Borges on Finebaum in 5 o'clock hour

DKW 86

Coach Tuberville should not allow any member of his staff to talk with pondscum.

EVER..................

Borges will be on in a few minutes.....

you can stream it at www.finebaum.com and click on "Listen Live"

I'm more worried about our defense then our offense. Our defense needs to blitz the heck out of those freshman QB's. Force them to throw and see how good they are against a tough and quick defense. Auburn's short passing defense is not very good. They throw it in the middle. So why not blitz the LB's since they won't stop the pass anyways.

It'll come down to the blitzing defense (how often we do it) and if we can capitalize in the Red Zone

I was very impressed with Borges. Quick witted. Very funny. Intelligent. and definitely excited to be in the SEC and working at AU.

I love that he said things like

...to paraphrase, "We are going wide open with our playbook; let it all air out!!

We need to go vertical more often.

I would rather see Jason air it out deep more often and have receivers make catches than to play it safe and focus on completion percentage."

WDE!!!!

Beat the Vols!!

Nice interview. I like the guy...great attitude.

I kind of liked how he defended his position on throwing near the goaline, eventhough I still don't like the call. He says that he would rather be criticized for throwing near the goaline because at least he would know that Auburn was "attacking" the defense and not sitting back and trying to run it in when the defense knows that's what we want to do.

Interesting viewpoint but like I've time and again, I don't like the call, especially with the horses we have back there. To me, pounding it in with Ronnie or Carnell would not be considered "sitting back".

I too am more worried about the defense than the offense.....during the LSU game i noticed a horrible trend. Our guys were standing around waiting for the play to come to them instead of going after it. As a result the run game was very effective against our defense and the QB could sit back and eat a sandwich before we would apply pressure.... The reason we were able to win the LSU game is b/c LSU's qbs could not connect with a reciever not b/c we were pressuring them....

Our guys were standing around waiting for the play to come to them instead of going after it. 

105747[/snapback]

I noticed the same thing at LSU. While I understand it's important not to overrun a play, it's also important to be aggressive and not passive. Hopefully, Coach Chizik applied the proper "motivational methods" in practice to get them more aggressive. How did they look against the Citadel--better?--I didn't get to see the game.

not really but its hard to tell with the 2nd team defense...... we were still giving up at least 3 yeards per carry......I hope we are aggressive this week b/c with Scheaffer's ability to run we will have to be in order to stop UT...

Archived