Hey there Tigers and Eagles

AtomicCityPitbulls

Just wanted to drop in and say good luck with this weekend and not that im looking past LA. Tech but i cant way to see you guys and the Vols hook up on the 2nd. If we cant stop the run yall will run all over us like last year but hopefully we can make it as exciting as the two games we played this past weekend. Also if you guys and gals wanna come chat on our turf sometime we would be more than happy to have you, come check us out at www.voltalk.com and give us some feedback. Good luck this weekend.

man whats up with all the nice Vols on here

Thanks for the classy post it's about time we had some folks on here that like to talk football and not just smack.

I was going to but I am the Tech Director for a play in my town so I have to be home on sunday so unfortuantely I can't but I am having a party at my house with my new big screen with HD WOO HOO. I really hate that I can't b/c I have never even been to Knoxville.

Yeah bless little Jasons heart he has taken so much punishment and he deserves to get some praise. He proved under Petrino that he could flourish and I think he will continue to do so under Al Borges.

Welcome, AtomicCity! The Vols fans that I met in 1998 and again last year were great. Before the game, it was great, almost like a "Brothers until kickoff." After the game, we delighted in all things Anti-Bama.

I can't make this years trip, though. UT is one of the few places I've never seen Auburn play.

Good luck this weekend against La Tech!

They talked about the Vols "2 QB system" on ESPN either last night or this morning (it's all a fog of being too tired). Everyone thinks Ainge has solidified himself as the starter. The team worries me though. They've got big, strong and fast receivers and a QB with a great arm. If their run defense tightens up before next weekend the AU Nation could be in for a long day.

You can make a good argument either way, but if its working why mess with it?

Because eventually all 2 QB systems falter. It'd be a shame for UT to lose a shot at going somewhere due to a poor coaching decision.

You can make a good argument either way, but if its working why mess with it?

Because eventually all 2 QB systems falter. It'd be a shame for UT to lose a shot at going somewhere due to a poor coaching decision.

I agree with you that platooning QB's has always failed. Thinking about it though, in other duel QB systems I remember both QB's were either bad or medicore. This is a case where both are playing very well, Schaeffer 4 drives for over 80 yards, Ainge 6 drives for over 80 yards. We are actually pushing the wall with 2 QB system and both being freshmen. No one ever won and SEC championship with either let alone both. Still we are lovin it so far!

Welcome China.......Also most people that try it with the exception of Georgia and a few others have QBs that bring a lot of the same things to the table. These two guys are really different and also they get drives not alternating which to me would be stupid if you tried to do that every play.

i think it helps that both clearly make mistakes too. it's really hard for either of them to look in the mirror and think he has clearly beaten out the other guy. whereas in most other cases it seems like the coaches are just being stubborn (like uga putting in shockley when he's clearly not on greene's level). but what the heck do i know.

i hope those guys keep playing well, but i also hope our defense turns in an lsu-like performance so that we can keep them on their backs.

Archived