Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

Just got a text message that 2012 WR Jaquay Williams is going to narrow his choices to a top 3 and make a decision at the end of May.  He specifically named 2012 commitment Zeke Pike as a primary reason Auburn is in the mix!  WDE!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, I'm hearing good stuff on this kid and really like our chances at this time.

THIS^^^!!!  :we:

Says his "top 7" right now are AU, ua, uf, Tenn., LSU, Miami, and Ohio St. This kid is an AUsome talent, and at 6-foot-4, 200 lbs, he'd fit in JUST nicely!  ;)

Rivals has him listed at 6'2, 180. Quite the difference. Here's to hoping he's really 6'4.

They haven't updated it apparently. He verified it in an interview with an Ohio St fansite (Bucknuts radio) recently that he is 6-foot-4, 202 right now.  :)

On that point, he did grow up an OSU fan (lived in Aliquippa, Pa till he was 7), visited there in early April, and REALLY likes them too. But the AU staff has had a BIG presence at Sandy Creek HS the past few years, and as J-S said I REALLY like our chances here with one of the TOP WR's in the country!

7_71626.jpg

TONS of highlights and info HERE!

He likes having the chance to play with the top qb in the class and what wr wouldn't :dunno:  He hopes that ZP will be on campus with him when he visits. I'm sure the coaches will/have put these two in touch with each other.

Wouldn't WR be our 2ND biggest concern this year after RB for the offense?  Is our coaches making a WR a top priority? Last year's class was a bit thin on natural big time play makers.  According to Scout we are after 6 players ranked in the top 30 at WR and Williams is listed at number 20.  I would guess everyone ranked between 31-50 at WR is pretty equal in ability with a chance to be immediate impact players but the top guys should be instant contributors and real difference makers with better chances of making the NFL draft one day.  According to Scout our two WR signees last year were ranked 57 and 63 respectively and so both are most likely projects with redshirt years or limited to special teams action.  With the reputation of our big play offense I hope we can get some top talent in this year like we have seen at QB, RB and on the OL.  Kids that can not only get open but also make big plays after one of our 5 star QB's gets the ball to them.  The recruits I know we are after is Dorial Green-Beckham (#1), Shaq Roland (#2), Durron Neal (#7), Davonte Neal (#17), Jaquay Williams (#20) and Nate Cole (#24). Also Javon Bell (JC) has an impressive offer list including AU.  It seems Dorial, Durron and Davonte would be long shots due to distance. I think I read that Shaq is going to make an early decision but I have no idea if he has any favorites listed.

BTW I realize Emory Blake was ranked 95Th in his class by Scout the year he came out.  He is a great player and led the team in TD receptions as a sophomore last year and I love watching him play.  But I would love an AJ Greene caliber WR in our offense since we have the best coaches in the country calling the plays.

Emory Blake will be Huge for these next two seasons. I think we have a playmaker in Benton and I believe he will emerge this year. Both of these guys are set to be juniors. It's time to stock the stable like you said. The two we signed last year are under the radar guys but they both have ability. Denson is a project for sure being that he only really played wr last season, he was a tight end his jr season. Coates will be a great player sooner than later IMO. He has the ability to do it all from the wr position. He wasn't highly ranked partly based on the competition he played. During the summer camps last year, scouts raved about his ability. At one time he rumored to have the chance to get bumped to a 5*. I don't think wr was a major need last year because of the numbers at hand. AG and SK were in the mix. We must not forget that Bray and Frost both have huge potential and were in the last class. There is a guy named Trovon hanging around campus I heard somwhere.

A good compliment to Zac Brooks. Any word on him?

;)

Oh ok, I'll give you a little more than that! Let's just put it this way.... he has not stopped RAVING about CGM and CTT ever since his last visit! I believe that we are his "leader" and I think it will take something drastic to change that! He already has plans for MULTIPLE return visits to AU for this Summer and Fall! :cool: There... is that good enough?

:we:

A good compliment to Zac Brooks. Any word on him?

;)

Oh ok, I'll give you a little more than that! Let's just put it this way.... he has not stopped RAVING about CGM and CTT ever since his last visit! I believe that we are his "leader" and I think it will take something drastic to change that! He already has plans for MULTIPLE return visits to AU for this Summer and Fall! :cool: There... is that good enough?

You're the man DJ, need I say more. (& for the record, I did use the search function before posing that Q).

A nice little posse of receivers is in the making by the sound of things.

Thanks again Chief.

Very nice DJ.  If we can pull in him and Brooks, that will be two receivers within the 6'2-6'4 range, depending on how accurate their reports are.  That will leave room for another speedy slot receiver like the Neal kid from AZ or Therezie's old teammate.  this could be a dynamite WR class.

Dorial Green-Beckhan would put our WR class in another league. Jaquay Williams and Green-Beckham would be SWEET. Deandre Jasper signing as the slot guy would be UNREAL

Very nice DJ.  If we can pull in him and Brooks, that will be two receivers within the 6'2-6'4 range, depending on how accurate their reports are.  That will leave room for another speedy slot receiver like the Neal kid from AZ or Therezie's old teammate.  this could be a dynamite WR class.

Scout doesn't show that an offer has been made to Brooks? Are they behind the info curve? 

JW appears to be the master of the jump ball.  4.7 speed would be something to work on though if that info is correct.  So even though none of the video I watched showed him after he had the ball in his hands I admire the way he appears to have fantastic concentration, knows how to use his body to get up and attack the ball. 

I'd also like to see us get a big time receiver ala AJ, Julio, or Alshon. I read somewhere that Auburn was one of the few teams in the country not to have a 1000 yard receiver or 3000 yard passer in the last decade. I'm not complaining with the results, but I can only imagine what Gus could do with a stud RB AND a stud WR.

Scout doesn't show that an offer has been made to Brooks? Are they behind the info curve? 

JW appears to be the master of the jump ball.  4.7 speed would be something to work on though if that info is correct.  So even though none of the video I watched showed him after he had the ball in his hands I admire the way he appears to have fantastic concentration, knows how to use his body to get up and attack the ball.   

We've definitely offered Brooks

So whens he announcing?

He said that he plans to sit down with his parents immediately following his HS's Spring practice, which ends May 20th, and have a decision. IMO, it would be VERY nice if he committed to AU that weekend, so that he could come to BCW and help Mr. Pike recruit the other STARS who will be there!

So whens he announcing?

He said that he plans to sit down with his parents immediately following his HS's Spring practice, which ends May 20th, and have a decision. IMO, it would be VERY nice if he committed to AU that weekend, so that he could come to BCW and help Mr. Pike recruit the other STARS who will be there!

Let's not forget about the job Cassanova is doing as well. He's doing his thing as well getting in contact with other recruits and talking up AU.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived