Trevor Lacey (updated 4/11/11 9:13 am cst)

waregl87

I have long heard that UK and Bama are his top two -- and honestly, I think UK is the heavy favorite -- but someone reported on here a few weeks ago that we had made a major move for him.

Just wonderin' if anybody had any info. TIA.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Huntsville and the buzz here is UK and uat.  He may have qualifying issues regardless of where he goes.

Trevor will announce April 22nd at the State Championship celebration at Butler High school. Don't know who he will chose though.

When will yall ever start listening?

Nothing new. It's AU or UK.

Basically....if Knight and/or Lamb leave early he will go to UK.

He wants to play now. Which if he comes our way he would for sure. But he is glamorized by the Big Blue there at UK.

When will yall ever start listening?

Nothing new. It's AU or UK.

Basically....if Knight and/or Lamb leave early he will go to UK.

He wants to play now. Which if he comes our way he would for sure. But he is glamorized by the Big Blue there at UK.

SWestbrook can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was more contigent on Lamb than anything Knight will do. UK already has a 5 star pg committed for next year so if Lacey is going to get major minutes it will come from Lamb's sg position.

It's more of the decision of Lamb. Knight has nothing to do with it. UK has a 5* signed at every position except Trevor's for this upcoming class. (I'm assuming Davis will play C at UK).

He also wants to see if someone else is going to commit to UK before he does. Basically that tells me he doesn't know if they will have room for him.

And he wants playing time. I've never seen Trevor sit the bench in my life.. Yeah he even beat me out at shooting guard :o Shocking, I know.

Let's see...he wants immediate playing time, and he could play at one of the nicest facilities in the country.

Yep, sounds like Auburn!  :thumbsup:

But seriously, I completely understand why he'd wanna go to UK. In addition to coming to play at the new arena, Lacey would also have a GREAT chance to come be our lone superstar, whereas he's just gonna be one of the guys at UK. I figure that would work in our favor.

I wish him the best of luck no matter what he decides. Here's to hoping Doron Lamb stays in school!  :)

Let's see...he wants immediate playing time, and he could play at one of the nicest facilities in the country.

But seriously, I completely understand why he'd wanna go to UK. In addition to coming to play at the new arena, Lacey would also have a GREAT chance to come be our lone superstar, whereas he's just gonna be one of the guys at UK. I figure that would work in our favor.

I wish him the best of luck no matter what he decides. Here's to hoping Doron Lamb stays in school!  :)

Completely agree. Good post.

Please God, just don't let him go to Bama. We'll have a stronger, lasting foundation if we win some in-state battles.

WDE!

Please God, just don't let him go to Bama. We'll have a stronger, lasting foundation if we win some in-state battles.

WDE!

I'm really not that worried about Alabama in the future. Grant inherited a goldmine from Gottfried and once his talent runs out Alabama will go back to mediocrity for a while. Grant's a good coach, but he's no Billy Donovan.

I highly doubt Grant will be coaching at Alabama next season.. Just by the interest he's getting from GT and supposedly UT.

Tech isn't a great job, and don't imagine they'll pay him what he's making at Bama--they owe Hewitt quite a bit of coin. And, I doubt he'd leave Bama for UT. That whole athletic department is in turmoil--they'll be lucky to find a coach the quality of Grant.

Now, I could see Arkansas if they were interested. And I could see him going to Florida one day if Donovan retired/left.

WDE!

GT is a much better job than bama!!

I'd say that over the history of both programs, Tech has been the better job. But today, I don't think that job is all that great. Being in ATL may be nice for recruiting, but I think their athletics are getting lost in all the other sports there as well as UGA.

I simply don't see Grant taking a pay cut--Bama has stepped it up from that standpoint. They're Laing him well. Tech will end up like Clemson last year--someone that's not all that well known yet. There are two coaches in Richmond, VA that have their teams in the Sweet 16. They could do a lot worse than those two dudes.

WDE!

WDE!

Well living in Atl they think GT is a one of the better jobs to have. They are building a new multiple purpose arena for BB. I believe it is in the $60 or 70 million range. Not really sure

UPDATE:

Trevor went to the Alabama basketball game tonight and from what I've been told he's put Bama back up with Auburn and UK.. It's gonna be a dogfight for him till the end. The crowd got a huge Trevor Lacey chant going and he stood up and thanked them for the support. And he met Julio Jones tonight as well.

Here's the picture for those that are interested:

189727_199655140054628_100000304297802_608341_7490394_n.jpg

Who's the guy on the right?

UPDATE:

Trevor went to the Alabama basketball game tonight and from what I've been told he's put Bama back up with Auburn and UK.. It's gonna be a dogfight for him till the end. The crowd got a huge Trevor Lacey chant going and he stood up and thanked them for the support. And he met Julio Jones tonight as well.

Here's the picture for those that are interested:

189727_199655140054628_100000304297802_608341_7490394_n.jpg

Man, our basketball crowds need to be knowledgable enough about basketball recruiting to be able to chant players' names at games. Hope we can sway him our way

Our student section started a chant when he was here.

Man, our basketball crowds need to be knowledgable enough about basketball recruiting to be able to chant players' names at games. Hope we can sway him our way

Our student section started a chant when he was here.

Oh okay, my bad. I must not have been at that game. I retract my statement  :tease:

Archived