Navy Blue, Orange, and Auburn: A plea to keep trad

weagleweagle

Theres a special feeling that I get sometimes when I do or see certain things. Its a mixture of old friends long gone, cherished memories, family, pride, and pure and simple nostaliga. Bass fishing with the sun comming up over the trees, hearing a train in the distance, the crunch of footsteps on dried leaves in the fall, or the smell of turkey and dressing on thanksgiving are all things that give me that "chill" that make me say Ahhhhhh! Perhaps the biggest one of these for me is the look of AU's jerseys and the look of Jordan-Hare. Some things are just not made to be changed, or tinkered with. Period. Those navy blue jeresys allow me to relive glorious times that I count myself lucky enough to have witnessed. Like 30-20, Slack to Wasden, Ace Atkin's sacking Danny Wureffel and standing triumphantly over the crumpled back, or cheers of weagle weagle, or GoBoGoBoGoBo. To change the home jeresy would taint all that. To change the beautiful white away jeresys would damper other great memories such as Bo over the top and Andray Bruce busting USC QB Rodney Peete in the Citrus Bowl or Tillman's reverse to victory in B'ham in '86. For those of you who want orange jereseys please realize this. Did you like the orange backshadow on the numbers of the Bowden Era? Did you like the New Endzone logos? If anything paint the facemasks orange for a game to tribute the 83' team who was the last to don orange facemasks, but please please please dont mess with the uniform! Thank You-Nick Davis Dadeville Al AU c/0 2002

We don't need to change the home jersey. But, wearing the Orange for Homecoming or another game will be nice. I did like the orange shadow, of course some will say that is why we lost games(due to the change). What about all the other times changes that were made over the last 112(?) years? Did those cause problems? No. A permanent change to Orange is a no go for me, but every now and then would be exciting!

I hate to tell you, but it will happen. :o

A caller brought the orange jerseys topic up to CTT on Tger Talk last night and I got the feeling Tubs was not a big fan of it. Anyone else hear this?

I heard it. Thats one reason why I brought this topic back up. I also got the feeling that he likes em the way they are. perhaps im just conservative butI think our Uniforms are beautiful, pure plain and simple. I brought up the remark about the orange facemasks, because I had heard a rumor that they might be back orange in the near future.

i hated the shadow. i thought it was a sad attempt at "modernizing" a classic, like reshooting gone with the wind to add a sex scene b/c that's what movies do now. completely unnecessary.

Archived