Capital City Classic: Auburn - 2 vs. Alabama - 1 FINAL

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always nice to beat the Updykes and win a pitchers dual! I think game 3 vs. ASU gave us some confidence.

Always nice to beat the Updykes and win a pitchers dual! I think game 3 vs. ASU gave us some confidence.

That was just so....entertaining.  ;D

WDE!

The pitching staff did incredibly well tonight, however, the offense has got to be better. Irvin pitched two great innings as did Blatt and Morris. Hendrix pitched the most important inning of the game i think in the 3rd when runners were on 2nd and 3rd and Alabama didnt score. KP has got to learn to hit off speed pitches as does Alvord. Gamache had another good day at the plate as did McElroy till he got spiked. I look for us to be great again this year. WAR EAGLE!!!

KP's problem is he watches fastballs right down the middle and then swings at an off speed pitch in the dirt the very next pitch. I saw him do it twice against ASU Sunday and at least once tonight. Our team needs to be more aggressive at the plate as a whole. We look at wayyy too many first pitch fastball strikes and then we are battling up hill the rest of the at bat.

Tigers go down in order in the top of the first. Fradejas has switched back with Creede and going in CF. I'm not positive but I think something might be up with Tony Caldwell. This makes three games in a row where he hasn't started

TC has tendonitis in his throwing arm.  Sure do miss him.

Archived