Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

Even though parts of this were posted in another thread, it belongs in here. For the ones worried JW is going to UGA because of what his teammate said he told him on the phone while him and WA were in Auburn.

The teammate later said that even though JW made a comment about how they could all play together for UGA, he still believes JW is signing with AU. If the player was lying and trying to cover it up he would not have also mention them talking about playing together at UGA.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/28/jaquay-williams-did-auburn-get-an-advantage-over-uga-with-surprise-visit/

Earlier on Saturday, UGA offered a pair of Sandy Creek underclassmen, sophomore WR Demarre Kitt and junior DB Shaq Wiggins. Kitt got his offer in person at UGA’s Junior Day, while Wiggins stayed home but got the news after talking to the Bulldogs over the phone.

Then his cell rang: “It was JaQuay, and at first he was mad at me for not going up to Georgia for Junior Day. He gave me a hard time about it. Then he congratulated me. He was like ‘You, me and Demarre … we can play together at Georgia, man,” said Wiggins, who has 12 early offers, including Tennessee and Michigan.

What is Shaq’s best guess on where JaQuay will sign on Wednesday? Will it be Auburn or UGA? “I’d say when JaQuay thinks about it deep down inside, he will stay with Auburn,” Wiggins said. “The reason I say that is because I’ve been with JaQuay on trips to Auburn and I’ve seen how he gets along with the coaches and players. He has always been like War Eagle this and War Eagle that.”

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i read this tonite and got really pumped...most of what i have seen up to this point had auburn and thuga neck and neck despite j.w. commitment...why would j.w. recruit a friend from g tech to auburn if he is goin to the mutts? :we:

JaQuayWilliams Ja'Quay Williams

Well I'm going to disappoint LOTS AND LOTS of people. Even the ones I love most but it's going to be what's best for me in my future

14 minutes ago Favorite Reply

:dunno:

Well I'm going to disappoint LOTS AND LOTS of people. Even the ones I love most but it's going to be what's best for me in my future

Keep in mind his uncle is a GA fan, I think he would be classy enough to decommit before signing day if he were going to Georgia.

JMO, he is coming to Auburn.

Keep in mind his uncle is a GA fan, I think he would be classy enough to decommit before signing day if he were going to Georgia.

JMO, he is coming to Auburn.

IMO 100%  ;D

i hate hanging on every word a recruit tweets, but yes, this seems to be a clear indication that he has decided to sign with AU, disappointing some of his family and probably most of his friends who are Dawg fans. 

i hate hanging on every word a recruit tweets, but yes, this seems to be a clear indication that he has decided to sign with AU, disappointing some of his family and probably most of his friends who are Dawg fans. 

That is the most obvious interpretation, for sure. Plus the fact that he is already committed to Auburn!

:we:

Im so ready for all this to be over with. I was reading some article while ago that has got me thinking. It was one on Ja'Quay, and his tweets.  We all know he LOVES AUBURN. Well, this guy put his tweet in a different light. he said he could have meant , He'g going to disappoint LOTS and LOTS of people that he loves, meaning AUBURN. I hope this is NOT the case. I really want him to come to Auburn. Not trying to be debbie downer here, caseu I wont give up.I just hope he isnt the one that some are talking about flipping, and hopefully all these tweets and stuff are just to keep people wondering. We've got to all remember, these are kids and they are going to have as much fun with this as they can, as they should.

I think he's coming to Auburn, based on the fact that he has committed to Auburn. Is it possible he flips? Anything is possible, I guess. But to me, it sounds like he's all in.

I am not sure how to make out this tweet from JW.  As of right and for the past few months he has been committed to Auburn.  So technically he shouldn't be disappointing "LOTS AND LOTS" of people.  However, if he has decided to become a bulldog then I would assume the "LOTS AND LOTS" of people is reference to Auburn. 

I for one could not handle the stress and pressure that these 17 - 18 year old kids have to endure during this recruiting process.    I wish he would stay with Auburn but as long as the decision is 100% his, I support him either way.

Everyone take a deep breath. He's still committed to Auburn for a reason.

Exactly. I mean, he has said he is committed to Auburn. Let's take him at his word.

Hi all, I've been hanging around the forums for a while, but haven't posted 'till now. Anyway, I just saw the following on Ja'quay's twitter feed:

"To everyone That thinks I'm not signing. I am signing February 1. Between Auburn and Georgia."

That obviously doesn't sound like A guy who is solid on his commitment. Hope he makes the right decision come Wednesday.

Edit: @JaQuayWilliams - "Haha Sorry everyone it's February 3 not the 1st"

Hi all, I've been hanging around the forums for a while, but haven't posted 'till now. Anyway, I just saw the following on Ja'quay's twitter feed:

"To everyone That thinks I'm not signing. I am signing February 1. Between Auburn and Georgia."

That obviously doesn't sound like A guy who is solid on his commitment. Hope he makes the right decision come Wednesday.

Edit: @JaQuayWilliams - "Haha Sorry everyone it's February 3 not the 1st"

Two days after signing day? NOW it's not starting to look good.

Although there is reason to worry based on those tweets, he's probably just pullin a Ray Drew, just reversed this time around. Hopefully anyway.

I posted several "as of now" updates ST put on Twitter on the Countdown to Signing Day thread above. He says Williams stays with AU.

I posted several "as of now" updates ST put on Twitter on the Countdown to Signing Day thread above. He says Williams stays with AU.

Just saw that -- thanks for posting.

Not sure what happened today, but does everybody know that a friend of Williams took over his Twitter?  They could be having fun with a bunch of folks.  I don't blame 'em.  When I was 17-18, I would have probably done the same thing to watch the ripples.

Not sure what happened today, but does everybody know that a friend of Williams took over his Twitter?  They could be having fun with a bunch of folks.  I don't blame 'em.  When I was 17-18, I would have probably done the same thing to watch the ripples.

Mmm hmmm: http://theauburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=44114.0.

IMO - The fact that JW is "announcing" is a very bad sign.  He already announced he was going to play for Auburn.  If he was going to stay with Auburn he would just fax his loi. 

I hope I am wrong about this.  War Eagle.

Archived