Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

Im friends with Ja"Quay on Facebook. He has pics of him in an Auburn jersey on his wall, and if you look at his info it says.. ATTENDS AUBURN UNIVERSITY. I think he's getting real aggrevated at people doubting him and his word. He said he was committed to Auburn, and while we all know how things can change, right now, I believe hes still coming to Auburn. He LOVES Auburn.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decker just tweeted...

@J_Decker84: Just like Kwon, we're fighting to hold on to JaQuay....”

who is decker?

A guy who graduated in Auburn, is friends with ST, and has sources.

Recruiting goes like this..

Commitment = girlfriend

LOI = married

Fill in the blanks in-between

I'll add: Transfer = divorce

Committed to one school, but suddenly enrolls at another = Left at the alter

TJ Yeldon completely changed the way I follow recruiting. I no longer consider a commitment to mean anything but "I really like this school and they are in my top 3". It does not matter how many times a kid can say they are going to a school, even if it is 1 day before signing day, even if their parents are "all-in" and the kid talks about playing the first game in the fall. None of that matters at all. All that matters is who signs and faxes in the paperwork.

Now I just enjoy the process, and whoever we get on signing day, I will be happy for those players.

If we get JW - great. If not - that is fine too.

I understand your feeling this way, at the same time, I don't think we should lump all recruits and/or kids into the category that the one that you mentioned is. Many of the young men that are out their are man enough look a coach in the eye and tell them the truth. We don't win them all but I have respect for those that are up front with their intentions.

Recruiting goes like this..

Commitment = girlfriend

LOI = married

Fill in the blanks in-between

I'll add: Transfer = divorce

Committed to one school, but suddenly enrolls at another = Left at the alter

Processed = served divorce papers

apparently all the UGA coaches visited him... which I thought was a violation since only 2-3 coaches can visit at one time...

No, that is the way the article made it sound. It was just Richt, Bobo, and Gardner I think.

Four coaches listed in the article: "Richt brought along an entourage of assistants – offensive coordinator Mike Bobo, wide receivers coach Tony Ball and recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner."

Archived