Jordan Jenkins

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks O&B! I thought it was going to be a battle between us and the turds but what do i know! :rolleyes::zapbama:

Some think that, but it's really difficult for anyone to say for sure where each team stands.

I'll say our chances are as good as any of the others, but that's all anyone could really say for sure. AU, UGA, bammer, and UF are all very strong for him and it sounds like his mind truly isn't made up.

Thanks O&B! I thought it was going to be a battle between us and the turds but what do i know! :rolleyes::zapbama:

Some think that, but it's really difficult for anyone to say for sure where each team stands.

I'll say our chances are as good as any of the others, but that's all anyone could really say for sure. AU, UGA, bammer, and UF are all very strong for him and it sounds like his mind truly isn't made up.

I can tell you with a pretty large certainty that one school stands out above the others, and that has even been confirmed by Jenkins' father in recent interviews. The only thing that remains is for Jenkins himself to become comfortable enough in his decision to make a commitment. He and his family are taking his recruitment VERY seriously, and they want what's best for him... 1. academically... and 2. football-wise. Your statement that "his mind truly isn't made up" is completely accurate IMO... and the KEY word in that sentence is "TRULY".... meaning 100%. Jenkins will continue to do his "due diligence" in making his mind up, and he will make a his decision when he is ready. Just my personal opinion and educated guess having followed his recruitment pretty closely.... I think we're "sittin' pretty"!  :)

Here's a few quotes...

Per Rivals.com

"This isn't home for us," Jordan's father Ronald Jenkins said. "I retired in the military here in 2007, so we have been living here for only five years. He has identified that he does want to stay within a four- or five-hour drive from where we are currently at, but leaving the state would not be an issue."

"I think in his mind he is closer," Ronald Jenkins said. "He won't come out and say it, but I think he has about three or four teams that probably lead the pack, but he's not going to say it right now."

"My parents think I have a school that I already want to go to, and that I will get tired of the process once school starts back up. They think I know where I am going, but I will try to decide either by December or by signing day. It is amazing how one decision can impact the rest of my life," said Jenkins.

Keep in mind a few thing...

1. Back in mid-June, Jenkins initially named a "top 4" of AU, UA, Tenn and Florida with the stipulation that UGa and Ga Tech could also be considered... since then he revised his list to a "top 6", which essentially just added the other two schools to his list as "finalists".

2. When Jenkins initially made that "top 4", he had only visited AU and Tenn in the past few months prior, and the only other one he has since visited is Ga Tech.

3. Jenkins had the opportunity to camp at UA recently but chose not to.

4. Jenkins has visited AU twice in the past few of months (including a camp back in mid-June) and has had nothing but AUsome things to say about it each time.

5. Jenkins and his family have made it VERY clear that they want him to attend a school with an excellent engineering school (this MAY be the MOST important key to his recruitment that many people overlook! It is the reason that Jenkins originally wasn't even going to consider UGa, b/c of their lack of an established ENG program, specifically M.E., C.E. or E.E. This is the ONLY reason that Ga Tech is a "finalist", and if not for their mediocre football program, I believe that they would be the "favorite". As for AU's ENG program, Jenkins has visited it, thoroughly researched it, and he and his family are VERY impressed with what they've learned of it!

6. Jenkins was VERY close with former AU DL Coach Tracy Rocker, describing him as "like a 2nd father". He admitted that there was some doubt when new Coach Mike Pelton took over, but after meeting him and spending lots of time with him, Jenkins now says that he has the same feeling with Peltonthat he did with Rocker and that Peltona & Rocker share all of the same positive characteristics.

7. Jenkins is a TRUE DE. UA, UGa,  and Ga Tech all run the 3-4... a defense that would be NEW to Jenkins, and one in which he would almost certainly have to change positions from DE to OLB. This is something that Jenkins HAS said that he would be open to trying (and he's actually tickered with it at a few camps), but his experience has him better-suited on the end of the D-line. BTW, AU, UF and Tenn all run "multiple defenses" in which the 4-3 and 3-4 are utilized.\

8. Jenkins is VERY good friends with several AU players and recruits, including Jeff Whitaker, Gabe Wright, Josh Holsey, Ricky Parks, Jaquay Williams, and Geno Smith. This will definitely help with his recruitment.

Jenkins will be attending "Dawg Night" at UGa this weekend (he also attended last year)... and this, IMO, will be UGa's last chance to REALLY impress one of their state's #1 prospects. He has said himself that they have work to do to even get into his "top 3", but left the door open for that possibility. He says that he will also visit UA at some point, and that he would also like to attend UF's "Friday Night Lights", which is their biggest recruiting w/e of the year. He says that he wants to possibly name a "leader" heading into the fall and then take his OV's and commit afterward.

