Jordan Jenkins

ESPN article on Friday Night Lights says Alabama and Florida lead, with Georgia and Auburn trailing.  UAT has made a move up, and we seem to be slipping.  If true, this really bothers me, because I really like this guy.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said in one of your previous posts that a "perfect storm" is being created b/w UAT and AU on the recruiting front with both schools in contention for the same recruits etc; unfortunately from my perspective, the ledger appears to be leaning the Turd way all to often lately in those recruiting battles. UAT has some serious momentum right now. If Winston does pick them (MLB or no MLB), my opinion is that it will kick start a whole lot more momentum for that school unfortunately.

I didn't mean to imply that its "chicken little" time, but we do seem to be slipping with a couple of key targets, namely Cyrus Jones and Jenkins.  They just happen to be favoring the turds at this point, along with Kwon Alexander, and possibly Geno Smith.  We can't get them all, but we need to make sure we fill our needs.  The next few weeks are going to be very telling!!

I am getting really concerned. Something is going on with this Cam Newton thing. UA is definitely negative recruiting against us. We've got to fight back somehow or we're going to losing out on all of these kids to other schools as well. I do not understand why all of a sudden we've hit a wall and UA is getting everybody they want and it seems like UGA is getting everybody now too. I'm not panicking and I trust our coaches, but you have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. I'm telling you if Chizik said anything at all that says volumes.

I am getting really concerned. Something is going on with this Cam Newton thing. UA is definitely negative recruiting against us. We've got to fight back somehow or we're going to losing out on all of these kids to other schools as well. I do not understand why all of a sudden we've hit a wall and UA is getting everybody they want and it seems like UGA is getting everybody now too. I'm not panicking and I trust our coaches, but you have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. I'm telling you if Chizik said anything at all that says volumes.

Who is this 'everyone' you speak of?  UAT and UGA have pulled in a couple recruits lately but they aren't the big fish we're going after.  It's highly doubtful kids are not aware of the Winston situation.  More than likely he will be gone to the MLB and never step foot in Tuscaloser. 

OH NO, a recruit is leaning this way or that way 7 MONTHS before signing day.  I'm sure the negative recruiting affects some of the players but things can change in seven months.  The CAM saga could end and other issues for other programs could arise.  Not saying they will but just stating things could change dramatically by then.  People on this board (and all boards for that matter) need to calm down and stop wigging out every time a kid says something that is not ultra positive w/ regards to AU recruiting.  It's 7 months til signing day and I'm sure our coaches will do everything they can to get the situation resolved, it's their job.

Who is this 'everyone' you speak of?  UAT and UGA have pulled in a couple recruits lately but they aren't the big fish we're going after.  It's highly doubtful kids are not aware of the Winston situation.  More than likely he will be gone to the MLB and never step foot in Tuscaloser

OH NO, a recruit is leaning this way or that way 7 MONTHS before signing day.  I'm sure the negative recruiting affects some of the players but things can change in seven months.  The CAM saga could end and other issues for other programs could arise.  Not saying they will but just stating things could change dramatically by then.  People on this board (and all boards for that matter) need to calm down and stop wigging out every time a kid says something that is not ultra positive w/ regards to AU recruiting.  It's 7 months til signing day and I'm sure our coaches will do everything they can to get the situation resolved, it's their job.

Nice Post 92Grad.

Unless we get a solid commitment early on, it seems that year in and year out that the "must have" group we are  recruiting heavily this early changes dramatically by NSD...

We are not going down in flames, and we will get our share... expect the names to change over time

Key: big uglies we pick up... we are well on our way to filling other need areas...

The names will change, but they will change because they have to.  It seems most of our current priorities are leaning elsewhere.  Pelton needs to raise his recruiting game.  Almost all the elite DE prospects are off our board.

I don't know...most of the DE we're in on all have the same schools listed. Obviously not one school will get them all, they will have to see who goes where and place themselves accordingly. I still believe we are Top 5 for; Bullard, Williams, Jenkins, and Ward (without a far outside chance at Spence). I think we get one of those 5, and start setting our sights on 13' Robert Nkemdiche. We have quite the stable at DE right not, and we only need to take 1 elite caliber player this year.

I really think that the staff has a philosophy this year,like Texas, to get as many as early as you can; take advantage of the National Championship, and get early commits from some of those top ten guys.  Remember, we've been mentioned as "top 5" at one time or another by Humphries, Goldman, Diggs, Marshall, and Peat. Sure the names will change, and there are plenty out there.  But I truly believe that CGC's frustration was on display in Destin, and that he believes the media attacks are hurting recruiting the very top names that we might already have committed otherwise.

I bet a dollar to a doughnut that we get back in the mix for Jenkins in the end.  We still have plenty of time with him.  I think we're just being negative recruited against big time right now.

I don't know how many times someone is going to have to say this before it gets through your heads: we are only going to take 1 DE this year, 2 at the absolute most! Therefore, it only takes one who likes us at the end and I guarantee you that one of those guys will still be there. And this isn't just about the Cam stuff either. Imagine trying to sell a guy on a depth chart that already includes Eguae, Lemonier, Bonomolo, Sanders, Ford, Owens, Delaine, Harrell, and Sigler. Thats nine guys who haven't even started their junior year yet. That's pretty crowded for 2 positions.

I don't know how many times someone is going to have to say this before it gets through your heads: we are only going to take 1 DE this year, 2 at the absolute most! Therefore, it only takes one who likes us at the end and I guarantee you that one of those guys will still be there. And this isn't just about the Cam stuff either. Imagine trying to sell a guy on a depth chart that already includes Eguae, Lemonier, Bonomolo, Sanders, Ford, Owens, Delaine, Harrell, and Sigler. Thats nine guys who haven't even started their junior year yet. That's pretty crowded for 2 positions.

Hahaha, I said /\ /\ /\ THIS /\ /\ /\ about 5 posts up!  :thumbsup:

I think we're just being negative recruited against big time right now.

This constant bombardment of negative press by the media about Cam Newton is hurting. It was reported that Chizic said so himself.

I do not think we get back in on J. Jenkins. I still think THuga in the long run.

:we:

I think we're just being negative recruited against big time right now.

This constant bombardment of negative press by the media about Cam Newton is hurting. It was reported that Chizic said so himself.

I do not think we get back in on J. Jenkins. I still think THuga in the long run.

Yes it is.  Kwon Alexander has already said he is taking the Cam case in consideration in his decision.  To me, the recruits who are really close to the coaching staff, the players we really are going after hard, knows that AU will be ok in regards to the Cam case.  I believe the recruits really trust the coaches.... that is why we have a top 10 class so far this year. 

pretty sure he doesn't have an offer...yet.

He doesn't right now, but he may get one soon. As a few posters (and I too several times in the past) have said... we are only planning to take one DE this year. We are pursuing a lot of ELITE guys, and we may get one of them... but then again, we may just take a guy with a LOT of upside, like a Jhaustin Thomas, who has the same build and athletism as all of the 4 and 5-star guys that are out there, but has just flown under the radar up until this point. DE is NOT a position that I am worried about at all.

DJ what are your thoughts on why we seem to have missed on Jenkins? I think with most NFL teams running a 3-4 colleges that run that seem more attractive to recruits.

Guys, thanks for some very quality posts.  Good points made by many.  That's what this recruiting board is all about.

DJ what are your thoughts on why we seem to have missed on Jenkins?

IMO, Tracey Rocker leaving didn't help. I think Rocker and Jenkins had developed a very good relationship over time.

Archived