Marc Gullion for Heisman!

PChamp119

The bammers I saw saying the stuff about losing Croyle not being that big a deal because Guillion could practically walk on water weren't doing it here. But I do remember seeing way more posts of that nature than I ever expected on a few bammer boards.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say Alabama is out of the race is fairly short sighted IMO.

Assuming we can take care of business next weekend, you have a bama team who is 2-1 in the SEC with very winnable games against UK and MSU. Thats 4-1.

I'll concede UT (even though its a rivalry game) So that's 4-2

Then all we have left is LSU and Auburn.

I think LSU loses to UF and UGA. Which makes them 5-3 IF they beat bama.

Auburn has a tough game against UGA late in the season and right now sees a 4 point dog against UT.

Lets ASSUME UT wins saturday. That makes AU 2-1 in the sec. With winnable games against Ole Miss, Arkansas, and UK. Thats 5-1.

With UA and UGA still out there. Neither of which are gimmies for AU.

If AU splits those last two games...it sure does seem that bama is in the race. I know we just lost to Arkansas, but I think Arkansas will lose to AU, LSU and UGA.

Bama hung in with a team that lost 19 of 22 starters from last year and is awfully young.

Today did not prove anything for either team, in my opinion. It did seem to show that Bama continues to be unable to finish games--something that is fairly consistent with them lately.

I am amused by UAT fan comments that this year's team is "better than last year's". Not sure what that is based on--it is true that this year's schedule is a lot softer than last year's.

Bama may continue to improve this year, but it's also true that a key injury or two could make for a very long season.

Honestly,

1) Auburn

2) LSU

3) Arkansas

4) Bama

5) Ole Piss

6) Moo State

Auburn won't be beat in the West. At Tenn could be tough, but UGA in your place, Bama not being Bama anymore (w/o Croyle), and no Florida make it Teletubby's year. AUburn won't lose to both Tenn and UGA so the Barners have the tiebreaker with LSU.

For LSU, at Fla and at UGA is too much to ask for this year's team. LSU is set up for 2005, and this season is the learning curve.

Today's Bama/Arky game answered the rest of the SEC West questions.

The bammers I saw saying the stuff about losing Croyle not being that big a deal because Guillion could practically walk on water weren't doing it here.  But I do remember seeing way more posts of that nature than I ever expected on a few bammer boards.

104909[/snapback]

The only bama board I post on is Tide-talk, and I didn't see anyone doing it, but I wouldn't put it past any pay-site, or tidefans.com If you check those same boards, Titan, I'm willing to bet they are trashing Shula for not going for a 4th and 1 play. Sometimes I wonder if it's too hard to just say the other team played a good game, and did what they had to do.

Can we talk about Barner football here?  It is a Auburn forum right???

104911[/snapback]

Amen. I mean it is officially Tennessee week now. Who cares about the Bama/LSU, Bama/Arkansas games?

War Eagle!

Beat the Vols!

Honestly,

1) Auburn

2) LSU

3) Arkansas

4) Bama

5) Ole Piss

6) Moo State

Auburn won't be beat in the West. At Tenn could be tough, but UGA in your place, Bama not being Bama anymore (w/o Croyle), and no Florida make it Teletubby's year. AUburn won't lose to both Tenn and UGA so the Barners have the tiebreaker with LSU.

For LSU, at Fla and at UGA is too much to ask for this year's team. LSU is set up for 2005, and this season is the learning curve.

Today's Bama/Arky game answered the rest of the SEC West questions.

104918[/snapback]

At this point in the season, I agree with that completely. I do think that bama has a chance to finish 3rd, but if they do it will only be because we beat an SEC we shouldn't have, and Arky loses a game they shouldn't. I will say that next week's game against South Carolina, could be a very pivitol point in our season. If we don't win that one, we have no shot at 3rd or better. JMHO

Bama hung in with a team that lost 19 of 22 starters from last year and is awfully young.

Today did not prove anything for either team, in my opinion.  It did seem to show that Bama continues to be unable to finish games--something that is fairly consistent with them lately.

I am amused by UAT fan comments that this year's team is "better than last year's".    Not sure what that is based on--it is true that this year's schedule is a lot softer than last year's.

Bama may continue to improve this year, but it's also true that a key injury or two could make for a very long season.

104916[/snapback]

If you don't think this team is better than last year's you are kidding yourself. This team is MUCH more fundamentally sound than last years. We don't give up sacks. Our run blocking is sick. And our defense is playing really well.

Last year's team would have maybe won the first three games...but it wouldnt have been pretty.

Can we talk about Barner football here?  It is a Auburn forum right???

104911[/snapback]

Amen. I mean it is officially Tennessee week now. Who cares about the Bama/LSU, Bama/Arkansas games?

War Eagle!

Beat the Vols!

