okay dudes and dudettes,its time to get

tombigbeetiger

really serious......do ya'll understand just how big this game is?......do you really understand what a win this week will mean?.....i do....i'm starting to get nervous and it's just monday.....go back to 1993 and check out just how big of win that one was over florida.....this one is bigger than that......are ya'll starting to understand?

I agree. This game is HUGE. I know it's still early, but if we win this weekend I could reasonably see us going undefeated in the regular season. This could be the year we get over the hump.

This game is BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!! But not quite that big. While we need to win to set up a shot at the National Title, we still have UGA. And Arkansas brings some problems. WE NEED TO WIN, no doubt. I WANT A SHOT AT A TITLE!....

Heck, this is a BIG GAME.

DEVOUR THE VOLS. SQUASH THE FROG!!!!!!! Let's show them that Orange means AUBURN. And Blue is what UT will be after Sat. night!

WAR EAGLE BABY!

I'm glad to see some of you are finally realizing how big this game is. I was saying in the summer and the spring that this was the biggest game of the year. Most everyone thought LSU, while a few others thought Georgia.

Regardless of what happened vs. LSU, this was the momentum game. A loss to LSU and a win against UT meant we still had a chance and some momentum going into the 3 game home stretch. We won and now we have a chance to be 5-0 coming to that home stretch, meaning we could be 9-0 facing Georgia. A loss to LSU and a loss to UT and the fans wouldn't even show up for the 3 game home stretch - well they would, but very disappointed and asking for Tubs head.

If we lose to UT, the fans for the next 3 games are going to keep thinking of UT. The fans will be a little down, knowing the NC dreams are over.

A win and the fans are going to be psyched for the next 3 home games, thinking NC knowing we are basically in the SEC Championship. The Arkansas game should be a sellout. Kentucky will be that much more exciting, knowing we could be in the top 5 with that SEC win.

Yes you do. If Auburn loses this game, the odds of them making the Orange Bowl are practically Zero. There will be too many undefeated teams to overcome. Auburn may go undefeated and still not make it to the Orange Bowl, it'll be that tough.

We don't have any Orange Bowl visions with all of these young players everywhere on the field. 11 or 12 freshmen will see action sometime during the game on Saturday! It is a pivotal game for us in terms of the SEC Eastern race, a win and we are right in the middle of it with a leg up, a loss and Georgia becomes a must win game on the road. I think the attendance record set for the UF game will be broken this weekend. Don't know exactly how they do that I guess they just start squeezing after 108,000!

both of the national champs last year had one loss...just something to think about. you don't have to be undefeated to go to the orange bowl

I don't see USC or OU getting a loss this year. I really hope I'm wrong because I think both teams are very defeatable provided they play a good team. Even if AU (hypothetically) were to go undefeated, I feel we would be stuck behind those two in the polls. Miami also has a legitimate shot at going undefeated as well. They've already beaten the toughest team on their schedule, all they have to do now is remain consistent.

Either way, thats end of the season talk. We have to beat several formidable oppenents before we can enter that realm of conversation. UT will be tough. Arkansas is looking better than advertised. UGA will be the toughest one all season if their offense gels. And rankings won't matter in the Alabama game... history will back me up on this. Sure, we had some creampuffs this year, but our schedule is tough. Don't let anyone convince you it's easy.

NO need for NC talk right now we should be focused on UT and then LA Tech and Then Arky...... lets not get ahead of ourselves people... one game at a time!

NO need for NC talk right now  we should be focused on UT and then LA Tech and Then Arky...... lets not get ahead of ourselves people... one game at a time!

105566[/snapback]

Exactly, this game is a big game, just as last week was a big one, and next week will be big too. We all remember last year and what happens when we put the cart before the horse. Taken one game at a time our boys take care of things. WDE!!! lets go deal with those Vols.

Yes you do. If Auburn loses this game, the odds of them making the Orange Bowl are practically Zero. There will be too many undefeated teams to overcome. Auburn may go undefeated and still not make it to the Orange Bowl, it'll be that tough.

105527[/snapback]

you really think that there will at least two undefeated teams? OU has to make it through the Big 12 championship game (which won't be too hard, but look at last year) and Texas is normally a hard game for them. USC almost blew it against Stanford last year and played pretty soft against Va Tech also. It's really hard to have an undefeated season. West Virginia plays Va Tech this week and VT has been playing pretty well without the talent even with the losses. UGA has LSU, UT, ARK, and Auburn left on the schedule not to mention the SEC championship. Miami still has to play at NC state and at Virginia and VT which is always a tough game for them. There are still a lot of undefeated teams, but it is also still EARLY in the season. I just really don't see more than one team being undefeated. I may be completly wrong but there is still a lot of football left to play, and winning the SEC championship is always a big game in the voters mind. Anyways, there is still a lot of games to be played and I do not expect an undefeated season, but right now I just hope to come out of Knoxville with a big W!

first, we aren't going undefeated. second, usc isn't going undefeated. i won a lot of money on cal last year, and i'm going to win a lot of money on cal this year b/c the tedheads are gonna beat usc again (they are considerably weaker than last year). third, ou won't be undefeated. mainly b/c they aren't half as good as folks think but also b/c they are a slip up team. they'll lose somewhere they shouldn't. miami is the only team i can see from that list with a shot at being undefeated. all they have to do is get past uva and they have no excuses.

Archived