2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

I just saw this kid play my old high school (Greenville High School) Friday night in a scrimmage game and wow! Talked to the coaches and got some confirmation on his height/weight. He's def. 6'6 220 right now. He throws a nice, tight spiral and is MUCH more accurate than I thought he would be for someone just starting their Junior year in HS. He also makes very good decisions and distributes the ball around. I also like that he only seemed to run when nothing is there or on designed runs.

Also, I talked with GHS's DC. He had coached against Winston from Hueytown during the 2010 season and said that Johnson is on the same level talent wise from everything he has seen.

No word on what school(s) he is favoring right now. But I have been informed that his parents are Auburn fans.  :wareagle:

Just thought I'd share.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The really good thing about JJ, when compared to Winston, is he'll not be selected in the first three rounds of the MLB draft. We have an excellent chance of getting this young man.

• 1 month later...

just saw a article on 247 where he names us as his number one choice and he has some of the top teams in the country looking at him. Even though he is only a junior and young there are alot of people that beleive he could end up being as good or better than frazier or pike. Look like we are not only stock piling running back but quarterbacks as well.

:laugh: This is when he lived in the ghetto of Pcola, so lets say 45 minutes away..

Hey, I am a native "Breezer" ... glad to see Pcola kids do good (guess i cant make any smart arse comments about "nice" neighborhoods  :laugh:

nope, in bham.  get down there a few times a year.  always been good football players out of the pcola area.  i played against some of them that ended up in the pros ... always nice to see home kids do good.

hope JJ turns into a Montgomery kid done good!

Oh yeah the powerhouses like PHS, Pine Forest, Catholic, Pace, Milton(used to be) and Niceville always put out good prospects. Even GB has some good players as well as Navarre

• 2 weeks later...

His Carver team will be playing Prattville on CSS Friday night for those with cable.  It should be interesting to see what he can do against Mr. Shanks and the Lions.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, frazier will be our guy next year!

Doesn't matters. Jeremy will be our guy after Moseley or Frazier graduates. At 16 years old, he stands at 6-6 and 215 pounds.

• 2 months later...

Archived