best of them. Not too many people have tried the other scenario and I think it just may work. As far as Im concerned, Auburn has some payback to do for last year's blowout in Athens and the horrible, crushing, miserable loss we suffered at the hands of them in 2002. However, we do not need to be concerned about this game until after the Ole Miss game on October 30th.

In the meantime, beat the other Bulldogs and then worry about Tennessee.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Archived