My Humble Opinion

AURainman

This should be a very good game. As an Auburn grad, I pull for them in every game except this one. Our two quarter backs have been pretty impressive so far this season, especially for freshman. And, of course AU's two running backs are the best two in the country (Brown being #1). I believe the winner of this game will be decided on whose defense decides to show up. I know our D has a very bad habit of arm tackling and that will not cut it with backs of your duos caliber. However, with our two different styles of offense, I think we can keep AU D guessing.

It should be a great game and a good preview of the SEC championship in December.

You will be hearing alot of this!!

Is that a UT fan I hear making positive comments on Randy Sander's offense? UT couldn't run the ball on AU last year & if the AU D plays like they did against LSU they(UT) wont run the ball with success. Why? LSU has a better line & better RBs. BTW is Houston healthy, he's the best yall got.

I heard Simon wasnt gonna play so that hurts yall's D, which Carnell & Ronnie ran wild on last season(better o-line than last season & same RBs). UT's secondary will be exploited by Borges.

I look for Campbell to have 200 yards, but the run game will win it for AU. It'll be close through 2 and a half quarters.

AU-27

UT-17

Somehow, I think it will be Coach Borges' day to really pour it on. His record at UCLA was phenomenal. They averaged over 40 points a game for several years and handed the USC Trojans their butts quite regularly.

We will not face a defense as strong as LSU's again this year. I'm counting on our offense to keep the Enfants Terrible on the bench and simply outscore the Vols. LSU's offense is not lousy and our defense is better than some people think. I think Chizek is earning his salary in good fashion.

The Florida victory was a real confidence booster for the Vols, but it remains to be seen just how good Florida is.

All-in-all I'm glad we're a slight underdog. I believe we will win, as hard as that is to do in Knoxville.

Look for CTT and Borges to test UT's CB's early and often on post and hook routes. They know that going up early provides 3 decisive advantages:

1. It gives Chizik the cushion to be more aggressive and less predictable as the D attempts to unnerve Ainge

2. It helps neutralize the homefield advantage by quieting the crowd.

3. It allows CTT to pursue the strategy of field-position from the strength of a solid running game..... against a team that has shown susceptibility.

AU 30 - UT 24

I agree with most of the comments above and the game is too close to call in my opinion. The strength of the UT team so far has been its offensive line and group of wide receivers not the QB's. They are fun to watch but they have had great protection. Its funny last year we had an experienced QB but no receivers, now we have 2 inexperienced QB's and 8 receivers who will play. 5 of the recivers you will see will be playing on Sunday. The young QB's have proven they can get them the ball which spreads the defense and helps the running game, pretty simple really. Sorry, but we have not had any offense to talk about in some time so we tend to go on about it! The defense is weak in the secondary and the linebackers have been playing back in support which opens the run a little. We have manage to flip flop around enough to come out on top but nothing more. We are very worried that AU will just run all over us again as last year. I think both teams will have some nice clock eating drives and the last team with the ball will probably win.

its to early to tell playing in tenn. is hard very hard when u have 90 thousand + screaming ,but AU has the better offense(with some of the top backs in the country,i think it comes down to whos def. steps it up in the in.but if i hade to pick it would be AU-24

TENN-21

AU scoring in the last 5 min

I think China has a good sense of it all. I have been on Voltalk, and she is consistant. (I've been poking a little fun at the Vol fans. Posted several pics of last seasons game).

Archived