2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

According to Justin Hokenson of Rivals.com....

Jeremy Johnson, 6-foot-6, 215 lbs, from Carver HS in Montgomery HS has named AU as his early favorite! Johnson is believed by many to be the TOP QB in the state of Alabama for 2013 and possibly one of the best in the nation! He BURST onto the scene with a stellar performance at the Hoover 7-on-7 event last year, while competing against and BEATING top teams from across the country (like Kiehl Frazier's Shiloh team and CJ Uzomah's North Gwinnett team, among MANY others) to take the championship! He started out as a WR his freshman year, but moved to QB last year, and all he did was throw for 2,800 yds and 27 TD's and he rushed for 2 more TD's.... and all of this against TOUGH 6A competition in AL!  :) AU has not offered the talented sophomore YET, but he says that Coach Boulware (his lead recruiter) recently told him that the offer was coming! AU also has a HUGE "in" with Johnson in that his former HS coach (Al Pegues) is now at AU as a G.A., and Johnson runs the same offense as AU's at his HS!

Johnson says that if/when the Tigers offer, "they may be the team to beat."  :we:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I live in Montgomery and I've heard a lot of good things about him...Immediately after Al Pegues was hired I also heard a few people that follow the Carver program closely say he's pretty much AU's to lose so this is great having confirmation from you DJ :thumbsup::we:

Is he fast enough to shift back to WR?  How could you stop Pike from connecting with him? They would OWN the Zekosphere!

The kids may be the one that officially wins Auburn the title of 'QB U'!  Having Cam go as the #1 pick in the draft proves that kids can play in Malzones offense and make it to the NFL.

Here we go again... We just got Zeke Pike and now its onto the next possible Cam.... Not to mention Kiehl Fraziers coming in... Its those Cam Newton Glasses

• 2 months later...

I have to as this legitimate question. Can we really sign a stud of a QB for a 3rd year in a row knowing theywill have to be behind Frazier and Pike?

Archived