Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if Sandy Creek coach has any connection to UGA, but his last big-time D1 receiver (Calvin Johnson) went to GaTech so he's either not that persuasive or not too biased.

Richt is visiting him today but the AJC is pro-UGA and I think they're reaching, trying to make something of him going quiet. 

The ajc has no choice but to cater to the UGA fans. Their readership has declined steadily for awhile. Atlanta metro is chock full of dawg people so they put on the knee pads when writing about UGA recruiting. Its kind of funny because the ga tech people are completely ignored most of the time.

The ajc has no choice but to cater to the UGA fans. Their readership has declined steadily for awhile. Atlanta metro is chock full of dawg people so they put on the knee pads when writing about UGA recruiting. Its kind of funny because the ga tech people are completely ignored most of the time.

That situation you describe over there, it sounds somewhat familiar.  I can't quite put my finger on where I have seen the same type situation though.

Funny thing, this one. AU rivals site posted that JW is still committed to AU and at this point, he will sign with AU. (although it will be a battle)

Then UGA rivals says : We officially believe Georgia is the team to beat for Sandy Creek wide receiver JaQuay Williams. Head Coach Mark Richt along with Coach Mike Bobo and Coach Tony Ball are in Sandy Creek today to visit Williams, and we have been told by sources close to Williams that Georgia looks to hold the advantage right now.  Auburn is still very much in the mix here, but if Signing Day were today, we believe Williams would pick Georgia.

This would be a huge blow. Williams is one of our oldest and firmest commits at a position of need. Not to mention he's the highest ranked guy we have right now.

TJ Yeldon completely changed the way I follow recruiting. I no longer consider a commitment to mean anything but "I really like this school and they are in my top 3". It does not matter how many times a kid can say they are going to a school, even if it is 1 day before signing day, even if their parents are "all-in" and the kid talks about playing the first game in the fall. None of that matters at all. All that matters is who signs and faxes in the paperwork.

Now I just enjoy the process, and whoever we get on signing day, I will be happy for those players.

If we get JW - great. If not - that is fine too.

Archived