What happened to Ole Miss?

BamaGrad03

Didnt they win 10 games last year? My goodness...i had no idea they would suck so bad. I know losing Eli hurt. But wow.

Anyone else think they were gonna be THIS bad? They still have some athletes. Is Cutcliffe a bad coach?

The turnovers did kill them because they had over 500-yards in offense. Before the season started, I pointed out the fact that under Eli, Ole Miss had 15 games decided by 7 or less points. The Rebels were 12-3 in those games. Manning gave them the chance to beat anyone in the SEC. Manning would not have tossed 4 picks against Wyoming and they would have easily won yesterday.

This is the problem with building your offense around one player. Auburn did the same in 1997 with Dameyune Craig and nearly won the SECCG. The year after, we went from 10-3 to 3-8.

yeah i thought they would be this bad. and yeah, they are us in 1998. they graduated eli and had no plans other than him. it's not going to get better for them.

Were it not for the early Christmas gift from the referees against Vandy, Ole Missus would be 0-4 right now.

This is the problem with building your offense around one player. Auburn did the same in 1997 with Dameyune Craig and nearly won the SECCG. The year after, we went from 10-3 to 3-8.

you know, this is a good point for us to remember. we've been there!

also, TiS, i didn't follow the specifics of the ole miss/vandy game. how did vandy get jobbed?

ct

The nice thing about it is that we won't have to listen to any more smack from the Rebs for a WHILE! We has 30 plus years between Mannings that OM was a non factor. Let's hope that Eli decides to wait a few years before having any kids and that they are all girls. ROFL

OM darn near took the Vandy QB's head off with a blatant facemask right in front of the ref. I mean, the Reb defender almost unscrewed the guys head off his shoulders. This would have given Vandy a first down inside the 20 yard line to run out the clock.

They also threw a mysterious flag (illegal formation) earlier against Vandy that negated a TD. Replays showed nothing wrong with the formation.

actually, on the penalty, it was an illegal motion penalty....no use checking the video tape looking for it.....IT AIN'T THERE !!!!!.there was no motion on the play....everyone was set properly....they just plain took the game from vandy....the face mask non-call was disgusting.....i mean hell, it was right there in front of the damn ref and it almo0st turned the guy completely around....sec officals must owe someone a lot of money.....thats the way it looks to me

you gotta feel for vandy, and in some small way, i think i know how they feel.

this year's wake vs. clemson game, wake was the visitor, and had clemson beat, and then the refs took over.

my feeling was, "if you didn't want us to actually win the game, why not let us know before we got our hopes up".

:(

ct

Archived