My Humble Opinion

AURainman

Well, what I've seen so far looks pretty damn good. On both teams.

UT has two studs for QB. Ainge showed his strengths in the UF game. Schaffer will burn us if they give him the nod. I think our defense still has quite a few question marks. A running QB seems to befuddle our defense. I think we will be in trouble each time Schaffer takes the snap. I really wish he had signed with the Tigers. UT still has a pretty solid running game to go along with two developing QBs. I think we are bound to give up more rushing yards than in any other game.

On our side, I think our O against their D ought to be quite a sight. If we can jump on them early, I expect Campbell to have one hell of a game followed by another Ronnie Brown show. (assuming he's healthy of course).

If I could have it both ways, I'd join this year's O with last year's D. Then, I wouldn't worry at all about this game. I've just got too many questions on defense to put a lot of faith in them.

AU 23 - UT 27

:angry:

I'd like to start out by saying I think we'll win this game. Tennessee's offense is going to give us problems. Marcus Randall ran around pretty freely. Schaffer is young. If we can lay a few good hits on him I think it may make him a bit more hesitant to run. He will give us a problem when in the game. Ainge is the cause of most of my concern. He looks too poised to be a freshman (remember Clausen against Bama his freshman year?). We'll have to pressure him and hope we can rattle him. Bottom line is both Ainge and Schaffer have played in a big game and won't be intimidated by the atmosphere. Florida showed everyone that Tennessee's run defense is suspect. We'll have to jump on them early and pound the ball against them. If we can keep the QBs on the bench, they can't score that many points. Our best chance is an ugly, ball-control game. Campbell is going to have to be ready when they completely stack against the run, but Williams and Brown should bring this one home.

Final thought: Our D holds UT better than we thought. Close, hard-fought game.

I look at it this way,until our defense gives up points,then I give question marks to the D.Four games into the season and Auburn's first team defense is doing exactly what it should do...keep the other team from scoring...I could care less if the give up yards or even big yards as long as there is no scoring....ASK ARKANSAS defense about this...hahaha

What I think that we are doing is a "feel" thing, instead of result's and true logic.We "feel" that our defense without Spencer Johnson,Demarco MCneil,Karlos Dansby,D Thomas and Reggie Torbor isn't as good but you know what the results are saying otherwise.....were fast....I've seen more three and outs..(it sure seems like it anyway)..we adjust good.

I say

Auburn 21

Tenn. 17

This should be a very good game. As an Auburn grad, I pull for them in every game except this one. Our two quarter backs have been pretty impressive so far this season, especially for freshman. And, of course AU's two running backs are the best two in the country (Brown being #1). I believe the winner of this game will be decided on whose defense decides to show up. I know our D has a very bad habit of arm tackling and that will not cut it with backs of your duos caliber. However, with our two different styles of offense, I think we can keep AU D guessing.

It should be a great game and a good preview of the SEC championship in December.

You will be hearing alot of this!!

:ut: 38 :au: 31

I still think you have to give UT the advantage because it's in Knoxville. if our offense gets going early, which it should, then we should be fine. freshmen qb's are bound to make mistakes against a good defense, and in such a big game.

There is no doubt that Borges is much better than Nall but I don't think he has proven to be as good or better than Petrino ( yet ). We only scored 10 points at home against a good defense and now we take to the road. I believe we need to score around 24 to win the game.

I see Tennessee as the best offense we have faced thus far but I also believe that their numbers are misleading because of the defenses they have competed against. With this being said, the same can be said about our 9th ranked defense. Our LSU game was more of a challenge than their UF game but I would give them a slight edge on their remaining schedule.

It will be our 25th ranked offense going up against their 61st rated defense. It will be our 9th ranked defense going up against their 7th ranked offense. UT is allowing 363 yards per game, so I see our offense having success, which will keep their offense off the field. I believe we win the "on field" matchups ( overall ) on paper but I also realize the real game is played on the field.

Winning in Knoxville is tough but not as difficult as it once was during the mid 90's. My concern is the aftermath of a close loss to Tennessee. In terms of the SEC-West race, losing to UT isn't as bad as losing to Arkansas. How will the team respond? Even if we lose to UT, we still remain in the driver's seat as long as we win our remaining conference games. Beating LSU gave us that edge and defeating Arkansas will expand that edge.

