Is the media setting

Shug2003

Like many Auburn fans and graduates, I'm very pleased for our national ranking and record thus far. However, living in Birmingham for 30 years, I can't help but feel that the media is TRYING to set us up for a fall as they almost always do. All I've been reading up here is how Auburn is aleady in Atlanta and deliberately overlooking the UT game in Knoxville. This seems to have been our old nemisis in that we tend to let the media cause us to look ahead rather than take them one at a time and ignore the media. I really feel that this COULD be THAT special year we have been waiting on but my hope is that Tubs has learned from last year and will keep this team FOCUSED! Guys, it's a long time until December and many wars await! Anyone who overlooks the orange ogres, Georgia, Bammer, Arky, etc., are in for a rude awakening..... Just venting some concerns..... :au::au::au:

I honestly feel your worries about the media but i think this team learned a very valueable lesson last year. They know that every game isnt going to be handed to them on a silver platter and they need to work hard every game. I think and hope the high ranking curse is over...

the media doesn't set anyone up for a fall. the teams are the ones that fall! the media votes and decides on the top 25 teams in the country and thats what they do.

Well, at some point or another it becomes necessary to learn how to play your best game every week regardless of how good the media tells you that you are. You cannot fly under the radar all the way to championship games. The media and fans may be looking ahead, but I sincerely doubt that Tuberville & Co. are.

If the team plays with intensity and does not beat themselves, then there is no one on the schedule that cannot be beaten. By next weekend we should have a good indicator of whether or not we have the genuine article.

the media doesn't set anyone up for a fall. the teams are the ones that fall! the media votes and decides on the top 25 teams in the country and thats what they do.

Yeah, well you're right and you're wrong.

The media is after big ratings and they know that two Top 10 ranked have much higher exposure nationally . And it's true that the teams are the one's that fall, but the expectations are frequently inflated from fuel provided by the media. You're naive to think that the media's influences aren't driven by revenues.

Yeah, well you're right and you're wrong.

The media is after big ratings and they know that two Top 10 ranked have much higher exposure nationally . And it's true that the teams are the one's that fall, but the expectations are frequently inflated from fuel provided by the media. You're naive to think that the media's influences aren't driven by revenues.

104997[/snapback]

No doubt Caddyattack, but eventually our team is going to to have to learn to win when it's expected to and not think that the game is won before it's played. I hope our staff from last year remembers what happens if you celebrate the game before it's won.

Archived