Trevor Lacey (updated 4/11/11 9:13 am cst)

waregl87

Who's the guy on the right?

Maybe he is the "walk-on" that will be his room mate if he signs with UA?

:dunno:

:laugh:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a strange pic- 2 young, elite athletes with a short, balding white guy. Let's see here, who looks a wee bit out of place? Ha!

Through the 'Cats Elite Eight run, recruiting has been pushed to back seat for a steady time.

However, it isn't completely pushed aside.

In fact, Trevor Lacey is getting ready to wind his recruitment down... And Kentucky is supposed to be right there in the top two teams, right?

Well, that is what people are assuming. But is it accurate?

Today I had a close source to Lacey tell me that the top prospect remaining in the Class of 2011 is down to two teams: Alabama and Auburn.

"Trevor is down to Alabama and Auburn, and he is favoring the Tide."

Lacey has reportedly already made his decision and has told WAFF-48 (Huntsville, Ala.) that he has made up his mind as where he will attend college.

I have been a firm believer from the beginning that Lacey would stay in the state of Alabama, and most preferably to the Tide.

Lacey wants to be the no. 1 option, and let's be honest, he can't achieve that greatness at the University of Kentucky with other top players. On the flip side, at Alabama he will be able to with an up-and-coming Alabama squad.

The sharp shooter also attended Alabama's win over Miami earlier in the week that propelled them to New York City and the semifinals of the NIT. The fans really showed him the love while he was in town, too.

I know UK fans have been wanting this kid, but it looks like he will stay home with his childhood favorite.

Kentucky just needs to stick to Braeden Anderson, Stan Simpson, and God's Gift Anchiuwa.

I would bet that Grant as well as other SEC coaches are telling Lacey as well as other recruits that Barbee has not yet signed his contract with AU. That may be standard practice among coaches and universities/colleges, but to recruits, it may be giving the impression that the coach is not happy at the university and may be ready to bolt when a new opportunity arises. If Lacey truly wants to be the FIRST option, what better place to be than AU? After all, now that JaMichael Green has stated that he's returning to the Tide for his senior year, who's to say that Lacey would be the #1 option at Bama?

• 2 weeks later...

Last I heard bama was in the lead

A couple of days ago on JOX (maybe late last week), the bama homers on the Roundtable said that they were hearing Auburn is leading.  I'll take that to mean nobody really knows anything yet.

On rare occasions, fast is good. :laugh::bow:

Very good indeed.  This is a very good sign being this late in the process.  Lets just hope we can hold on to the lead.  He has apparently postponed his scheduled announcement and will be visiting Auburn again.

On rare occasions, fast is good. :laugh::bow:

Very good indeed.  This is a very good sign being this late in the process.  Lets just hope we can hold on to the lead.  He has apparently postponed his scheduled announcement and will be visiting Auburn again.

fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-good.gif

Bryan Matthews is reporting that Lacey has scheduled an official visit to Auburn. Not a member so I can't read the article, but I assume it's going to be in the next couple of weekends.

Bryan Matthews is reporting that Lacey has scheduled an official visit to Auburn. Not a member so I can't read the article, but I assume it's going to be in the next couple of weekends.

I'm pretty sure he has already had his official but the word is he is coming in on A Day weekend and will announce soon after.

Makes no sence for a coach to be at your school for a complete year with no contract. Not very happy about this... IF Barbee stays, the moment he starts winning he most likly will leave because of this crap...

Archived