Ronnie Brown is coming...

StatTiger

“I’ve noticed every time he gets the ball there’s about four or five guys trying to tackle him,” Campbell says. “They’re trying to swarm to him. Right now it’s up to all of the other guys like myself, the receivers and Ronnie Brown to win the games because they’re going to clamp down on Carnell. We can take pressure off him by making plays and that will open him up.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the UT game will be Ronnie Brown's moment to shine? Even Coach Borges has commented on how opposing teams are keying on Carnell Williams this season. Brown could have played this past Saturday but the coaching staff wanted him primed and ready for Tennessee. For the season, Brown has twice as many runs of 20-yards or more than Carnell, despite having 51 less carries. Brown is the better receiver of the two, averaging 13.8 yards per catch ( 27 ) compared to CW's 8.3 average on 28 receptions.

On the road production:

RB: 876yds-151-7tds / 5.8 avg

CW: 1130yds-242-12tds / 4.7 avg

On the road against ranked opponents:

RB: 300yds-58-3tds / 5.2 avg

CW: 517yds-129-4tds / 4.0 avg

I can almost feel it in my bones... :P

I foresee play action fake to Carnell and a dump to Ronnie in the flats in our future.

105567[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better, I hope CAB is thinking this too (I am sure he is). As well as a few more fake to Carnell inside and a toss to Ronnie for BIG yards.

For some reason I'm not really that worried about the game. I don't think it will be a blow out, but I got the feeling that they won't be able to hang with us for 4 quarters. I think Ronnie and Cadillac will run wild and our defense will for the most part lock down those two freshman.

I think that when they put Caddy as a wide out that opens up the playbook for runs and passes. He is very fast so they have to cover him with a corner and this leaves the other receivers to play slot. and if you keep ronnie in the backfield that might open up the run some more if they have to worrie about the pass. I think they'll both have great games.

I agree. That is the only thing I am worried about. I think if we can slow down Ronnie Brown (I know we can't stop him) we will win. If not, it is going to be a long night and along season untill we see him again in Atlanta in December.

Time will tell.

For some reason I'm not really that worried about the game. I don't think it will be a blow out, but I got the feeling that they won't be able to hang with us for 4 quarters. I think Ronnie and Cadillac will run wild and our defense will for the most part lock down those two freshman.

105576[/snapback]

You should be a little worried. UT is no cupcake. This will be a hard-fought SEC game.

105576[/snapback]

You should be a little worried. UT is no cupcake. This will be a hard-fought SEC game.

105606[/snapback]

For real! There are alot of overconfident AU fans on this board! I hope they're right.

I think if we can slow down Ronnie Brown (I know we can't stop him) we will win. 

105586[/snapback]

Is it just me, or do you get the feeling that most UT fans assume that they will be able to move the ball at will and only need to shut down the run (with a thin front 7) to win?

I just hope that when we get the lead we don't go into "prevent mode". It seems like everytime we do that we let the other team back into the game - like UT last year. If a defensive scheme worked the first 3.5 quarters, and it got you the lead - keep doing it!

I just hope that when we get the lead we don't go into "prevent mode".  It seems like everytime we do that we let the other team back into the game - like UT last year.  If a defensive scheme worked the first 3.5 quarters, and it got you the lead - keep doing it!

105623[/snapback]

I liked the fact that in the lsu game we stayed in our base d after scoring with 1:14 left. Maybe thats a sign! :au:

I would like to see the coaches stay with the hot runing back instead of switching to Caddy when we get in the red zone. I want Caddy to break the TD record also. But not at the expense of the game.

i just want the ball in the endzone. if they feel like carnell is the stronger runner around the goal line, get him in the game.

as for ut's running game, they really don't scare me. they just don't have the individual talent at running back that lsu or florida or maybe even alabama has. that "the committee" thing just kinda makes me laugh. i'm a lot more worried by the freshmen (one of which is the best runner on the team... cedric houston included). they have a lot more explosive capability than the running backs do (especially jabari davis who i KNOW i could beat in a foot race).

Carnell gets all the hype and Ronnie is just a workhorse. I hope he has a chance to shine in the national spotlight. I think the game will be close (3/4 qtrs) then we will pull away (more than 3pts :D ) because of our running game. Let's hope Ronnie has a big game, that means that we are pounding UT...

:au:

I foresee play action fake to Carnell and a dump to Ronnie in the flats in our future.

105567[/snapback]

Screen passes and passes into the flats to the backs haven't done too well in the past two years. Look what almost happened at end of lsu game. CW was tackled for a loss on the other screen pass. I want to see RB run routes more over the middle and curl routes to the inside - same thing with the te's. Also, why not send RB or CW on a wheel route matched up with a lb. Passes to the inside to backs and te's will force the safetys to play up and inside and will give more single coverage on wideouts.

“I’ve noticed every time he gets the ball there’s about four or five guys trying to tackle him,” Campbell says. “They’re trying to swarm to him. Right now it’s up to all of the other guys like myself, the receivers and Ronnie Brown to win the games because they’re going to clamp down on Carnell. We can take pressure off him by making plays and that will open him up.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the UT game will be Ronnie Brown's moment to shine? Even Coach Borges has commented on how opposing teams are keying on Carnell Williams this season. Brown could have played this past Saturday but the coaching staff wanted him primed and ready for Tennessee. For the season, Brown has twice as many runs of 20-yards or more than Carnell, despite having 51 less carries. Brown is the better receiver of the two, averaging 13.8 yards per catch ( 27 ) compared to CW's 8.3 average on 28 receptions.

On the road production:

RB: 876yds-151-7tds / 5.8 avg

CW: 1130yds-242-12tds / 4.7 avg

On the road against ranked opponents:

RB: 300yds-58-3tds / 5.2 avg

CW: 517yds-129-4tds / 4.0 avg

I can almost feel it in my bones... :P

105565[/snapback]

I hope so, Stat. But those bothersome hamstring injuries can linger all year long. I know, I've had plenty of them.

I hope Ronnie's OK though, and has a huge day shuttin' up that danged SONG they play!!! :)

...untill we see him again in Atlanta in December.

105586[/snapback]

I like the way you think...but you're referring to watching him on TV, right?

If we take care of business against you & Georgia and the Puppies also beat you, then Florida can reclaim their stolen birthright in Atlanta with a win in the "Cocktail Party", despite the evil SEC officials! :D

Archived