Trevor Lacey (updated 4/11/11 9:13 am cst)

waregl87

Makes no sence for a coach to be at your school for a complete year with no contract. Not very happy about this... IF Barbee stays, the moment he starts winning he most likly will leave because of this crap...

Don't jump to conclusions.. Have you not read that he's happy at AU? Jacobs said in an interview yesterday that the contract is almost completed anyways. Just minor details being negotiated.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news that we are leading right now and he has a visit with us.  Great work Coach Barbee!

War Eagle!

Great news that we are leading right now and he has a visit with us.   Great work Coach Barbee!

War Eagle!

Considering that it's like this even though Barbee's on the ropes...I like the future of AU basketball.

Al.com reporting that Coach Grant and the Kansas both making visits to Butler High Thursday. Lacey says he has no top two despite what media reports say.

I'll take AU on campus visit over that anyday.

Al.com reporting that Coach Grant and the Kansas both making visits to Butler High Thursday. Lacey says he has no top two despite what media reports say.

I'll take AU on campus visit over that anyday.

Ditto

I wouldn't worry about Kansas. Ben McLemore, #4 SG on Rivals, committed to them recently

If things don't work out with Lacey, I would love for Coach Barbee to make a trip to Georgia.

Kevin Ware  Conyers, Ga.  Shooting Guard 6'4 167 lbs. Was previoulsly committed/signed with Tennessee. Was let out of his LOI after Pearl was fired. Has offers from Tenn, Georgia, UCF, Georgetown, UCLA, Louisville, South Carolina, Alabama and Virginia. I wouldn't mind adding our name to that list.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Kevin-Ware-80046

Great post move and dunk by him.

mario-chalmers-si.jpg

1123_large.jpg

danny-manning-001289451.jpg?w=555&h=777

My bad....it's the weirdest thing!  I thought I clicked on AuburnEagle.com and it took me to KansasJayhawk.com.

Strange.  Very strange.

:-\

3329492551_128b473ba0.jpg

:dunno:  ;)

I reply to that only with this.....

Oh yes I did..

Porter.jpg

Lol, Chris Porter came into Bottcher's while I was working there, and my wife (who was just my girlfriend then) said to him "man, you dunk like no other."  She had a few drinks in her, so imagine it coming out really slurred  :laugh:

Bottchers?  My brother-in-law always talks about how that place was the place to be back in the day.  When I was in school Bodega was the place to be, now it's sky bar

I spent an extended time in Auburn  ;D

So Bottcher's was the place to be while I was there, but it had shifted more to Bodega and anywhere downtown before I finally left.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the turds have apparently fought their way back into the picture, guys.  I'm hoping Trevor will stick to that visit that's supposed to happen this weekend.  If so then I still like our chances.  'Just giving ya'll a heads up so you won't be surprised if you start hearing he's leaning their way again.

I believe as of now he is actually going to A-Day in Tuscaloosa unfortunately.

However, we do have Mobley deciding this week so hopefully he will pull the trigger for the good guys.

Latest interview he gave, he said something to the fact that he's been hearing on message boards from ALL 3 schools (AU, ua, and UK) that he was "leaning toward this school and has eliminated that school", but he CLAIMS that none of it is true! He plans to visit all 3 one more time and then have his decision afterward. So, I'd rather THAT be true than your report J-S, but I know that you just report what you hear, so....  :'(

:believe:

Lacey is set to visit us this weekend. CTB and staff still feels confident and has also kept communication open with Calipari as well on the issue. I think if not UK it's us and vice versa. My personal thoughts are they both trying to push Bama out. Players were free to have last weekend off because of pending visit this weekend. So let's hope for best and keep fingers crossed !

Archived