Fingers crossed! ;)

DJ,

Jenkins is camping in turdtown from the 17th to the 20th.

Thanks for the update... still don't think it matters. Similar situation as Javiie Mitchell. Jenkins just trying to get better... plus he's attending with several of his teammates as a team. As I said, he has maintained all along that he wanted to camp at all of his "finalists" before naming a "leader". If you referencing #3 on my list... I think that Jenkins had the opportunity to go to that camp individually, but passed. I was simply trying to show that I don't believe that he is "overly excited" about getting to turd-town.

Also, I forgot to add a VERY important #9 to my list... AU is the CLOSEST school to Jenkins and his family, as it is only ~1 hour away!  :)

Jenkins would be a waste as OLB in a 3-4 jmo...maybe in :devil: system but not in Ga/GT system. They lucked up with Justin Houston because he was better as a 3-4backer than he was ever going to be as a 4-3 DE.

Great updates DJ!!! I felt pretty confident before, but now there's nothing left to say. Just waiting for him to make it public. He seems to really be enjoying the process. And he's only going to help his stock at these camps.

Im going to check his video out... I can no longer get on Auburn Eagle at work, so it has killed some of my recruiting momentum.

Can only check like once a week because im so busy... thanks for keeping all these updates guys.

Keep in mind a few thing...

1. Back in mid-June, Jenkins initially named a "top 4" of AU, UA, Tenn and Florida with the stipulation that UGa and Ga Tech could also be considered... since then he revised his list to a "top 6", which essentially just added the other two schools to his list as "finalists".

2. When Jenkins initially made that "top 4", he had only visited AU and Tenn in the past few months prior, and the only other one he has since visited is Ga Tech.

4. Jenkins has visited AU twice in the past few of months (including a camp back in mid-June) and has had nothing but AUsome things to say about it each time.

5. Jenkins and his family have made it VERY clear that they want him to attend a school with an excellent engineering school (this MAY be the MOST important key to his recruitment that many people overlook! It is the reason that Jenkins originally wasn't even going to consider UGa, b/c of their lack of an established ENG program, specifically M.E., C.E. or E.E. This is the ONLY reason that Ga Tech is a "finalist", and if not for their mediocre football program, I believe that they would be the "favorite". As for AU's ENG program, Jenkins has visited it, thoroughly researched it, and he and his family are VERY impressed with what they've learned of it!

Wonder if he/parents have had a change of heart about Ga Tech with them being hit with probation.

Wonder if he/parents have had a change of heart about Ga Tech with them being hit with probation.

I doubt it, since they didn't get anything but vacating of a few of their wins from 2009 and some recruiting restrictions for their basketball team. Like I said, IMO, their ONLY "real" interest to Tech is the ENG school.

If JJ is looking for an engineering school then Bama and Tn are out ... Bama's doesn't come close to the Auburn engineering education.  Florida's is O.K., but is still lesser than Auburn's.

Now GT has a great program, but our football program is superior ...

As an engineer, logic says he is Auburn bound ... 99% guarantee may be a lowball!

Au has great Engineering.  With the football over GT, that is a no brainer.  GT, is of course superior to Au in engineering, but they are just about ivy league.  Hope he goes to Auburn.  All my friends were engineering students at Auburn when I was there (I was accounting).  They were all smart and had a time with it.  It is no push over.  We can be proud of it.  It is a feather in our cap.  However, GT does make a hellof an engineer.

Bama is not out of it!  Remember, that is what CK wanted to major in as well so he went there.  :P :P :laugh: :laugh:

Pretty sure it was architecture, but your point remains nonetheless.

This kid is indeed impressive... certainly would love for him to come to Auburn... never can count out bama... but if our coaches want him band enough... hes coming to auburn.

If he goes to bama he will be used as a jack linebacker which they already have like 3 committed it's getting ridiculous

The turds have 13 LBs on the roster.  6 are seniors and one junior my leave early if he has a great season.  They have 2 committed for 2012 and 1 committed for 2013.  Unfortunately, they still have room for more.

If he goes to bama he will be used as a jack linebacker which they already have like 3 committed it's getting ridiculous

The turds have 13 LBs on the roster.  6 are seniors and one junior my leave early if he has a great season.  They have 2 committed for 2012 and 1 committed for 2013.   Unfortunately, they still have room for more.

Exactly!! And you also have to remember they have 4 Lbs on the field, we have 3. Therefore they need at least 2 more than us; minimum.

Archived