Auburn 27 Tennessee 24

I think our offense will score, and once we get the lead our running game can control the clock. Take the crowd out and rattle the freshman will be the keys to success for the defense.

I think everyone so far has made some really good points about what it is going to take to win this game. We have to jump on top early so we can take the crowd out of the game and not have ot deal with the noise for the rest of the game so Campbell can check at the line. Also, our D is going to have to come to play. We will not be able to give up so much yardage on first down if we expect to have our offense on the field more than theirs, which I think is what it is going to come down to. If we can make the big plays on both sides of the ball and pressure their QB's early and often, then Auburn wins.

I'm going with AU 31 Tennessee 24

Auburn 27 Tennessee 17

Our offense has yet to prove itself. We only managed 10 points against LSU. ULM, Miss. St. and Citadel are all poor teams and we should have put up more points, even with our reserves.

The defense has allowed few points but they have not played a good offense yet.

Therefore I think it is hard to say how good Auburn is. Since the game is in Knoxville then the edge has to go to Tennessee.

Our offense has yet to prove itself.  We only managed 10 points against LSU.  ULM, Miss. St. and Citadel are all poor teams and we should have put up more points, even with our reserves.

The defense has allowed few points but they have not played a good offense yet.

Therefore I think it is hard to say how good Auburn is.  Since the game is in Knoxville then the edge has to go to Tennessee.

105404[/snapback]

Every point you made is valid and arrived at through rational thinking. However, maybe its just my orange and blue blood type, but I feel like our tigers are going to shine in their beloved underdog role. (At least I hope.) :au:

WDE!!!!

Our offense has yet to prove itself. We only managed 10 points against LSU. ULM, Miss. St. and Citadel are all poor teams and we should have put up more points, even with our reserves.

We had 2 scoring drives, and a 3rd that should have been. That isn't too bad, because LSU has a great defense.

We SHOULD have put up more points on those 3 teams, but they weren't neccessary. Anyone could tell that the offense in these games was a dumbed down version of what we did against LSU. Complaining about how our 2nd and 3rd string played is a moot point. Even then, a drive down the field to the 1 yard line to close the half isn't something to complain about.

Our offense against the 3 teams other than LSU has been very very vanilla.

We rarely had much motion against UL Monroe, Mississippi St, and Citadel. I really don't see our offense as the type that scores a whole lot of points. I see it as a time consuming offense, with a few big plays to go along.

Last year we scored a lot of points against teams that we should, but when we faced teams when decent defenses, we struggled badly. I really don't know what that says though.

One critical thing I haven't heard mentioned is the UT kicking game. It's outstanding and field position is going to be critical. Have to give that edge to UT. Another CRITICAL thing is going to be how we react to the crowd noise. IF we protect the football, get good hang time on our kicks, have good coverage and nulify the crowd noise, we have a good chance to come home with a "W". :) If not, then.............. :( WDE! :au:

Plain and simple.

Defense: Tennesse has some great players, but with the injuries they have had, I have to go with Auburn. The Tigers held LSU to one scoring drive. By contrast, LSU scored more points on MSU than Auburn did, backups or not. Plus, UT gave up a lot to Florida. It came down to a last second kick, and Florida had all the chances in the world to put thay one away.

Adantage "D" to :au:

Special Teams: Tennessee has the kicking game locked up. Return teams may be even, or a bit towards UT.

Advantage: UT

Offense: The Vols have done some good things against the pansies that they have faced. And they looked good v/s Florida. But Auburns "O" line is far better than UT. And that will be the difference in the game. Look for a BOMB or two, with one for a TD in the first half. The Tigers will control the line of scrimage and wear down the Vols in the second half.

Advantage: :au:

:au: - 28

UT- 16

Also, remember what CTT said about the LSU game. I thought I remember him saying that our gameplan was very conservative and all about field position. That means to me that he didn't want to take risks with LSU's defense. That being said, does anyone else think that CAB will be more liberal with the playcalling against Tennessee?

Archived