104920[/snapback]

I don't know why that bammer started this thread anyways!?!?! I demand a mod delete anything not AU, from this board immediatly!!!!!! <_<<_<

Ahh so when Bama wins we get Bama posts, but when they lose, we have to keep it strictly Auburn?

104928[/snapback]

Any time bama loses, I expect to see huge threads on rival boards. I guess some people are not pleased with it. Although I thought we weren't supposed to attack the 18-22 year old players personally, it wasn't a bad post and, had some good football talk.

i don't mind seeing opposing teams' fans chat on the board, as long as we don't diss a particular player (guillon in this case) for something that's totally not his doing. making fun of him isn't cool and won't be tolerated. now, making fun of fans on the other hand... :poke:

as far as the 'bama won't lose a step w/ guillon' talk that some of you are referring to, i'm not sure if it was said on this board or not, but i just spent all week in b'ham and i definitely heard it on the radio shows....not sure if i was listening to jox or slimebomb, but many (not all) were saying this kid isn't your normal backup...miami recruited him, ergo he has to be good... etc.

i think he played better than his stats showed yesterday. if you just look at 6-18, 1 int, it looks pathetic, but i thought his throws were accurate when he had time to set up.

personal to BS:

you GOTTA take that bet w/ the lsu fan!!! c'mon man! it's BAMA AT LSU! BAMA owns LSU there! not in the 70s, not in the 80s, not in the 90s, did LSU win there! step up & do it!

ct

i don't mind seeing opposing teams' fans chat on the board, as long as we don't diss a particular player (guillon in this case) for something that's totally not his doing.  making fun of him isn't cool and won't be tolerated. now, making fun of fans on the other hand...  :poke:  

as far as the 'bama won't lose a step w/ guillon' talk that some of you are referring to, i'm not sure if it was said on this board or not, but i just spent all week in b'ham and i definitely heard it on the radio shows....not sure if i was listening to jox or slimebomb, but many (not all) were saying this kid isn't your normal backup...miami recruited him, ergo he has to be good... etc. 

i think he played better than his stats showed yesterday.  if you just look at 6-18, 1 int, it looks pathetic, but i thought his throws were accurate when he had time to set up.

personal to BS:

you GOTTA take that bet w/ the lsu fan!!! c'mon man!  it's BAMA AT LSU!  BAMA owns LSU there!  not in the 70s, not in the 80s, not in the 90s, did LSU win there!  step up & do it! 

ct

104967[/snapback]

Good post CT. I think its too early to get down on guillon. I listened to finebaum all week and dont remember too many people calling in saying there wouldnt be a dropoff.

As far as the bet is concerned...for me to win, bama has to beat LSU by 10 points. I didnt even say we would beat LSU...i said it would be a good game.

And i dont want to have some sort of 'anti bama' pic in my sig.

i don't mind seeing opposing teams' fans chat on the board, as long as we don't diss a particular player (guillon in this case) for something that's totally not his doing.  making fun of him isn't cool and won't be tolerated. now, making fun of fans on the other hand...  :poke:  

i think he played better than his stats showed yesterday.  if you just look at 6-18, 1 int, it looks pathetic, but i thought his throws were accurate when he had time to set up.

personal to BS:

you GOTTA take that bet w/ the lsu fan!!! c'mon man!  it's BAMA AT LSU!  BAMA owns LSU there!  not in the 70s, not in the 80s, not in the 90s, did LSU win there!  step up & do it! 

ct

104967[/snapback]

Good post CT. I think its too early to get down on guillon. I listened to finebaum all week and dont remember too many people calling in saying there wouldnt be a dropoff.

As far as the bet is concerned...for me to win, bama has to beat LSU by 10 points. I didnt even say we would beat LSU...i said it would be a good game.

104996[/snapback]

I don't think that you can really say at this point whether the LSU-UAT game would be good or not. UAT still has not played anyone. I mean if you play a team that has lost 18 of 22 starters from last year, and lose, what does that mean???

LSU, overall, is a much better team than the Hogs, and if you don't believe that, then Bama nation will be in for a VERY rude awakening come gametime. Ray Ray WIL NOT break 100 yds against LSU, especially if Guillon doesn't start making teams respect the pass. Kinda hard to get 100 yds + rushing with 8 men in the box,.

I didn't see any Bammer posters here implying that Guillon was the next Joe Willy, but a heard more than a few on Finebaum and the local sports talk shows. Heck, even Cecil Hurt was passing out the Kool-Aid... :blink: But after seeing some of the posts on this thread, maybe other Bammers are drinking that Kool-aid. You woulda thought that UAT had scored a "W" on Saturday. The Hogs may be the best team in the West, and nobody else knows it, yet. I doubt it. Bama should take comfort in 3rd place in the SEC west being secure. Any higher finish would probably require more than minor miracle... :au:

The bammers I saw saying the stuff about losing Croyle not being that big a deal because Guillion could practically walk on water weren't doing it here.  But I do remember seeing way more posts of that nature than I ever expected on a few bammer boards.

