2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Auburn Family Jeremy and War Eagle!!! I wish you the very best of everything!!!!

I am so impressed with this young mans talent. HUGE get for us IMO.

Honestly, at the beginning of the recruiting cycle, I was a bit concerned about taking JJ. Not much, because I always knew he had the athletic ability and (especially) the size, but a little. But I tell ya buddy, it didn't take him long to convince me! Going to that 7 on 7 camp and dominating the way he did REALLY opened my eyes, and watching the way he has composed himself through the fall and then into recruiting as he became the face of the class, I think we've got the QB of the future in this very class. :D

Honestly, at the beginning of the recruiting cycle, I was a bit concerned about taking JJ. Not much, because I always knew he had the athletic ability and (especially) the size, but a little. But I tell ya buddy, it didn't take him long to convince me! Going to that 7 on 7 camp and dominating the way he did REALLY opened my eyes, and watching the way he has composed himself through the fall and then into recruiting as he became the face of the class, I think we've got the QB of the future in this very class. :D

Agree 100%

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but Rivals has him listed as a b-ball recruit as well. What are the chances he ever sees a basketball practice? Since QB tends to be a full time job

He wants to do both but remains to be seen.

Tough for any player, but especially tough for a QB.

He said he'll give it a try during his Soph or Jr season. He wants to get the HUNH down pat 1st.

I just don't see it ever happening unless football were to not pan out which we don't need to be the case.

He said he'll give it a try during his Soph or Jr season. He wants to get the HUNH down pat 1st.

I just don't see it ever happening unless football were to not pan out which we don't need to be the case.

Hopefully when the time comes, he'll see that concentrating on fooseball will be in his best interest & that of the team.

Gus's system is fairly simple. If he gets the HUNH down he may be able to try later without it affecting football.

Hopefully when the time comes, he'll see that concentrating on fooseball will be in his best interest & that of the team.

If he is that into FOOSEBALL we are in trouble!! That certainly is in no one's best interest. :rimshot:

I hope the coaches tell him to scrap that dream, basketball injures more football players than anything I have every heard of.

If he is that into FOOSEBALL we are in trouble!! That certainly is in no one's best interest. :rimshot:

;D:jump::rollin:

Jeremy Johnson's two-sport plans at Auburn will wait a year.

Johnson will focus on football and not play basketball in his freshman season with the Tigers, the G.W. Carver senior says.

“My first year, I want to go and learn everything for football first,” Johnson said.

Johnson is an All-State star in both sports and, when he verbally committed to Auburn last summer, said he planned to play both in college.

He was named the state's Mr. Football last fall after throwing for 3,193 yards and 31 touchdowns and leading the Wolverines to the Class 6A semifinals. He signed with Auburn in February.

This winter, Johnson averaged 18 points and helped Carver reach the state basketball tournament for a fourth straight year. He was named first-team All-State for a second straight year, is a finalist for 6A player of the year and is a candidate for Mr. Basketball.

Johnson, who played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game in both, said he talked with his parents and first-year Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn about playing just one as a freshman.

“It's going to be tough” not playing basketball, Johnson said, “but I don't think it will be that bad.”

Video Link

Archived