2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys it was a joke. I am an Auburn fan through and through. I just thought it was funny how we have compared all of our new recruits to someone of old (even when they have little to no resemblence). I loved Cam Newton and thought he was gold (Todd made me pull my hair out). point is why can't zeke pike be the next zeke pike. Let darion hutcherson be the next darion hutcherson... Not Daunte Culpepper...? I know some of you guys have alot of time on your hands and have watched more film and probably "know" more about auburn and college football in general but come on! Its like the little brother syndrome, saying these guys are going to be the next(fill in the blank) only adds pressure. Even if its just joking... And as for me being a bammer, ease up off the trigger before you "flush me". Have some humor. Lighten up. Its Friday! Lastly....

:we:

....now can we please get back to Jeremy Johnson... This kid is legit. I saw him play twice last year and the kid is on another level

guys it was a joke. I am an Auburn fan through and through. I just thought it was funny how we have compared all of our new recruits to someone of old (even when they have little to no resemblence). I loved Cam Newton and thought he was gold (Todd made me pull my hair out). point is why can't zeke pike be the next zeke pike. Let darion hutcherson be the next darion hutcherson... Not Daunte Culpepper...? I know some of you guys have alot of time on your hands and have watched more film and probably "know" more about auburn and college football in general but come on! Its like the little brother syndrome, saying these guys are going to be the next(fill in the blank) only adds pressure. Even if its just joking... And as for me being a bammer, ease up off the trigger before you "flush me". Have some humor. Lighten up. Its Friday! Lastly....

I'll take you at your word, but your first two posts on this site are:

1. I really like DeMarcus James! He looks like the second coming of Trent Richardson!

2. I'd say he's a Chris Todd part 5 lol

I hope you can see why I was a bit skeptical.

Good point... I see now! Im more of a browser anyways. Im just here to stay in the know lol.... Guess i shouldnt have mention Trent Richardson. As much as i hate the team he plays for, i respect him as an athlete

:laugh: y'all shouldn't be so quick to jump the turd gun. Heck I like Trent cause he's lived 30 minutes from me and is a dang good ballplayer oh and welcome Jch  :wedance:

I have to as this legitimate question. Can we really sign a stud of a QB for a 3rd year in a row knowing theywill have to be behind Frazier and Pike?

I have the same question

I got your joke and thought it was funny.  Folks need to chill.  You are right, the Cam comparisons are a bit ridiculous.

:laugh: y'all shouldn't be so quick to jump the turd gun. Heck I like Trent cause he's lived 30 minutes from me and is a dang good ballplayer oh and welcome Jch  :wedance:

Thanks man! Loving the site!

I have to as this legitimate question. Can we really sign a stud of a QB for a 3rd year in a row knowing theywill have to be behind Frazier and Pike?

I have the same question

Why not? IF we keep signing good QBs it will help them all out, JJ will push ZP and ZP will push KF, and KF will push CM/BT, competition creates motivation drive and a purpose within a team, everyone is a winner. And they can all learn skills and leadership from each other.

JJ is my 1 QB pick for AU for the 2013 class. Hope he comes to AU.

I have the same question

Why not? IF we keep signing good QBs it will help them all out, JJ will push ZP and ZP will push KF, and KF will push CM/BT, competition creates motivation drive and a purpose within a team, everyone is a winner. And they can all learn skills and leadership from each other.

Yeah but would you rather sign with a school that has 2 studs in front of you or a school with 1 or no studs?...It's about playing time for some of these kids now-a-days.

I have the same question

Yeah but would you rather sign with a school that has 2 studs in front of you or a school with 1 or no studs?...It's about playing time for some of these kids now-a-days.

I believe we can and will sign him. Yes we have to one stud who just got to campus. Another who has yet to sign. This kid still has two years of high school ball left. A lot can happen between now and when he signs. If Frazier plays this season, it would make him a junior when Johnson steps on campus and would he eligible to leave after that season for the NFL(Of course he would need to have a great career to do so). We have a very good shot at bringing in another huge haul at the quaterback position.

I have the same question

AU plans to sign one "elite-caliber" QB every year. So far, that plan looks to be coming to fruition with Frazier, now Pike... and next year, we are in very good shape with Johnson, who will be one of the top-ranked QB's in the nation.

I have the same question

AU plans to sign one "elite-caliber" QB every year. So far, that plan looks to be coming to fruition with Frazier, now Pike... and next year, we are in very good shape with Johnson, who will be one of the top-ranked QB's in the nation.

rollison, newton, frazier, and pike. i'd say our coaches are 4 for 4. ( i know rollison didn't workout, but he was still an elite signal caller.

I have not seen any highlights but he is listed as a pro-style quaterback.  How much interest do we have in him?  How much interest does he have in us since our quaterbacks are typically dual threat?  Anyone have any highlight links?

I have not seen any highlights but he is listed as a pro-style quaterback.  How much interest do we have in him?  How much interest does he have in us since our quaterbacks are typically dual threat?  Anyone have any highlight links?

I would say he's right there at the top of the board for the '13 class. He's listed a a pro-style qb based on how he goes about the game. He's very mobile, but he'd much rather stay in the pocket and throw. As far as his interest in AU, it's very very high. He love the school, the coaches, the program and one added factor is that his high school coach last year is now out new grad assistant. AU is his first offer, his first choice and it will take a lot to sway him in another direction. There will be a heavy battle for him though as he will be on of the top players in his class. If he keeps progressing, I have no doubt he will be one of the initial 5* recruits out of the gate.

Here's the highlights from the 7 on 7 this week in Hoover.

This is an interview with him at the same camp talking about recruiting and AU.

He lead his team to the championship last year at this same tournament as a sophmore.

It is amazing that Johnson is just going into his junior year. He has very good size already and has a very strong arm. I would love to habe him follow Zeke Pike to AU. I remember 10 to 15 years ago when Tenn seemed to be QB U. The next 10 years or so AU has a good chance to be QB U. This kid looked great. His size reminds be of a younger Cam. War Eagle.

JJ is a pure athlete that would excel at any position where the coaches put him.

It is amazing that Johnson is just going into his junior year. He has very good size already and has a very strong arm. I would love to habe him follow Zeke Pike to AU. I remember 10 to 15 years ago when Tenn seemed to be QB U. The next 10 years or so AU has a good chance to be QB U. This kid looked great. His size reminds be of a younger Cam. War Eagle.

He's already bigger than Cam was at this point in high school. Cam was listed at 6'4" 

It appears Jeremy may not be done growing just yet. He has tremendous upside. One of the major qualities you guys will notice that is different about him from Kiehl and Zeke is that he's VERY shy!

He's already bigger than Cam was at this point in high school. Cam was listed at 6'4" 

It appears Jeremy may not be done growing just yet. He has tremendous upside. One of the major qualities you guys will notice that is different about him from Kiehl and Zeke is that he's VERY shy!

Yeah, but he is also very young.  He is just now starting to get attention, locally, regionally and nationally.  We are still his only D1 offer, which I just don't understand.  As the attention grows, so will he.  I saw an interview with him last year and I saw one from this week in Hoover.  The difference was light years.  He has come a long way since last football season, already.

Archived