Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

I've been a big believer that Williams was ours to lose for awhile now but I am now starting to worry as well.  I also got the feeling that his HS coach is pretty pro UGA.  For whatever reason it seems to me like a lot of these kids want to come to Auburn, but all the people around them try and sway them.  Fingers crossed we hold on to him through NSD but I am going to be really disappointed if we lose him.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe JW will think about how fast UGA will give Richt the boot if he doesn't win big soon. Then he will be stuck under Kirby Smart and be force to the Defense. And Remember how UGA didn't even come after him until just recently because they wanted other players more.

You know, there really should be some serious rule changes with regard to when a recruit makes a verbal to a school. The last week prior to NSD should be a hands off time to where a recruit cannot be visited or talked to by any school including the team he has committed to. The whole recruiting process is in need of an overhaul that should make it to where once a young man has made a verbal, it has almost as much commitment by the recruit as NSD has. It should have a "Do not call list" pretty much like when want your home phone number removed from telemarketers lists. This will never happen, but there needs to be some serious rule changes that are clear and to the point so that the satans of the world can be handcuffed and not allowed to do things that a certain  turd-satan currently does.

doc4aday,

Telling them not to call a week before NSD would just make the week before that week crazy. There's no way to stop the insanity.

And as far as the "Do not call list".. Several players have chosen that option before. They change their phone number and are done with it. Just depends on the recruit.

If you told a recruit that once you make a verbal commit then you have to stick to it, you wouldn't see anyone verbally commit anywhere until they have to sign.

I can understand a recruit having second thoughts as NSD nears, especially when other coaches are pulling out

all the stops. I can't help but believe, at the end of the day, he will think back why he has been committed for

so long and all the relationships that have been built over this time and will come to realize that he has been

right all along.

You know, there really should be some serious rule changes with regard to when a recruit makes a verbal to a school. The last week prior to NSD should be a hands off time to where a recruit cannot be visited or talked to by any school including the team he has committed to. The whole recruiting process is in need of an overhaul that should make it to where once a young man has made a verbal, it has almost as much commitment by the recruit as NSD has. It should have a "Do not call list" pretty much like when want your home phone number removed from telemarketers lists. This will never happen, but there needs to be some serious rule changes that are clear and to the point so that the satans of the world can be handcuffed and not allowed to do things that a certain  turd-satan currently does.

I don't know about the NCAA regulating "commitments", but I do believe the recruit should be able to go to the NCAA and be granted "asylum" from contact from schools if he so chooses. Don't know if any would choose even if it were an option though.

The only way the NCAA could regulate it, is to allow recruits to sign anytime of the year up to a certain date to qualify for the next season. Then the recruits are bound and the other coaches would be wasting their time. The recruits could still wait if they wanted.

doc4aday,

Telling them not to call a week before NSD would just make the week before that week crazy. There's no way to stop the insanity.

And as far as the "Do not call list".. Several players have chosen that option before. They change their phone number and are done with it. Just depends on the recruit.

If you told a recruit that once you make a verbal commit then you have to stick to it, you wouldn't see anyone verbally commit anywhere until they have to sign.

The recruiting services have made recruiting a spectator sport.  That is the first problem and if you take care of that the other problems might not be all that bad.  There is no need for verbals being pressured, posted, accumulated, and score cards kept.  Verbals are not signed letters of intent to sign a scholarship... which by the way, only seem to be binding for the recruit.

Totally agree dpwspringer. Now that it has become a spectator sport, there's no way you can change it unless you shut down the internet :laugh:

If there's a market, somebody's gonna find a way to make money off of it.

Did anyone just see where Jaquay W tweeted Zeke Pike to "throw the ball to him?"  Sounds like his heart is still at AU!!! :we:

Welcome, tripplite.  Nice first post.  :we:

Thank you sir!  You guys inspire me to keep up with AU recruiting!  It's a blast!!  Makes the offseason go by a little quicker....the ulcers I get from following recruiting aren't fun, but I am used to them by now! 

It is exciting!  Looks as though we're going to have a photo finish on Wednesday.  It's coming down to the wire with so many of the big dogs.

One of the easiest ways to eliminate all of this, is have an early signing period, like they have in basketball, and other sports. Recruits who know where they are going, can get all that out of the way. The one exception would be if his head coach leaves after he has committed. The most obvious solution is the one they will never do. Kind of like having a playoff to determine the champ in football, like NCAA rules state.

I give up we'll be lucky to sign 18 or 20. Sorry facts are facts. 

New Mexico is supposedly stealing most of our top recruits.

They are also tied for the Fulmer Cup lead. They are becoming quite the big time program.

Archived