2013 4* QB Jeremy Johnson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am excited to see what direction we go with QB in 2013.

JJ, CS... or "other"

as of today, i predict both.  i think we have to have 2 qb's in the next class. (assuming we dont get 2 this time)

JJ, CS... or "other"

as of today, i predict both.  i think we have to have 2 qb's in the next class. (assuming we dont get 2 this time)

Why's that?

For depth concerns? I guess if BT does his thing elsewhere and we don't have a solid backup behind whoever ends up as the starter we'll need two guys and redshirt one?

247 says he has a leader. Anyone care to share?

Auburn...

Has not changed since the summer and he picked up his second offer from Ole Miss today.

JJ, CS... or "other"

Why's that?

For depth concerns? I guess if BT does his thing elsewhere and we don't have a solid backup behind whoever ends up as the starter we'll need two guys and redshirt one?

Yes I am assuming bt is done playing.  But now that I think about it a little more, 2 this year would be better so we have 4 on scholly next year.  One next year to make 4 (or 5) should be good.  I think we are close to the ability to recruit a "full team" of 22 consistently with a couple extra to fill gaps and kickers.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like things are really picking up for Jeremy Johnson,

ESPN's Newberg has a new article on him, and basically says...

Jeremy visited Baton Rouge for LSU’s junior day and came home with a scholarship offer.

Both He and his dad visited with Les, and came away impressed.

Newberg goes on to say that Oklahoma is up next and will offer him, he will also visit Ole Miss this spring.

Johnson, 6-foot-5 and 210-pounds, is also one of the state’s top basketball players. This season he has played every position on the court for Carver and is averaging 23 points and 10 rebounds with the state playoffs starting on Friday.

Johnson plans on playing both football and basketball at the collegiate level.

Johnson plans on playing both football and basketball at the collegiate level.

Time for Barbee to do some work too...

Soph highlight film of him playing @Prattville.

Even though that was versus a Prattville team that had a down year in 2010 I was impressed. JJ showed good vision in not locking on to receivers, good pocket awareness, and was definitely a pass first QB.

Soph highlight film of him playing @Prattville.

I hope he chooses Auburn. He's a young Cam Newton in stature. He stands tall and gets that ball out of there. That's impressive film for a sophomore. His future looks bright.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Rivals: "Alabama's top quarterback for the 2013 class visited Auburn this weekend, and will return next weekend looking for a productive conversation with the Tigers' new coordinator... "

So did JJ and CSL not see each other this weekend, or was there nothing 'productive' from the meeting???  :dunno:

Per Rivals: "Alabama's top quarterback for the 2013 class visited Auburn this weekend, and will return next weekend looking for a productive conversation with the Tigers' new coordinator... "

So did JJ and CSL not see each other this weekend, or was there nothing 'productive' from the meeting???  :dunno:

I think you may be reading too much into it.

Im honestly not reading anything into it one way or the other bro, I mainly don't understand if they met at all this weekend since he's supposed to meet with him next weekend??

Im honestly not reading anything into it one way or the other bro, I mainly don't understand if they met at all this weekend since he's supposed to meet with him next weekend??

I am sure they did unless lefty was out of town for some reason.

I am sure they did unless lefty was out of town for some reason.

He was.  I remember reading it somewhere, but Lefty was not in Auburn this weekend.

Just watched the highlights from his junior season. "It" factor! Watching his highlight film reminds me of the first time I watched Cam's! Get him CSL! #1 recruit I want for this class so far!

:wareagle::wedance:

Just watched the highlights from his junior season. "It" factor! Watching his highlight film reminds me of the first time I watched Cam's! Get him CSL! #1 recruit I want for this class so far!

:wareagle::wedance:

We have different definitions of it factor. To me it means you lead your team to big time wins. JJ has yet to lead Carver to a big time win or not won yet as an underdog. I am not saying he can't. He just has not done it yet....I also think there is a reason AU has offered schollies to 5 more QBs in last week and a half.

Mods feel free to Delete this post if it is deemed as being too negative.

Archived