104909[/snapback]

The only bama board I post on is Tide-talk, and I didn't see anyone doing it, but I wouldn't put it past any pay-site, or tidefans.com If you check those same boards, Titan, I'm willing to bet they are trashing Shula for not going for a 4th and 1 play. Sometimes I wonder if it's too hard to just say the other team played a good game, and did what they had to do.

104919[/snapback]

Tide-Talk is a sane bammer board. So is Crimson Tusks. But TiderInsider, TideFans, BamaMag, etc...that's where I was seeing that kind of crazy talk. Guillin may end up being a very good QB for Alabama one day. But to expect him to just step in and not miss a beat? Insane. Delusional. Brodie may not have been the incredible player some folks thought he would be, but he was a good QB. Solid and getting better. Losing him hurts, especially on a team that can't afford to be losing key players.

Is it just me...or does anyone else see the humor in LS_Who and Bamar fans arguing on an AU board???!!! Gotta love it! :lol::au:

INTERESTING THREAD: I watched the Arky vs. LA Monroe replay last week and noticed that LA Monroe hung in with Arky until just before halftime. They also had little trouble moving the ball on Arky throughout the game. The score was 21 -17 and 28 - 20 before Arky scored late in the second quarter. Arky is a YOUNG team, but with considerable talent.

LA Monroe was 15 of 34 for 303 yards passing! Did Gullion forget to jump before he threw??? ROFL LA Monroe also had 130 yards rushing against Arky, for a total yards of 433.

Bama had 331 total yards against Arky. Bama scored 10 points where LA Monroe scored 20.

Any Bammer who is still thinking that they can hang with LSU or compete for the SEC west needs to look at those numbers and if you can't understand them, get an AU grad or Troy grad or UAB grad to explain them to you.

Bama has a pretty good first 22 players, but depth is almost non-existent. Close games that are decided in the fourth quarter will not be going Bama's way. EVERY injury to a starter will be critical, even those little nicks, bumps and bruises that every player has to deal with, because there is no depth.

Bama has two or three more wins this season. I think that they will beat Kentucky, but not easily. South Carolina probably is a better team that Bama, but not that much better. Southern Miss is a toss up. Of course, miracles do happen, but it would take one for Bama to beat Tennessee, or LSU or Auburn late in the season.

for me to win, bama has to beat LSU by 10 points. I didnt even say we would beat LSU...i said it would be a good game.

104996[/snapback]

No, you got me all wrong. If Bama loses by 1-9 or wins, so do you. If LSU does not beat Bama by 10+, I lose. I thought it was a fair bet.

for me to win, bama has to beat LSU by 10 points. I didnt even say we would beat LSU...i said it would be a good game.

104996[/snapback]

No, you got me all wrong. If Bama loses by 1-9 or wins, so do you. If LSU does not beat Bama by 10+, I lose. I thought it was a fair bet.

105055[/snapback]

yeah, BS...you had the terms wrong. bama doesn't have to WIN at all for you to win the bet...they just have to hang to w/in 10. hey lsuj2006...give BS the 10 down figure... if bama stays w/in 10, BS wins the bet. 11+ difference for LSU, you win.

it's just a month, BS... you can do it!

let me ask a clarifying question: does the loser have to change their avatar just for THIS board, or their PRIMARY board (or all their boards) as well?

c'mon...it'll add even more excitement to the game for non-LSU/Bama fans.

I was talking about the sig pic, not the avatar. But, sure, 11+ point win by LSU or I'll wear BG's pic-o-choice for A YEAR (mind, I'm only asking him to use my pic for a month).

"im laughing at all the football genuises on this board who said Ray Hudson sucked and we would have no running game."

Don't laugh too hard, the season's barely begun and Darby won't make it through in one piece (he was thrown around like a rag doll by a below average rushing defense). When he goes down and all you have is Hudson, Ray-Ray will be the ONLY target (and no, Castille's smart runs against a joke rushing defense do not indicate he's anything but an average back either).

Note to bg:

Arkansas(ONE returning offensive starter-lost 18 starters over all) 27

uat(promising freshmen :lol: -no brodie-no depth-very little SEC caliber talent) 10

This will be a VERY long year for the west alabamians..........

Be VERY glad you do not play UAB this year. (Or Troy, for that matter) :P:)

"im laughing at all the football genuises on this board who said Ray Hudson sucked and we would have no running game."

Don't laugh too hard, the season's barely begun and Darby won't make it through in one piece (he was thrown around like a rag doll by a below average rushing defense). When he goes down and all you have is Hudson, Ray-Ray will be the ONLY target (and no, Castille's smart runs against a joke rushing defense do not indicate he's anything but an average back either).

105120[/snapback]

I guess they threw him FORWARD for 177 yards on 20 carries. If you dont think Ray Hudson is a good running back...you havent seen him play this year.

Ill take the bet as long as i dont have to have any anti bama stuff in my sig.

Archived