Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

Thank you sir!  You guys inspire me to keep up with AU recruiting!  It's a blast!!  Makes the offseason go by a little quicker....the ulcers I get from following recruiting aren't fun, but I am used to them by now! 

It is exciting!  Looks as though we're going to have a photo finish on Wednesday.  It's coming down to the wire with so many of the big dogs.

This is very true!  Hoping for a HUGE finish for AU!!!   :wedance:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give up we'll be lucky to sign 18 or 20. Sorry facts are facts. 

New Mexico is supposedly stealing most of our top recruits.

They are also tied for the Fulmer Cup lead. They are becoming quite the big time program.

Well, they don't call it the Wild West for nothin'.

One of the easiest ways to eliminate all of this, is have an early signing period, like they have in basketball, and other sports. Recruits who know where they are going, can get all that out of the way. The one exception would be if his head coach leaves after he has committed. The most obvious solution is the one they will never do. Kind of like having a playoff to determine the champ in football, like NCAA rules state.

I would only agree to that if the NLI for early period signees becomes null and void if the Head Coach retires or gets fired before the late signing period.

I give up we'll be lucky to sign 18 or 20. Sorry facts are facts. 

New Mexico is supposedly stealing most of our top recruits.

They are also tied for the Fulmer Cup lead. They are becoming quite the big time program.

Lobo Pride baby................................................I get teary eyed just thinking about them :'(

One of the easiest ways to eliminate all of this, is have an early signing period, like they have in basketball, and other sports. Recruits who know where they are going, can get all that out of the way. The one exception would be if his head coach leaves after he has committed. The most obvious solution is the one they will never do. Kind of like having a playoff to determine the champ in football, like NCAA rules state.

I would only agree to that if the NLI for early period signees becomes null and void if the Head Coach retires or gets fired before the late signing period.

I think since coaches can tell recruits anything but then not keep their promises, I think recruits should be offered some security when they sign. Offer a list of options that the coaches have to agree to, if player wanted them to, or the player would be allowed to transfer with no penalty to any school. The players could have the coaches check off the ones they want or all before they agree to sign. The NCAA could determine what the list would be made up of. The coaches that truly wanted a player would agree to all and have to keep their word.

The coaches force them out the door if they don't like how they are doing things, so they should be able to walk out the door if they don't like how the coach is doing things.   

Im friends with Ja"Quay on Facebook. He has pics of him in an Auburn jersey on his wall, and if you look at his info it says.. ATTENDS AUBURN UNIVERSITY. I think he's getting real aggrevated at people doubting him and his word. He said he was committed to Auburn, and while we all know how things can change, right now, I believe hes still coming to Auburn. He LOVES Auburn.

Some people doubting him could be because he is taking OVs and in homes from an opposing Coach the last week before NSD. That might have something to do with it.  Having said that, my personal opinion is he is AU.

apparently all the UGA coaches visited him... which I thought was a violation since only 2-3 coaches can visit at one time...

Just a secondary violation. Definitely worth the risk for them. I keep saying it over and over again the NCAA doesn't have any teeth anymore.

Maybe JW will think about how fast UGA will give Richt the boot if he doesn't win big soon. Then he will be stuck under Kirby Smart and be force to the Defense. And Remember how UGA didn't even come after him until just recently because they wanted other players more.

Are you kidding? Richt isn't going anywhere unless he totally bombs a season. I would have already fired him but hey that's just me. He does less with more talent than any other coach.

Maybe JW will think about how fast UGA will give Richt the boot if he doesn't win big soon. Then he will be stuck under Kirby Smart and be force to the Defense. And Remember how UGA didn't even come after him until just recently because they wanted other players more.

Are you kidding? Richt isn't going anywhere unless he totally bombs a season. I would have already fired him but hey that's just me. He does less with more talent than any other coach.

The fans were ready to fire him before the season started. He silenced them for the moment but next year the fans will expect them to win it all and if they don't they will being yelling again. As far as the less with more, that must be FSU in him.

He silenced the fans this year but next year the fans will expect them to win it all and if they don't they will being yelling again. As far as the less with more, that must be FSU in him.

I agree with you but he has been in this scenario time and time again. I just don't so him getting the boot as long as he can continue to do just enough to appease the masses whenever he gets in trouble.

I think the "Good, Honest Man" image is what has helped him stay this long. Maybe the fans will start expecting more now that UT and UF have fell off and UGA and SC are supposed to be the best in the east.

I think the "Good, Honest Man" image is what has helped him stay this long. Maybe the fans will start expecting more now that UT and UF have fell off and UGA and SC are supposed to be the best in the east.

Correct. That has a lot to do with it.

Did anyone just see where Jaquay W tweeted Zeke Pike to "throw the ball to him?"  Sounds like his heart is still at AU!!!

By no means am I trying to take away from your first post but all Ja'Quay really tweeted was "throw me the ball"... What you saw were several retweets, one of which was Zeke replying to JW's original tweet. Ja'Quay did retweet a lot of AU fans though and I'm going to pretend that's good news.

He's been one of my favorite recruits along with Josh Holsey... I sure hope his heart is still in Auburn.

War Eagle

Guys, I know anything can and usually does happen in recruiting, but I don't think there is any chance that JW goes anywhere but Auburn.

If he schedules an announcement I think he is gone, but according to many on this tread he is just going to fax his LOI which is good news.

That tweet sure sounds sweet

Pike with the news we like

Sorry -- just got back from a road trip....

Was it a road trip to a bad 80's style rap museum???

Archived